Gran Turismo Sport Confirmed as PlayStation 5 Compatible Title

I would have been shocked if a major 1st party title that was supported to just before the PS5 came out somehow ended up with the tiny fraction of PS4 games that won't work on PS5.

Last edited:
Like gt3 i would expect gt7 to come a year after the launch of the console with sport getting updates to build hype for gt7(hopefully).

For example, PD could add some new content to GTS (for PS4 and PS5 players and FIA competitions) and launch GT7 with "old tracks" and more cars not allowed on Sport Mode and FIA for the first months, so GTS and GT7 could play and compete together for those months and GT7 players can enjoy the new content, other exclusive online competitions, etc. until (eventually) the exclusivity of GT7 for FIA competitions if it occurs one day...

I think there are many posibilities that can make PS4 and PS5 costumers happy and keep selling GTS, and an eventually early GT7.

IMO there is no need to wait nor delay GT7 (other than waiting for a bigger PS5 supply in order to sell more PS5 consoles thanks to a "console-seller-game" like GT7 ).

I have enjoyed GT5 Prologue as much as other GT (because of the new resolution, 16/9 format, the interior view, that Ferrari 430, etc ), and GT Sport even from the beta. I'm ok with new content after months too instead of a "finished game with finished content", the content addition is an exciting thing in my opinion.

Last edited:
Will PS5 GTS players be able to race online with PS4 GTS players? Or will it split the online player base?
If some are guessing it's the same game just on a different system, maybe it doesn't split the players.

I don't know how it works with someone playing a Forza game on XB1 and the same game on XBS.

I just hope it doesn’t split us up, we’re already a small enough, matchmaking will be even worse if they split the group in half.
The servers are still the same so I don't see why there would be a split.

Can't see why there would be any issues.
It's the same game using the same servers.

Also, there are literally 'online only' games (eg. FFXIV) that will be available on both consoles.
So cross-gen online gaming is definitely a thing.

I really can't see GTS and GT7 players competing in the same Sport Mode races together though.

Will PS5 GTS players be able to race online with PS4 GTS players? Or will it split the online player base?

This is the main question for me too. I want it to work flawlessly so I can sell my PS4 Pro as soon as possible because I will buy PS5 on day one

This is the main question for me too. I want it to work flawlessly so I can sell my PS4 Pro as soon as possible because I will buy PS5 on day one

Personally I would wait until the game has more details available. Given this is PD I would be very surprised if they think about allowing GT Sport/GT 7 players to race together, it really depends if PD understand the Cross Play technology enough as technically Cross Play and Cross Saving are two different categories.

There is even no mention about PS5 Boost upgrade for GT Sport. Weird news to be honest. Because with Sony uploading list of 10 games that won't work on PS5 it is certain that GT Sport will work. I think nobody thought it won't work.

But how GT Sport take benefit with PS5 capabilities if already the game run in 60FPS/HDR maybe full 4K and no more?

The sad part is, apparently GT7 looks far for release

IF PDI is willing to put some effort to it, GTS could easily benefit from PS5 by ray tracing, 60+fps, 4k textures, full psvr support. The game itself is still a solid online esport platform and thus doesnt really need much of a content update to carry over to next gen. I for one would be happy with current GTS with PS5 benefits. They can come up with the more offline content GT7 at later time.

Only drawback on GTS PS5 upgrade with crossplay would be the fact GTS couldnt benefit from ps5 cpu on physics..

Last edited:
Thanks for confirming GT7 wont be a launch title. Honestly I am kind of please its not. I would have been pissed if it was a launch title yet I could not play it because I was not one of lucky few who will get one on launch.

That’s good guess the online services aren’t going away any time soon. I’m not getting PS5 anytime soon. Wish there was a proper offline mode though where we could save progression etc

If they kill GT Sport too soon, they're basically forcing players to not only buy GT7, but a PS5 as well. A bitter pill for many as not everyone lines up on launch day. Or week or year. I think every console I've bought has been at least a year after release.

