Gran Turismo Sport 1.41 Update Now Available: Adds Five Cars, More Events

Oh! Took the S800 out on the Green Hell, and it rolled at the first sharp corner. Look, Game Developers, not EVERY SINGLE CAR from the 1960s was so insanely top heavy that it rolled at 20mph at every mildly sharp corner. Not gonna lie, GT4 is better 'cause you can't roll your car. That and the same cars didn't even tip. And Forza's not that much better, really. Their SUVs are still neigh undrivable they tip over so much. I feel like fore the S800 to roll that easily the center of gravity would have to not be in the actual car. It's ridiculous. You know, give arcade racers like NFS all the hate you want, but at least it takes more than 5mph to roll a stupid car in those.

Oh! Took the S800 out on the Green Hell, and it rolled at the first sharp corner. Look, Game Developers, not EVERY SINGLE CAR from the 1960s was so insanely top heavy that it rolled at 20mph at every mildly sharp corner. Not gonna lie, GT4 is better 'cause you can't roll your car. That and the same cars didn't even tip. And Forza's not that much better, really. Their SUVs are still neigh undrivable they tip over so much. I feel like fore the S800 to roll that easily the center of gravity would have to not be in the actual car. It's ridiculous. You know, give arcade racers like NFS all the hate you want, but at least it takes more than 5mph to roll a stupid car in those.
What tyres were you on

What tyres were you on

Why should that even matter IRL? I was on super soft slicks. But...really, if that = instant roll over, that's still stupid physics which is my complaint. Why would putting racing slicks move the center of gravity like 5 feet. Are the slicks just SUPER GRIPPY to the point where it immediately causes anything that's made before 1970 roll at the drop of a hat? Because...again, that's still not realistic.

Why should that even matter IRL? I was on super soft slicks. But...really, if that = instant roll over, that's still stupid physics which is my complaint. Why would putting racing slicks move the center of gravity like 5 feet. Are the slicks just SUPER GRIPPY to the point where it immediately causes anything that's made before 1970 roll at the drop of a hat? Because...again, that's still not realistic.
It does matter because the suspension can't handle the immense grip of the tyres.

Well these cars do have super soft suspensions, so with tyres such as racing super softs if you don't harden the suspension and lower the car, the car is doomed to roll around in an exaggerated manner. Be tall enough, soft enough and have a short enough wheelbase and you can flip over easily. Keep in mind that these are modern racing slicks not the bias ply tyres these cars were designed around back in 1966.

Try driving it on SH if you don't want to tune the suspension and you'll see how much better it is.

Last edited:
I'm loving the new Porsche 911. It's twitchy but in a fun manageable way and the long braking distance is more like a guesstimate rather than an exact science. The way you can over-steer and still come back is just too fun.

Well these cars do have super soft suspensions, so with tyres such as racing super softs if you don't harden the suspension and lower the car, the car is doomed to roll around in an exaggerated manner. Be tall enough, soft enough and have a short enough wheelbase and you can flip over easily. Keep in mind that these are modern racing slicks not the bias ply tyres these cars were designed around back in 1966.

Try driving it on SH if you don't want to tune the suspension and you'll see how much better it is.

I find this to be true for practically all of the GT cars...

So I systematically adjust the suspension to make it lower and slightly tighter, as I would in real life...

And I also set the ABS and traction control to the lowest level or even remove TC all together when possible.

Super soft slicks aren't really realistic either. You'll rarely see any hardcore GT player use them. If I wanted super handling cars I would play Need for Speed.

Working on the 911 turbo for an all around setting , after spending the day on it , i've found something i like to drive. The car is still really alive , great direction , high precision , but now a bit stiffer to contain weight transfer . On Tsukuba the car drift perfectly , i have to say that i am a very bad drifter normally. Perhaps the last tires physics in 1.41 have something to see with it . It seems that they did a thing i was asking since the beginning , not because of my claims of course , but when pass over the limit , the lost of grip is not so important as before , then you can stay on your angle more easily. Just like Chris Hariss. :lol::lol:

You have to remember and keep in mind that the S800 isn't exactly a race car that possesses exceptional handling.

Honda Civic Type R 98 is a surprising car to boot. Exceptional handling and the acceleration that very likely match proper JDM sports cars.

Mazda Roaster TC though is a weird one. The first TC car from GT5/6 to come back for some reason. To be honest back then I admire the looks and feels of it and I think it's one of the best Touring Car. The new version has a revamped interior which adds immersion. Drives like a proper race car too. Fun to one make.

Wont think to buy this anytime soon, though.

Civic Type R sound comparison

I was quite impressed with the sound. They definitely did a better job than any other dev I think. I have an EK4 (B16A2 instead of a B16B), and the sound replication was pretty on point. Much better than the insanely over aggressive cam changeover you see in any other game.

Not sure about the Euro-R but that'd be nice, I'm thinking more EP or DC5 Type Rs. I expect the next hondas to come back to be the CRX and the Honda S2000.

That's an Accord Type R, not Euro R. UK only model.

Honda-Accord-Type-R-REAR-EMBLEM-JDM-H-_1.jpg

Oh wow, ok, I didn't even pay much attention to this. TIL. So the major difference is one is based on the CH1 and the other is a CL1.

Yeah, that's correct. I imagine it was because they were using the CH1 chassis in Europe with BTCC at the time. I think @Famine has/had a Milano Red example, which admittedly is how I actually found out about it's existence.

Then you have the Torneo Euro R

4677577309_ef54d6d319_b.jpg

CL1 again, but slightly revised front and rear end. Basically like a Trueno vs. Levin.

The EK9 CTR is easily my favorite FF car in the game. It is the only car in the game that does not suffer exceptional understeer all the time. In comparison with the 2015 Type R, the old one feels so much more agile and cornering ability is way better. The feeling how the car wants to turn and when it does not just give it a little bit of power and it just corners like crazy, great setup and great sound too. Cannot wait to tune it in GT7.

PD really nailed the 81' Porsche 911 Turbo IMO. I've really been looking forward to the addition of an ass happy widowmaker. The car is so much fun to drive/control. Break early, flick it in to the corner, and ease on the power as you swing the ass around the corner and lay down some rubber. So much fun! And the sound is excellent, the gurgles and pops on deceleration really make it. The car is a classic and PD really did us a solid on this one.

Looking forward to Praiano's tune which will likely make the car a bit more competitive.

I know you’re just gagging to revive your Flyin’ Miata series, just make sure it’s at a suitable time for Australians. :P
I was but probably won't be at the moment. Someone else is setting one up and not a good idea to have both going at the same time. Soon. ;)

Tune the Civic to N299 and throw sport softs on it and take it around Nurburgring. It’s amazing how much stick that car has around turns, you can throw it as hard as you want pretty much and it will stay on course.

Haven’t figured out the Porsche yet. Definitely a harder vehicle to drive.

You mounting the kerb? That would not happen often back in the era the car is from. Consequences existed in that era. Light weight and springy suspension means don't drive it like a modern car. As for SUV's. Take one to the track. It will fall over at the first corner you attack.

Back