Gran Turismo Sport 1.31 Update Now Available: 7 New Cars, New Tokyo Track and More

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 591 comments
Well not to my ears. The basic engine note is quite close but still not 1:1 with the real one. The gear whine in GTS is too loud (just classic PD copy paste from other cars). The BOV sound which is the "signature" sound of the P1 series is completely missing, and that changes the whole character of the driving experience. The BOV is personally my favourite aspect of the car beyond even the looks and speed (compared to the LaF and 918 which both has very "clean" sounds in comparison), so it's very disappointing for me for PD to get this wrong.

This is what proper audio sounds like:

Compare to real life video above, taking into account differences in recording equipment, AC is practically 1:1 with real life:

I see PD also still uses automatic deployment for DRS as well :rolleyes:

What is BOV?

Their super premiums are so impressive. I can't stop looking at the P1 :bowdown: . Kaz said they might need to start all over again in 10+ years but I think he was trolling :lol: . The super premiums look timeless.

5e7GranTurismoSPORT2018.png
The lighting looks natural, nothing too stylised, effortless. Simply real, a kind of presence. And it's not a matter of polygon count, art direction is everything.

Wanted to try the F50, but I'm a million short. I figured it would cost 500,000. I don't play very often.

Do Sport Mode races pay out pretty big these days? I swore an oath to never race Sport Mode again, but I'll break it if I can earn a mil in 30 mins. That's how quick match was in GT6, though they had that log in bonus multiplier which I don't seem to see in GTS.

Update is disappointing to be honest. With this being a December update (you know... Christmas) and with it being the last update for the year I was expecting a lot more. Maybe... Just maybe they can add muticlass racing into the January update (since the Rolex 24 is next month) and add Daytona (both oval and road course layouts to the game. As for cars how about some LMP1s, GR4, and adding NASCAR back into the game. I'm not sure if they'll have the 2019 mustang that ford is running in NASCAR for next year but it wouldn't bother me if it was fusion. Just get NASCAR back in GT. Just like with a bunch of things they took away from the previous game, why take away something popular like NASCAR? They lost a bit of their audience because of that alone.

The current Nascar cars are an abomination. A Camaro nose on what is otherwise the same generic body they've been running for 20 years is freaking hideous. Nascar hasn't been fun to watch since the 80's, when they actually use cars that resembled their street car counterparts.

On topic, I would like to see more Gr4 cars added to the game, like a Camaro. :sly:

The Pontiac is more enjoyable than I remember it to be in GT6. Very subtle but effective delivery of power. The interior camera required some drastic POV adjustments though.

Spent some time in the F50 last night, thanks to microtransactions :):

The car is a blast to drive!

Drove the F50 yesterday on the Nordschleife. Managed a 7.28.xxx. Contrary to what many Ferrari lovers say, I really think it is one of the most beautiful Ferraris made. The drive itself was...intense you could probably say. Can't wait to give it another 2h or so on the Ring and to see what it can really do. I could probabky manage a 7.24.xxx max, the aliens a la mikegt3 could likekly make it go unter the 7.20s. Great, great car I love it!
I really like the older cars like the F50 and McLaren F1. They don’t or rotate as quickly as some of the new ones, but once you find the right rhythm, they are really enjoyable to drive.

Also, they seems to have endless potential. I can keep getting faster and faster times with these older cars, but seem to hit a wall after a few laps with the newer ones.

@Vspectra and @queleuleu don’t forget that shaders/textures can be/can look better in future games without touching the models at all. And that makes so much difference, you can see that on some of the cars that were brought to GTS from GT6 without much work done on them. They simply look so much better in GTS simply because of new rendering techniques.

Plus, if PS5 has enough power, they can also use real-time tesselation even in-game, not just for photos.

I simply do not think they’ll ever need to work on some of the models.

Welp, as anticipated this update was a bust for me. I'll admit the Tokyo tracks are better than I thought they'd be, but I still don't like them at all and will never choose them again once I've completed the campaign races. Really really really not looking forward to the Tokyo Endurance or F1 races at all. I thought I'd enjoy the Circuit Experience in Barcelona, but instead discovered I really don't like the Lambo :D. At least when I finally got gold, took too many tries, I got a new car out of it - Vulcan. A few of the new cars look interesting, but with nowhere to use em I wouldn't know. I've bought the Trans Am as a tribute to the late Burt Reynolds more than anything else... McLaren looks fun....once I can do something with it beyond a poorly paid custom race.

Quoting myself, not that anyone read my little complaint, because I must admit I spent some time in the new McLaren and the Inner Loop and it was.... fun. It was fun ok?! :guilty: Fun enough that I might even do it again. Once I got the McLaren dialed in a little, required -3 in brake bias before it wasn't a complete locked up mess into every corner.

How are you guys setting up the McLaren?

