Gran Turismo Sport 1.40 Update Now Available: Sardegna Road Course and New Cars

Is anyone doing ok with the new Group B and Group 1 and the x2019 endurance?

They're all quite hard. I suspect maybe its because I'm so out of practice with dirt driving and group 1 and B cars on the tight sardegna course is no joke.

I had a go on the 2 new courses in GR.B and best I could manage was 5th :embarrassed::embarrassed:.

So I went back to the Kei cars for another spin in a different car, as those races are a lot of fun :D.

I'm going to try GR.1 next. Your post doesn't fill me with great hope though :nervous::nervous:

Group B Sardegna:

6 laps on B? I used the 87 Quattro S1... 636hp. Tunes are scarce on Gr.B cars so all I did was 300km/h final drive, max downforce and I used 10:90 diff just to be funny. Wasnt too hard. Gold first go. I admit the two rabbits really pulled a lead until I passed everyone and could knuckle down and get these guys.

I would imagine a tune and slammed ride height and maybe more sensible centre diff and maybe say a 250km/h final drive would make it easier.

Group B Colorado:

Best so far is 4th. The lead guys have a huge margin like 15 secs once I got to 4th. I used the Subaru Gr.B with not much of a tune except 50:50 split, max downforce, no power or weight upgrades.

Will probably try again with a tune and max power and lowest weight. This one is hardddd....

I'm going to try GR.1 next. Your post doesn't fill me with great hope though :nervous::nervous:

It's an easy gold. I won by over a minute using RS tyres, power/lean setting on 2 and set your downforce to max. 👍

Oh, and I did an extra tyre stop on lap 28, just for the hell of it...

It's an easy gold. I won by over a minute using RS tyres, power/lean setting on 2 and set your downforce to max. 👍

Oh, and I did an extra tyre stop on lap 28, just for the hell of it...
I believe they were talking about the new professional Gr.1 races on Sardegna road A and Kyoto Park, there are no new endurance races for Gr.1 on this update.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/news/00_3352785.html

The Balance of Performance (BoP) for certain cars in Gran Turismo Sport has been updated.

The following is a list of all adjustments.

Gr.1 Class
・Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Team Peugeot Total '10 [Power Ratio : 90% > 91%]

Gr.2 Class
・Honda EPSON NSX '08 [Power Ratio : 121% >122%]
・Lexus PETRONAS TOM'S SC430 '08 [Power Ratio : 130% >132%]
・Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R '08 [Power Ratio : 126% >128%]

Gr.3 Class
・Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3 [Power Ratio : 105% > 104%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 105% > 104%]
・Audi R8 LMS (Audi Sport Team WRT) '15 [Power Ratio : 93% > 90%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 108% > 106%]
・BMW M6 GT3 M Power Livery '16 [Weight Reduction Ratio : 102% > 103%]
・BMW M6 GT3 (Walkenhorst Motorsport) '16 [Weight Reduction Ratio : 102% > 103%]
・Dodge Viper SRT GT3-R '15 [Power Ratio : 81% > 82%]
・Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 '13 [Power Ratio : 99% > 97%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 109% > 107%]
・Honda NSX Gr.3 [Power Ratio : 99% > 97%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 102% > 100%]
・Lamborghini Huracán GT3 '15 [Power Ratio : 96% > 94%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 108% > 106%]
・Lexus RC F GT3 (Emil Frey Racing) '17 [Weight Reduction Ratio : 102% > 103%]
・Lexus RC F GT3 prototype (Emil Frey Racing) '16 [Weight Reduction Ratio : 102% > 103%]
・McLaren 650S GT3 '15 [Power Ratio : 110% > 109%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 107% > 106%]
・Peugeot RCZ Gr.3 [Power Ratio : 107% > 106%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 110% > 109%]
・Toyota FT-1 Vision Gran Turismo (Gr.3) [Power Ratio : 100% > 101%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 102% > 103%]

