Gran Turismo Sport 1.40 Update Now Available: Sardegna Road Course and New Cars

I dont think we'll ever definitively know however you can give your 2c into what the DLC cars means to PD's bottom line.

I feel like its just an opportunity for Sony's store as a whole. I dont think it goes all back to PD's development at all.

Its the classic 'taxation without representation'... remember how Kaz himself was against it and that it was introduced in a fairly unobtrusive way.

I dont feel like the general GT Sport owning public buys much of the cars at all.

Its unproductive to make comparisons to Rockstar or Fortnite or whoever else, not even Forza as well all know the PD is a singularly unique entity that has no real comparison to anyone.

GTA5 and Fortnite etc are enterprises that are internet 'zeitgeist' phenomenons that perhaps, GT Sport is not?

GT Sport sold 8 mil.? Sony gives them $XX mil. dollars every cycle to make the next iteraiton. That's it. PD need to sell X million copies each cycle. The end.

They will support it until it becomes impractical to support. GT Sport is on a downward 'life support cycle' until GT7 and the PS5 hits.

I dont think we'll ever definitively know however you can give your 2c into what the DLC cars means to PD's bottom line.

I feel like its just an opportunity for Sony's store as a whole. I dont think it goes all back to PD's development at all.

Its the classic 'taxation without representation'... remember how Kaz himself was against it and that it was introduced in a fairly unobtrusive way.

I dont feel like the general GT Sport owning public buys much of the cars at all.

Its unproductive to make comparisons to Rockstar or Fortnite or whoever else, not even Forza as well all know the PD is a singularly unique entity that has no real comparison to anyone.

GTA5 and Fortnite etc are enterprises that are internet 'zeitgeist' phenomenons that perhaps, GT Sport is not?

GT Sport sold 8 mil.? Sony gives them $XX mil. dollars every cycle to make the next iteraiton. That's it. PD need to sell X million copies each cycle. The end.

They will support it until it becomes impractical to support. GT Sport is on a downward 'life support cycle' until GT7 and the PS5 hits.
Man, it seems like it. And to think that the game is just turning two years this year since it was released.

None of this is on-topic (again!) But for my 2c I think the difference this time around is Esports which Sony have indicated they are committed to.

Esports needs everyone on the same playing field so they have to release the DLC without a paywall. Although the micro transactions were possibly a compromise to earn some Yen.

I think the "no extra cost" DLC will continue at least till the end of the second Esports year at the end of 2019 as a result, as they need new tracks and cars to keep the events fresh and encourage interest.

On-topic: I have finally had a chance to do the first new races (Kei cars) and drive the new track (version C). I love the down then up through the esses half way round. With the rockfaces on either side, I get strong feelings of Trial Mountain at that bit. :D:tup:.

Looking forward to getting more time for Sardegna now that it's no longer 34C here :crazy::cool:

I think people don't realise yet how immensely OP the Clio V6 is. The car is mindblowingly stable while turning like an oversized kart. Even on Sports Hard tyres. Sports Soft raise the OP levels to uncharted heights. This car will be a new meta, mark my words

That sounds good. New vs old. I'm not at my game, but maybe the 4C wins with torque. Anyone? Anyone? May have to try this at Sardegna A and Alsace Village. ;)

I think people don't realise yet how immensely OP the Clio V6 is. The car is mindblowingly stable while turning like an oversized kart. Even on Sports Hard tyres. Sports Soft raise the OP levels to uncharted heights. This car will be a new meta, mark my words
*cough* Detuned S-FR Racing Concept *cough*

MMX
PD messing with us....
7061667314808160256_0.jpg

I know these aren't Midgets, but still. These things are all over Sardegna.
It's a tuk tuk lol. A TUK TUK! :lol::lol::lol:
images

The Clio V6 is only "OP" if you can get your head around the rather expert handling.

I'm waiting for a tune to settle it down. But yeah at 300 and 400 levels its very very competive but there's much easier cars to drive.

The Clio V6 is only "OP" if you can get your head around the rather expert handling.

I'm waiting for a tune to settle it down. But yeah at 300 and 400 levels its very very competive but there's much easier cars to drive.
You’re definitely playing GT Sport?

Like I said, try to manage the throttle through turns. That mid-mounted V6 is no joke.

Loving the new cars in the update, especially the Clio and the two Toyotas. What I'm loving even more is that they fixed the sequential transmission on cars like the Enzo. I thought I was just hallucinating when I couldn't hear that rev blip thing when shifting up, but no, they actually addressed that. It's much more pleasant now to drive the car on stock transmission 👍

None of this is on-topic (again!) But for my 2c I think the difference this time around is Esports which Sony have indicated they are committed to.

Esports needs everyone on the same playing field so they have to release the DLC without a paywall. Although the micro transactions were possibly a compromise to earn some Yen.

I think the "no extra cost" DLC will continue at least till the end of the second Esports year at the end of 2019 as a result, as they need new tracks and cars to keep the events fresh and encourage interest.
I remember Shawn Layden from Sony talking about their strategy with first party games last year and talking about their franchises.Basically GT fills the racing section of Sonys catalogue,Sony needs variety in their line up,open world games(Spiderman,Horizon Zero Dawn),shooters(theyre slacking on that part),Fresh concepts(Dreams PS4),racing(RIP DriveClub and good old GT). Shawn also said they divide their games by First,Best or Must.First being new IPs,Best(he said GT is the best of simracing on consoles),Must is the highly anticipated sequels.
Gran Turismo is basically a pillar of Sony being there since the beginning and still their best selling franchise.It wont go away that easily.

It's a tuk tuk lol. A TUK TUK! :lol::lol::lol:
images

I want the midget to come back just to see the meltdowns when everyone sees that "distinct" silhouette in the update teaser

On-topic: I have finally had a chance to do the first new races (Kei cars) and drive the new track (version C). I love the down then up through the esses half way round. With the rockfaces on either side, I get strong feelings of Trial Mountain at that bit. :D:tup:
That downhill, uphill, section gave me the strongest ‘classic’ GT vibes yet. Also full credit to PD for making three great track variations. Each with their own, distinct, characters.

Is anyone doing ok with the new Group B and Group 1 and the x2019 endurance?

They're all quite hard. I suspect maybe its because I'm so out of practice with dirt driving and group 1 and B cars on the tight sardegna course is no joke.

Is anyone doing ok with the new Group B and Group 1 and the x2019 endurance?

They're all quite hard. I suspect maybe its because I'm so out of practice with dirt driving and group 1 and B cars on the tight sardegna course is no joke.
Those turns are insane in Group 1 machines. I can’t quite figure out the long turn by the Church ruins consistently.

I completed Kyoto no problem but I know that track forwards and backwards (literally!)...

I'm still using my well used Audi R18 and it too drives differently from what I'm used to.

I dont think its fast enough... you need something VGT powered I expect.

I also think the hybrid cars run out of electric power very very quick and there's no opportunity to regain so maybe have to revert to old petrol power cars.

I want the midget to come back just to see the meltdowns when everyone sees that "distinct" silhouette in the update teaser
They're not for racing though, especially if one considers GT Sport as a true racing game. But given that many cars being added which aren't actually race cars or that fast as well, why not?

Back