Gran Turismo Sport Coming to PS4 in Fall 2017

Hopefully we'll here more about liveries. Haven't kept up with the game, so I don't know if there's been any recent mentions about the livery editor.

I believe it wont be too far off from the beta which we are testing now.

Yeah, no thanks if that's the case, I'll pass thank you very much.

another trailer

This gives off very different vibes than the early trailers/announcements about how the game is for everyone ages 7-77... It sends a very mixed message to the old school fans of the genre like me who enjoyed the casual car collecting/racing, that this game is not for them.

Photo courtesy of @AJHG1000. What track is this?
upload_2017-6-12_17-57-5-png.653560
Redbull Ring? Fuji?

Ok ok, I saw the new trailer being revealed live so...
Fall 2017. Or Spring for everyone in Australia, which means that an August release is off the cards. This is really risky window to release GT Sport in because of Project Cars 2 and Forza Motorsport 7... I'm slightly worried that the game will be over shadowed if the timing is poor:scared:
Anyway, the trailer showed us a lot of new stuff which is more than welcome for the game. Suzuka. Bathurst. YES YES YES, I love these tracks, it would've been suicide if they weren't included.
A Group 3 Beetle? Wow wee, I would never have expected that car to pop up in the trailer. Such a weird but awesome creation. The RC-Z Group 3, the Mazda 6 Group 3, the Dodge Viper GTS-R Group 3, the Huracan GT3 and the NSX Group 3 are all fantastic additions to the game. Surely this GT will be the best ever. Maybe not the best sim but it will still be great fun.

This gives off very different vibes than the early trailers/announcements about how the game is for everyone ages 7-77... It sends a very mixed message to the old school fans of the genre like me who enjoyed the casual car collecting/racing, that this game is not for them.

You mean you didn't see that from all the info coming out over the past few months?

To be honest, the old car-PG aspect of sim racing is probably gone forever, and good riddance. I'd much rather have a more focused single player campaign ala DiRT or PCARS then this sort of car-PG esqe crap. But that's just me.

You mean you didn't see that from all the info coming out over the past few months?

To be honest, the old car-PG aspect of sim racing is probably gone forever, and good riddance. I'd much rather have a more focused single player campaign ala DiRT or PCARS then this sort of car-PG esqe crap. But that's just me.
It's not a one or the other proposition. With 200 staff and a massive budget, designing an immersive career, if they chose to do so, would be a relatively minor task and wouldn't impact any other part of the game significantly.

It's not a one or the other proposition. With 200 staff and a massive budget, designing an immersive career, if they chose to do so, would be a relatively minor task and wouldn't impact any other part of the game significantly.

Considering they seem to be going balls deep with the e-sports aspect, chances are with how PD operates, it is a one or the other proposition.

No, it's the whole "We don't want a game, we want Sport" tagline that just rubs me the wrong way. It's a game. Always will be.

See above post. For what it's worth, I believe that sim racing can be an effective and exciting e-sport. But the singular focus on it is turning me off as well.

Ok ok, I saw the new trailer being revealed live so...
Fall 2017. Or Spring for everyone in Australia, which means that an August release is off the cards. This is really risky window to release GT Sport in because of Project Cars 2 and Forza Motorsport 7... I'm slightly worried that the game will be over shadowed if the timing is poor:scared:
Anyway, the trailer showed us a lot of new stuff which is more than welcome for the game. Suzuka. Bathurst. YES YES YES, I love these tracks, it would've been suicide if they weren't included.
A Group 3 Beetle? Wow wee, I would never have expected that car to pop up in the trailer. Such a weird but awesome creation. The RC-Z Group 3, the Mazda 6 Group 3, the Dodge Viper GTS-R Group 3, the Huracan GT3 and the NSX Group 3 are all fantastic additions to the game. Surely this GT will be the best ever. Maybe not the best sim but it will still be great fun.
What part of the trailer did you see Suzuka?

It really shouldn't be that difficult but oh no, they decided to go with an eSports focused game.
What part of the trailer did you see Suzuka?
At 2:34. The Ferris wheel and the chicane is dead give away.

Did anyone notice that the only Porsche we saw was the GT3RS? Not one other P car and most concerning were that there were no racing P cars. Should we be worried?

Maggiose? It pops up near the end of the trailer as well, long downhill straight at 2:45.

Awesome trailer, looks great, cannot wait for the release!

I want this to be made clear: I want GT Sport to succeed. I want Polyphony Digital to succeed as well.

The problem is, they operate with the mentality that it's still just them in the console sim market. It isn't, at least not anymore. There's a whole lot of challengers to the crown, and PD's been bopped of it for a while now.

I believe that with how natural of a fit it is, sim racing can be the next big thing in E-Sports, probably rival the FGC for popularity. But as @-Fred- points out, is it really beneficial to chase the e-sports money while basically flipping the bird to older players that want a decently sized single player? I mean, most public racing lobbies in sims are gong shows to begin with. You can put as many penalties and rules as you want, but there's always going to be that windbag that griefs.

Maybe this is just me rambling. Maybe this is me finally realizing that Gran Turismo has left me in the dust, and I've come to accept it.

It looks soooo freaking good.... *drooling* Gotta say my jaw dropped. I want this game NOW! Tokyo isn't sterile anymore.. the fog looks amazing.. the trackside full of life.. Gymkhana? GoPro Drones as replay camera? Finally a tourist version of Nordschleife? Amazing. I loved every bit of that trailer. Can't wait. Hope we get some new and fresh information too!

People need to understand that the footage in that trailer was NOT game-play! Just like with the trailers from GT5 and GT6 that fooled people. Number one is that the footage in the trailer is "native" 4K and we already know that GT Sport does not run in Native 4K. I have seen enough game-play form the Beta to know that the footage in this trailer is "in-engine" but no where near what the game is going to look like. The trailer was also locked to 60fps! The game itself isn't even a "locked" 60fps. People should just understand that the actual game will not look quite as good as that trailer. Polyphony are well know for doing this for pretty much every game in the series. It's just that now that actual game is almost as good as their "sizzle reel" trailers and it fools people.

I just seen the new trailer and I loved it. Can't wait for "Fall 2017" or whenever PD decides to release GT Sport. :lol:

Also, does anyone know what this car is around 1:53 in the trailer? I believe it's either a Dodge Dart or a Peugeot 208 GTi (which has already been confirmed for the game).
gt sport new car.PNG

Back