Gr.4 Class
・Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.4 [Weight Reduction Ratio : 109% > 108%]
・BMW M4 Gr.4 [Power Ratio : 99% > 98%]
・Honda NSX Gr.4 [Weight Reduction Ratio : 108% > 107%]
・Lexus RC F Gr.4 [Weight Reduction Ratio : 103% > 104%]
・Renault Sport Mégane Trophy '11 [Power Ratio : 87% > 88%]
・Subaru WRX Gr.4 [Weight Reduction Ratio : 102% > 101%]

The above list of BoP changes is part of the Update 1.40 content released on 27 June.

The Clio V6 is only "OP" if you can get your head around the rather expert handling.

I'm waiting for a tune to settle it down. But yeah at 300 and 400 levels its very very competive but there's much easier cars to drive.

Clio isnt anywhere close to being op. Its mediocre.

I think people don't realise yet how immensely OP the Clio V6 is. The car is mindblowingly stable while turning like an oversized kart. Even on Sports Hard tyres. Sports Soft raise the OP levels to uncharted heights. This car will be a new meta, mark my words

It wont.

Group 1 Sardegna:

Chase car is the Audi R18 2016 Hybrid.

I used the McLaren VGT... soft tyres. max downforce. HSG tune.

The lead pack are all LMP-H cars. The McLaren has better top end.

I dont think your cornering is all that better than the LMPs, you just need to learn the track and try to overtake on the main straight. Gold in the third try is about right for a professional series.

- Detuned Toyota S-FR Racing Concept

Sfr racing concept is overrated as hell. Its absolutely trash when bopped and has awfull straight line speed. Its lap times are always worse then xbow. At n200 Alfa 4c beats it every single day.

So which other N200 cars are better?

Stratos, Mazda RX500, Fairlady Z33, S-FR, NSX, A110 and 4C.

By the way, has someone noticed that in the screensaver video with the new cars, when the Clio V6 is taking to the streets in Paris, all the traffic lights are red, and the Clio runs straight through them...?

Last edited by a moderator:
Group x2019 Autopolis 30 lap endurance:

I used a HSG tune, max downforce setup with the wrong final drive. I set it to 330km/h but this means its barely a 6 spd car. Its a 7 spd flappy paddle.

You can set it to 300km/h as I barely hit 295km/h on the straight with a tow from drafting. This car has relatively poor top end.

You can use RS tyres as wear is not evident unless you spin it.

If you keep it off the kerbs and other cars RS tyres will last the ten laps you need per stint.

Pit lap 10, 20 and you're good to the end.

You should be easily able to do sub 1'35" on this track... the AI is terrible at chaining the corners without braking. I was able to just leave it in 2nd or 3rd and just steer the car into multiple corners so you maintain speed.

I spun out twice and flat spotted due to cretinous overtaking of the AI and I still did a 48 min race with two pit stops. Just changed to RS tyres every time and short fueled for the last 8 lap stint.

With my high ratio 7th gear I cruised a bit on the straight and was able to save fuel for an avg 12 lap stint.

The AI seemed to be doing some brain damaged pitstops in that they pit when their tyres got bad, not when they ran out of fuel and some pitted two laps from the end etc.

Strangely fun this race.

Group 1 Sardegna:

Chase car is the Audi R18 2016 Hybrid.

I used the McLaren VGT... soft tyres. max downforce. HSG tune.

The lead pack are all LMP-H cars. The McLaren has better top end.

I dont think your cornering is all that better than the LMPs, you just need to learn the track and try to overtake on the main straight. Gold in the third try is about right for a professional series.
I wish it was the Audi every time! In my case it was a Tomahawk vs. my maxed (with all of its 535 bhp) power 919 Hybrid on hard tyres. Certainly took a bit of an effort to win with a clean race bonus but after a few tries I managed to dodge all the attempts to ruin my payday.

Back