Gran Turismo Sport 1.40 Update Now Available: Sardegna Road Course and New Cars

Group B Sardegna:

Amazingly awful race. I used a GrB Subaru... I normally use the 87 Quattro S1 but I think a longer wheelbase car is less frentic. Mine was maxed out with a tune off this site. Max downforce.

There's not much to say about this race. Dont make a single mistake, keep off the invisible walls. you need every second.

Its only 7 laps of a 3km race. I think I was able to capture 1st by lap 5 so could cruise to the end with the rabbit in the mirrors.

Again there are some sections the AI just doesnt tackle too well, overtake there.

The only thing I feel you need to learn is how to make the straightest fastest line thru some of the bends that can be straighted out.

I know most of you guys hate dirt racing. I dont love it either.

Right, I was just trying to explain my line of thought.

The discussion was about the N200 BoP. All the cars have altered power and weight settings there, no matter which class they were in originally.

A discussion which car in factory specs is the fastest in N200 would be kind of pointless.

Sardegna B, forward or reverse, Clio V6 n400 spec. HSG tune... RH tyres against a GT4 crowd.

There's not much better than this. The car is so fun and the track is so amazing.

I only regret that the Clio doesnt go all the way up to N500 as that would be a real weapon up there.

In n400 is near enough to the top it doesnt matter.

I wonder how much it would cost to buy an actual real Clio V6 from the UK to send down here? Such an amazing car. Such an amazing people the French. Only they could come up with something this wonderful. I've seen some here at the exotic supercar centers for around $40k USD.

The HSG tune has really calmed the car down so its super communicative and it just doesnt bite as hard as the OEM tune. The guy knows how to tune.

I race some top 10 ghost for the next manufacturer sardegna B II with my M4 after the new BOP power reduction 99% to 98% .
Top speed now is clearly prejudicated and most of the others ghost are flying away since the starting line. It's possible to stick back a few in turns but out corner accel and top speed of the Jaguar and corvette for exemple together with some others are really superior. 👎:grumpy::grumpy:

The Sardegna race in Gr. 1 Cup can be a breeze if you know your way around the track.

I even used the BOP’d Porsche 962C to have fun with it and won, but of course the rubber-banding AI trolls your best lap times... unless if you drive something like a hybrid LMP1 like the Porsche 919.

I've now started to work through the new cars trying them out in the available GT League events.

I'll come back to it later, but I noticed that the new (old) Toyota is eligible for the Boxer event. I'm curious as to how high I can get this and will post when I get to it.

First up though, the Clio, which can be boosted all the way to approx 440hp. This gets it straightforward wins in the Amateur Custom Cup event.

It's not going to win the MR event, obviously, but there's plenty else for me to do yet. The Amateur Real Circuit Event will be up next.

EDIT changed my mind - I found out that the Clio is eligible for the Hatchback events which I haven't run for a while, so they are up next...

Incidentally, I expect new races to be added to the Hatchback events next time around because of the new old Clio.

Last edited:
First time I raced Sardegna A reverse and it is remarkably better than Sardegna A forward.

I guess the problem is I got blooded on this with the abominable Group 1 win or die challenge and its full of blind-ish 1st gear corners.

In reverse the flow of the track is much more evident. Its even fun. It feels much wider in reverse and I know how silly that sounds.

Sardegna A forward is barely fun.

First time I raced Sardegna A reverse and it is remarkably better than Sardegna A forward.

I guess the problem is I got blooded on this with the abominable Group 1 win or die challenge and its full of blind-ish 1st gear corners.

In reverse the flow of the track is much more evident. Its even fun. It feels much wider in reverse and I know how silly that sounds.

Sardegna A forward is barely fun.

This is why I like Maggiore GP II a lot more than the default version. To me, the track flows better.

Don't know why I keep going into GT League for Gr.4 races. It's like opening the fridge with no food in it. You know it has nothing, but you keep opening it, thinking something will magically appear.

Everyone knows about the rain missions already. It’s been nearly two years. :irked:

I am new to GTS, but is this what you are referring to right?
8224154563530229272_0.jpg

I've now started to work through the new cars trying them out in the available GT League events.

I'll come back to it later, but I noticed that the new (old) Toyota is eligible for the Boxer event. I'm curious as to how high I can get this and will post when I get to it.

First up though, the Clio, which can be boosted all the way to approx 440hp. This gets it straightforward wins in the Amateur Custom Cup event.

It's not going to win the MR event, obviously, but there's plenty else for me to do yet. The Amateur Real Circuit Event will be up next.

EDIT changed my mind - I found out that the Clio is eligible for the Hatchback events which I haven't run for a while, so they are up next...

Incidentally, I expect new races to be added to the Hatchback events next time around because of the new old Clio.

Called it 're the new hatchback events :sly:

Spent a lot of time in the Clio which is great for a number of events, the Beginner French event, Amateur Hatchback, Real Circuit Tours.

It's a beaut for the new Sardegna B reverse race in Hatchback event. Have to say I agree with other comments that this flows better in reverse. It feels much more of a natural flow going round to the right and down hill at the start, as opposed to the other way around.

Also spent a lot of time in the 1969 Camaro which handles much better than I'd expected for a 50 year old car. For some reason, it seems to be more competitive at higher HP (e.g. 540hp in FR event) than at lower ones (e.g. 390hp in Real Circuit Tours).

Still have the Tundra and S800 to try out before I get into the July cars :D

Back