Gran Turismo Sport Closed Beta Coming March 17: First the US, Then EU Region

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 5,235 comments
I would think @marvthegamer is an excellent and reliable source regarding playing GTS with the DS4 and in consideration to his background in gaming (in particular being a casual racing gamer). He's gone from being a casual to having Forest Gump-like skills after practicing daily for about four weeks. If you can, Marvin, your input would be appreciated.

Love,
A-J
I'm just grinding daily marathon with DS4, pita for me, last active use of controller was on PS1 with Colin McRae Rally, postal service failed on my GIMX packet jams on delivery due Easter.. Argh, and best was game jam after daily 42km left me without reward car today.. Uff. Not even planning to join online races before I get my wheel connected :)

Yea man they need to bring back those chassis sounds back asap, I liked them a lot hopefully they are just testing things. I liked how the motor and exhaust are louder and how the race cars just pop and crackle. I hope they don't just make race cars sound like that some production cars have great exhaust crackle sounds.

They might be testing things for now, but hopefully they get it right. There is room for improvement as the beta still progress anyway.

How hard can it be for PD to implement some logic though for example if your car is hit and then you go off track within say 2 seconds the last car to touch you is penalized. In theory it would be a much better system. Or better yet if a car takes a certain amount of damage during the race distance say 20% you are disqualified for unsportsmanlike conduct.

I think I caused a major Pile up on the Dragontail track, the car in front was all over the place so I thought I would take the outside line in the double chicane on the ramps to speed through in 4th gear but clipped the barrier hard, spun and couldn't get out of the way for the other 10 cars coming at me (apologies) I was in the WRX Sti (The races I had were good fun coming in 5th in Brands Hatch avoiding all the other cars) I don't think I have good Ratings at the moment :lol:

Any one from GTP in the list? Not bad with just a default setup VW Scirocco ;)
And yes this was my only win this afternoon. So both feet back on the ground. Other races ranked 3-4-5.
Still struggling with the lagging of other cars and that distracts a lot. Will be - hopefully- solved soonish?

So far not much collisions and pretty decent clean driving. Sometimes I get a little bump in the back but may be that's because I take that corner too cautious :dopey: one guy (or was it a girl? Norway Flappy or something like that) kicked me sideways and I had too fight back from 10 to 4 :scared:

Great to see so many different flags on the track

Gran Turismo™Sport Besloten bèta - testversie_20170416141401.jpg

I think I know what cause everyone here get punted, spun even crashed in online races :

Just kidding :lol:, this might not the exact reason, but it could be... :scared: (It is not a bad thing tbh, but it is going horribly wrong if you let your kids play and participate in online races, they just didn't know what to do lol)

For the love of God please tell me this won't be the final net code? Feels like gt5/6 all wobbly twitchy. Cars look more shiny an the handling feels good but even everything else looks an feels very dated.

Had my first ever race in the beta on Dragontail, and won 30 seconds ahead of 2nd place. :D
Didn't experience any lag during the race, though I can't say for sure.

@syntex123 What happend? you were behind me I was the SLS and suddenly you were gone :crazy:
You were? Haha. Uhm. Not sure. I had some struggles with a german dude in a Scirocco but he learned from his mistakes and apologized. Last few races I had a few mistakes(overshooting my braking points), that and some rude people ramming. :P

You were? Haha. Uhm. Not sure. I had some struggles with a german dude in a Scirocco but he learned from his mistakes and apologized. Last few races I had a few mistakes(overshooting my braking points), that and some rude people ramming. :P

Haha yeah even pretty close ! and then I watched back again and you were gone! I think taken out by a megan who also hit me before :D

Looks like there are some sound updates in v1.04. The Scirocco has more pops every time you downshift / upshift. The popping noise itself seems to have changed.

pre 1.04 update

post 1.04 update

They did a great job with the sound update the cars crack and pop a lot more, you can even hear it from the interior view now. What they killed me on is taking away the chassis noise it sounded great before.

Right there the lag lads lmao

I almost hit nascarfan after his second crash on the last turn :drool:

Darn, my bad about that guys, I originally thought it was a server thing, but I guess it was my connection. I left as soon as I started seeing lag on my screen, but I guess it was too late.

But still, in other races when there was no lag, a lot of drivers were not being so clean.

Like this:

Driver overdrove the corner and hit the wall and when I went to pass he put me into the fence. Then I gave him what he deserved. This was in a C and D class mixed lobby.

Last edited:
Looks like there are some sound updates in v1.04. The Scirocco has more pops every time you downshift / upshift. The popping noise itself seems to have changed.

pre 1.04 update

post 1.04 update

I noticed a similar thing with Toyota FT-1 VGT and the McLaren 650S GT3.

Darn, my bad about that guys, I originally thought it was a server thing, but I guess it was my connection. I left as soon as I started seeing lag on my screen, but I guess it was too late.

But still, in other races when there was no lag, a lot of drivers were not being so clean.

Like this:

Driver overdrove the corner and hit the wall and when I went to pass he put me into the fence. Then I gave him what he deserved. This was in a C and D class mixed lobby.

Stay classy...

Back