Second most important then is that GTSport offline save is supported on the PS5 console! Because GTS servers will be shutdown eventually.

Last edited:
The only advantage i would expect for ps5 players is haptic feedback with the dualsense,gts was one of the games sony used as a example about the haptic pictures months ago.

Im sort of out of the loop on this but can we deduce that all current wheels used now in GTS will be supported by the PS5?

If you can plug a wheel into a PlayStation 4 and drive, it'll work on PlayStation 5.

Same on Xbox across generations.
The Thrustmaster t500 is still a bit of an unknown due to it's unofficially supported on PS4 status. My feeling is that it may not work on PS5 but I hope I'm wrong.

That's going to be interesting
To play this game on PS5, your system may need to be updated to the latest system software. Although this game is playable on PS5, some features available on PS4 may be absent. See PlayStation.com/bc for more details.

PS4 games playable on PS5 consoles

The overwhelming majority of the 4,000+ PS4 games are playable on PS5 consoles.

• Select PS4 games will benefit from the PS5 console’s Game Boost, which may make PS4 games run with a higher or smoother frame rate.

• Although many PS4 games are playable on PS5 consoles, some functionalities that were available on the PS4 console may not be available on PS5 consoles. In addition, some PS4 games may exhibit errors or unexpected behavior when played on PS5 consoles.

• Before purchasing add-ons to play with your PS4 games on PS5 consoles, please try to boot and play your PS4 games on you PS5 console to see if you are happy with the play experience.

• Please note, playing PS VR games on a PS5 console requires a PlayStation VR headset, a PS camera (sold separately from PS5 console) and a PS camera adaptor (no purchase required).

• Always update your PS5 console to the latest version of the system software.
I've been wondering about the real money car purchases. I'd also think about the Lewis Halmiton DLC. Once booted up, will players have to start from scratch? Doesn't bother me, as I continually restart my game. Regardless of the servers being the same for PS4 and PS5 players. This might not fly with the majority of players.

I mean, if the server reads the PS5, things like the Daily Workout Gift and how prize cars are allotted(from Circuit Experience to Mission Challenges and Driving School), might change once booting up to the new system. I think @Famine made mention of the servers reading each player's console/IP.

Anyone has tried GT Sport on the PS5 already? Are there any interesting benefits besides, hopefully, faster framerates at 4k?

In my case, I still have my OG PS4 and sometimes it stutters at 1080p,

Last edited:
Dibs on the GR Yaris update also bundling PS5-specific optimizations? Remember, the timing off the update is that close.

Last edited:
Anyone has tried GT Sport on the PS5 already? Are there any interesting benefits besides, hopefully, faster framerates at 4k?

In my case, I still have my OG PS4 and sometimes it stutters at 1080p,
Yep, tested GTS on the PS5.
It's taken an age, but all set up now.

Here's a brief report:
Both disc and digital versions all clear regarding the PS5.
Loading my save file from the server works fine. And the save is exactly as it should be.
The (amazing) new controller works, but adds nothing to GTS. If anything it may have a weird bias to only vibrate on the left side (buggy?). And no haptic feedback.
I don't use a controller so there's not much more I can say regarding any differences.

Everything in-game functions is as if on the PS4.
The PS4 Pro 'quality' or 'performance' option in the GTS menus is obviously not available.
The console itself has similar options in the general settings, but nothing specific to GTS that I found either on the console or in-game GTS.
I'm not the right person to make calls regarding graphics or frame rate improvements, so I'll leave that up to others.
I've simply set the console to 'performance'.

As for game play, everything works as it does on the PS4.
All DLC is fine, including Lewis Hamilton.
Can enter Sport Mode races and TT's.
Can create and/or join public lobbies.
All friends and regional/global ranking boards load as they should.

Got all my equipment to work.
'4k', HDR, sound bar, headphones with optical out (via TV), snowball mic., etc.
That also includes using my non-official steering wheel and pedals via a Drivehub.

So, all in all I've found no issues. 👍

Back