Gran Turismo Sport Closed Beta Coming March 17: First the US, Then EU Region

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 5,235 comments
Actually, I think the game still far from finished so they need this beta to test the game performance and online capabilities to selected players in each region to make sure the game is ready at launch and not to repeat what they did back at Copper Box event. Other reason is to fullfilled their promise for giving us a beta that supposed to be released last year. A simple quote for this conclusion would be :

"BETTER LATE THAN NEVER"

That's it. Thank you and good night everyone! It's been a week full of surprises here in this forum :D 👍 :gtpflag:
Good night.

By the way, this "Daily Workout" thing is pretty cool. I hope there will be more daily challenges.
i13di7FMTASOhG.jpg

hmm...
I find the ~42.000km to "complete the "Driving Marathon" a bit weird.

Imagine racing with an Audi TT, 4 hours a day. You'd probably make ~400km (being generous). To reach 42.000Km you'd need somewhere around ~100 days and 400 hours. That's quite a lot.

Imagennig they want to test the completion of the Marathon as well, of course. That's over 3 months. But maybe there are people willing to race 12h a day and make it in a month. :D

hmm...
I find the ~42.000km to "complete the "Driving Marathon" a bit weird.

Imagine racing with an Audi TT, 4 hours a day. You'd probably make ~400km (being generous). To reach 42.000Km you'd need somewhere around ~100 days and 400 hours. That's quite a lot.
Actually, that's supposed to mean 42km and 195 metres. It's quite an easy task - that's like 10 or 11 laps of Brands Hatch? Piece of cake.

Actually, that's supposed to mean 42km and 195 metres. It's quite an easy task - that's like 10 or 11 laps of Brands Hatch? Piece of cake.

42km doesn't match with "driving marathon" though. That's 10 laps around an average track. Weird numbers I guess.

edit.... well, maybe 10 laps is considered a marathon. I'm getting old. "Resistence" races were marathons. :D

Well,i signed up,pre-order still cancelled,i have to see for myself what they been doing for the past 3 yrs of dev time that they put in it,it be pure luck to try this closed beta then i can finally judge this book not only by it's cover but also see if it's worth getting it when it comes out!!

42km doesn't match with "driving marathon" though. That's 10 laps around an average track. Weird numbers I guess.

edit.... well, maybe 10 laps is considered a marathon. I'm getting old. "Resistence" races were marathons. :D

I suspect if you meet the daily goal consistently the goals will become more 'intense'. What we see in this screenshot is probably a daily goal for a new player. After several weeks or months you will likely see that change to 100km+. I am sure they will do weekly and monthly goals as well that would result in bigger rewards. I quite enjoy the monthly Dirt Rally challenge that doesn't allow restarts and judges you based on your best time across something like 20 stages, with 5 stages becoming available each week in the month. I suspect PD is going down a similar route.

I just got signed up too.

If it's anything like PS firmware updates. I think anyone within reason can have the update.

Would be interesting.

That trailer is just silly. :sly:

The wording implies open beta "soon" after the closed ones. Then shortly after that a release ?

Last edited:
I hope we will see weather and damage in beta. I think these things suppose to be in beta, if it will be in final game.

I don't understand. Why don't they release it to everybody instead of locking it to the US?

(I know it's arriving to the EU in "Phase 2", but I don't understand why their needs to be a Phase.)

Back