Tried only two cars so far, because i'm saving up for Ford Mk IV

Tesla drives funky, liked it. Top speed is abysmal tho, but you really can't expect much from an EV car when it comes to top speed

Fugu Z feels... weird. It's like the car tries too hard to go sideways even on Racing Supersofts. I guess it'll make for a good drifter, but suspension will need some adjustments for racing purposes

Does anyone think that the F50 is a little easy to drive?
Since the intro of The Prancing horse to GT the halo cars have been sons of 🤬 to drive, OK so the 458 GT3 is a little too ridiculous, but surely the F50 should be a little bit more of a challenge.
As a sidebar I haven't driven any of LaFerrari, Enzo, F40 or GTO in GTS yet so I haven't got any scale for referencing them.
Any thoughts and observations are welcome :cheers:

Tried only two cars so far, because i'm saving up for Ford Mk IV

Tesla drives funky, liked it. Top speed is abysmal tho, but you really can't expect much from an EV car when it comes to top speed

Fugu Z feels... weird. It's like the car tries too hard to go sideways even on Racing Supersofts. I guess it'll make for a good drifter, but suspension will need some adjustments for racing purposes

About the tesla : (because it is so far the only i have tried from the pack)

Its horrid on the handling front because its too heavy and accelaration is very slow and not really helping considering EV Are usually torquey

Does anyone think that the F50 is a little easy to drive?
Since the intro of The Prancing horse to GT the halo cars have been sons of 🤬 to drive, OK so the 458 GT3 is a little too ridiculous, but surely the F50 should be a little bit more of a challenge.
As a sidebar I haven't driven any of LaFerrari, Enzo, F40 or GTO in GTS yet so I haven't got any scale for referencing them.
Any thoughts and observations are welcome :cheers:

The F50 was engineered as an F1 car for the road, so obviously it won't handle like a clumsy fridge. Try the Shelby Cobra if you want to remind yourself what a difficult car is like to drive.

The F50 was engineered as an F1 car for the road, so obviously it won't handle like a clumsy fridge. Try the Shelby Cobra if you want to remind yourself what a difficult car is like to drive.

The F40, Enzo and LaFerrari were built with the same philosophy, I'd be surprised if I could just take any of those out for a race and keep them on the road/pointing in the right direction at the first attempt never mind winning!

The F40, Enzo and LaFerrari were built with the same philosophy, I'd be surprised if I could just take any of those out for a race and keep them on the road/pointing in the right direction at the first attempt never mind winning!

The F40 is rather difficult thanks to it being turbo-charged in that laggy way characterizing many cars at the time. However, the F50, Enzo and LaFerrari have no such turbo boost and are therefore more linear on the throttle. Also keep in mind that it isn't exactly hard to win against the "AI" in Gran Turismo.

About the tesla : (because it is so far the only i have tried from the pack)

Its horrid on the handling front because its too heavy and accelaration is very slow and not really helping considering EV Are usually torquey

...under 4sec from 0-100 is not slow by any means, donno what did you expect. Also you have to know this is model that was introduced back in 2012, where it didn't have front motor nor it's final gear drive was set to 250... I only wish they make it into N category and make it use power instead of infinite... Would also like to change FGR instead of that eV tranny bull****

The F40 is rather difficult thanks to it being turbo-charged in that laggy way characterizing many cars at the time. However, the F50, Enzo and LaFerrari have no such turbo boost and are therefore more linear on the throttle. Also keep in mind that it isn't exactly hard to win against the "AI" in Gran Turismo.
The AI are just a bunch of mobile chicanes, that's not what I am talking about, to summarise, do you think the F50 is easier to drive than LaFerrari/Enzo/Shelby Cobra?

The AI are just a bunch of mobile chicanes, that's not what I am talking about,

Ok, I assumed you were when you finished your previous post with "never mind winning!".

to summarise, do you think the F50 is easier to drive than LaFerrari/Enzo/Shelby Cobra?

The Shelby Cobra is one of the most difficult cars I have ever driven in any racing game. I can handle it alright, but it's a wild one.

I wouldn't say any of the Ferrari halo cars are difficult to drive, although the 288 GTO and F40 require some caution when the turbo boost kicks in. I haven't really driven the F50, Enzo and LaFerrari enough to weigh their handling traits against each other, but in general far from the most difficult cars in racing games.

New Tokyo layout rolling start bug - Infinite auto-drive three-point turns.
This is from RORY_TRUE's perspective as I was caught by this bug in an endless auto-drive loop of 3-pointers. I stuck around for the length of everyone else's first lap and the bug did not cure itself. Interestingly, I left, restarted GTS, rejoined and the same thing happened the next try too.. and only to me.
So it could be me or it could be the track. Bug, nonetheless. Or, feature, depending on how one looks at it.

I strongly agree:

Sound is incredibly accurate: but the interior misses the quick spool and blow off valve "exploding" sound when decelerating or letting go off the throttle (even Driveclub did well: ) I think they should make that louder but everything else is good imo.

Ok I think I migh have to rephrase what I mean.. uppon listening to some good quality headphones you can definately here the turbo spool and blow off valve but not as pronounced as it should sound like. They only need to increase the volume of the turbo spool and bov.

Back