Gran Turismo Sport Closed Beta Coming March 17: First the US, Then EU Region

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 5,235 comments
Does anyone know how the Gr.4 cars stack up in terms of performance? Looking at the top times on Brands Hatch it looks like the GT-R is the fastest, or at least the easiest to drive fast.

I can only compare the Genesis to the SLS and the Genesis is faster by at least a few tenths. The SLS rear is much more loose so it's more of a handful to drive. The race I was just in Genesis' were in the top 5 positions.

Just managed my first race seemed very little lag, couple of times the cars in front of me ghosted.

Ended up 4th which I'm actually pretty pleased with as I expected to be dead last. I reckon I could have had 3rd but the other SLS which was in front of me went off a couple of times and every time I tried to pass when he did he came flying back onto the track and I had to back out to avoid an accident.

His looked a lot more twitchy than mine though, corners where I felt planted he seemed to be having to fight it the whole way around.

I also have the SLS and manage 1:38 but not really more. I am using a DS4 though. Dont have a wheel. But I am only with ABS on, every other assists are off.

I'm DS4 as well.

May just be lack of familiarity at the moment. I've mainly been playing AC and Dirt Rally so it may just be paranoia thinking the thing will bite me when it won't.

I haven't attempted anything with the setup on it yet.

I have now 3 GR.3 cars grr.... I wanted a N400 car since that Evora is no joy to drive... or at least another GR4. But nope the game gave me two GR.3 for that stupid oval :(

@bdj57 yeah it's gone sadly... they also turnt down the windnoise again... I loved it!

Last edited:
been along time reader of these forums, never really been any good at online on the GT but thought id jump in to the beta. just raced whereveriroam and evertonmark, not sure if your members on here but some good racing out there. online wasn't as bad as my previous experiences not as much barging out the way (still some).

Thats so frustating... I just had a fight with a Mustang, I had so many oppourtunities to overtake him but I would have may touched him so I breaked always to avoid it, after 2 laps he finally did a mistake and I overtook him, only that he bumps into me in the next corner throwing me out to the dirt and I even get SW downrated.... :grumpy::grumpy::grumpy:

@bdj57 yeah it's gone sadly... they also turnt down the windnoise again... I loved it!

I dunno why they do that, there is nothing wrong with adding chassis noise. I like it btw, feels realistic and that is exactly what we heard inside race cars because they don't have sound insulation. Maybe there is something with performance issue? How could they solve the engine notes volume, but forget to add chassis noise which already there at the earlier stage of beta? I'm so confused right now...:confused:

I dunno why they do that, there is nothing wrong with adding chassis noise. I like it btw, feels realistic and that is exactly what we heard inside race cars because they don't have sound insulation. Maybe there is something with performance issue? How could they solve the engine notes volume, but forget to add chassis noise which already there at the earlier stage of beta? I'm so confused right now...:confused:

Yeah no idea why they did that, or maybe they are still adjusting it. I just posted it into the Beta forums to at least adress it to the Developers.

NOTE : Brands Hatch is gone, Willow appeared for the evening in N300. Noooo and I have only the Evora... :(

Just did 2 more GR4 races and what really annoys me is the lag. The car in front of me was moving all across the road and I could not get past until the last corner (First win, yeah) despite being a good second faster. It is just distracting when the car in front looks like it's going to spin out of every corner just to jump a few meters ahead again. But I've already learned to ignore that and just go for it. But it's hard to concentrate on your own driving with that constantly happen. For 10 minute races, it's not a problem but for endurance... My ping is around 110, much higher than in an other game, but that just seems to be the case here.

Anyway, I like the format of the daily races, had good lobbies so far and no crash kids.

First race done, Got 3rd place behind a Gr4 GTR and Corvette, Standing starts suck with FWD and the guy in the Corvette was jumping all over the track so I had no opportunity to get past :banghead:

I can only compare the Genesis to the SLS and the Genesis is faster by at least a few tenths. The SLS rear is much more loose so it's more of a handful to drive. The race I was just in Genesis' were in the top 5 positions.
What lap times were you getting?

Did anyone noticed that chassis rattle/noise is gone? I can't hear it anymore on race cars. Or they lowered the noise? Nevertheless, now you can hear engine notes more clearly and louder, as well as gear changing sounds. And the whine is not that loud as before.
Is gone after the patch.

Got Disconnected from My 1st N300 Race before It started Hmmm, Had to Close down the Game & Relaunch. Waiting for N300 Again as we speak

I'm waiting for one too, if you're in my lobby you won't see me unless you lap me.

I cannot get a lap to string together on Brands with the SLS. Thought it was the car until someone in here said they managed a 1:37 or something. I can't crack 1:43 and it feels like if I even consider pushing harder the thing just breaks loose.
You may just need to optimise the tuning. The 4C gr 4 is also rather tailhappy so i lowered the LSD, increased the downforce and did various other changes and in the end i managed a 1:37:1x time in comparison to 1:39:xx with the stock setup.

I dont have much knowledge about tuning but its very important for those online races.

Last edited:
Willow has gone and Brands Hatch is back again. Am now stuck with 3 GR.3 cars and which won't get any use as I can't stand ovals. Not liking my Scirocco so was really hoping my daily would be a GR.4...oh well hope I'm lucky tomorrow. On a Pad today I'm slower than the g29 but there is good feedback on both methods. Liking the beta generally.

Yea man they need to bring back those chassis sounds back asap, I liked them a lot hopefully they are just testing things. I liked how the motor and exhaust are louder and how the race cars just pop and crackle. I hope they don't just make race cars sound like that some production cars have great exhaust crackle sounds.

I was really hoping to get an Impreza or Evo today from the daily challenge, I like the Evora but I'd like something with a bit more grip. Also I noticed that when I went into the Dragontrail Seaside race, once I done it Race A had switched from being at Willow Springs to being back at Brands Hatch which I thought was a bit odd.

Thanks, I think my GTR is slower than alfa ;).
I want a GT-R as it looks like it is on rails, the Alfa is really tail happy but like the sound of it.
35.6 with the SLS, 35.3 with the Genesis.

I also didn't realise they kept the GT-R 4WD. It can gain 2-3 positions just off the grid ha.
I really want the 4WD cars, would make driving a lot easier for me using DS4 and less likely to get in trouble in races if you keep track position at start or improve on it. The Evo looks like it is so much quicker than the Genesis at Dragon Trail, I feel so traction limited at the moment.

I want a GT-R as it looks like it is on rails, the Alfa is really tail happy but like the sound of it.

I really want the 4WD cars, would make driving a lot easier for me using DS4 and less likely to get in trouble in races if you keep track position at start or improve on it. The Evo looks like it is so much quicker than the Genesis at Dragon Trail, I feel so traction limited at the moment.

The Megane is well over a second off the pace of the 4WD cars in N300 but on the straight it's 5mph+ up on the Evo. It made for some interesting mid pack racing ha.

Yeah no idea why they did that, or maybe they are still adjusting it. I just posted it into the Beta forums to at least adress it to the Developers.

NOTE : Brands Hatch is gone, Willow appeared for the evening in N300. Noooo and I have only the Evora... :(

Nice. I hope they listen to your post 👍

Is gone after the patch.

Yes I already knew that, and already explained by @DonZonda. Anyway thanks for your response. I appreciate it 👍

Back