Gran Turismo Sport 1.40 Update Now Available: Sardegna Road Course and New Cars

All new tracks in GT League are done (all gold exceprt Gr.B Colorado Springs Silver).
Love this update, but I just need to say that GT Rally sucks and new Redbull 2018 cars are boring (30 laps of boring).

All 3 midifications vof new tracks are really cool! Gr1 track with slow conners and fast lanes rocks!

J.D
so i would need 103 GB of free space to download and install this update ? i had only 10,5 free space on disc and update download normally

Yes, it works differently on PS4 than on PC. On PC you only need enough space for the update itself whereas on PS4 you need it for the update and the game combined. They say it's to make a copy of the older version of the game in case something goes wrong with the update process and the game files get corrupted. Still a bit ridiculous if you ask me because the way PC handles update works just fine.

All the road cars have a perfect neutral balance. This is a very good starting point. Too bad the last update tight the rotation a bit too much and kill the mid corner eagerness. If they change this again in a future update , all those new cars will drive very well . The base is very sane.
Z28 fully open differential of course have to be changed to give a good result under acceleration out corner , the very short stock gearbox only suit for low speed track.

I really love the new redbull , it's not as extreme and fake as the other , realistics downforce and power level , together with a fantastic chassis , are turning this car a beast around any track. This is a key for very fun fast future races . It's still a technical car to be driven at 100% . It can bite but you will know why and learn if it happen.

New track seems very good too , still need a lot of practice to have a good opinion.

Yes, it works differently on PS4 than on PC. On PC you only need enough space for the update itself whereas on PS4 you need it for the update and the game combined. They say it's to make a copy of the older version of the game in case something goes wrong with the update process and the game files get corrupted. Still a bit ridiculous if you ask me because the way PC handles update works just fine.
It's essentially a file system thing to prevent drive fragmentation. Even if you could, you'd never need to defrag a PS4 HDD.
So... my 500 GB PS4 is actually 500 GB - (my biggest game + update size) ? Not cool... :(
Less - the OS takes up some of that space, and don't forget that it's actually the newer 500,000,000,000 bytes (500 x 1000 x 1000 x 1000) originally, rather than the traditional 536,870,912,000 bytes (500 x 1024 x 1024 x 1024) - a 500"GB" drive will only have 465GB of reported space on it even when formatted, due to the way drive manufacturers use gigabyte (1x10^9 in decimal) and gibibyte (the binary equivalent) interchangeably, but the OS will usually use binary.

All the road cars have a perfect neutral balance. This is a very good starting point. Too bad the last update tight the rotation a bit too much and kill the mid corner eagerness. If they change this again in a future update , all those new cars will drive very well . The base is very sane.
Z28 fully open differential of course have to be changed to give a good result under acceleration out corner , the very short stock gearbox only suit for low speed track.

I really love the new redbull , it's not as extreme and fake as the other , realistics downforce and power level , together with a fantastic chassis , are turning this car a beast around any track. This is a key for very fun fast future races . It's still a technical car to be driven at 100% . It can bite but you will know why and learn if it happen.

New track seems very good too , still need a lot of practice to have a good opinion.

Waiting for the X2019 tune.

Overall the update was average in my opinion but still good 👍 . As far as the rain goes well im sort of disapointed but thats what happens when someone leaks something his not supposed to instead of acting profesionaly.
Outcome would have been the same either way. The leak is irrelevant.

J.D
so i would need 103 GB of free space to download and install this update ? i had only 10,5 free space on disc and update download normally
Have you installed it yet?

Or any other console really. Making an Backup should be an option, but not be forced.

Just checked out the update contents

For what it's worth, Sardegna Road is a very nice track. I expected something similar from Saint-Croix when it just got released, but SC was too wide in my opinion. Sardegna flows better, has nice straights and challenging corners, and it is not too wide, but not too narrow at the same time. One of the best tracks in the game so far

I hope Sierra makes it into GTS one day

This isn't true. I installed the update and only have 30GB free.

Have you installed it yet?

Or any other console really. Making an Backup should be an option, but not be forced.
Yes, ok i see i was wrong i have not 10.5GB of free disc space but like 56GB the 10 and half GB was showing when the update was downloading and now i have back my 56GB of free space so the game need like half of it's size to install the update i think

I was driving on new track and i think it's total meh, really forgettable one of the worst fictional circuits and i think they waste the time to create tracks like this and not famous real world tracks like Laguna Seca, Spa, Twin Ring Motegi or great original GT tracks like El Capitan, Deep Forest or Seattle.

First car bought and driven was an N400 grade lightweight Clio in French blue and it drives as expected... very flightly darty and you can pull long powerslides.

Winner of a car in N400.

Havent tried much else as I just got in my 42km before midnight.

The x2019 in a bit disappointing only in stealth matte black and its funny how the only challenge for it is a super pro 30 lap around autopolis... lol?

How about something to ease us in?

The new circuits are really great with those elevations and corners, the best original circuit from GT Sport at the moment.
The Redbull again. that thing for me is really overrated, spent 3 million only for a race...Autopolis with that thing :boggled:
The rest of the cars are enjoyable, and the Clio :drool:

Again the Clio Nocturne purple color is only available in GT3 A-Spec :(

Last edited:
Well sure. The Clio is the star.

The Camaro is fine if you can handle 1960s muscle cars in a mixed field where you have newer stuff (they should be filters that allow you to run just Tran Am slash US muscle cars in races).

The Tundra and the Sport 800 noddy car are both LOL in my opinion.

The x2019 is a 'forced purchase' of sorts like the W08 x2014 f1500 etc. if you want to complete tasks.

Although I'm really disappointed about the lack of rain, I'm excited to test the new 3 layouts of Sardegna Road Track. The Camaro's gonna be a really cool addition to the car list too, I'm looking forward to drive it. And finally the Raptor is gonna have a rival, the Tundra.

It may not be the best update ever, but it is still very welcome and appreciated 👍[/QUOTE}

The Raptor is faster than the Tundra

No yellow Clio. :(

Bought a black one. :)

Did a few GT League Races and the Circuit Experience. Fun. Had a try at Sardegna C (Light Weight K-Cup), really like the downhill S part. I think this is it.

hqdefault.jpg

Back