Gran Turismo Sport Could (Finally) Get More Wet Weather Tracks

I can't even remember how different the grip levels were for those mission challenges in the wet. Will the wet tracks simulate realistic racing?

Correction: the wet tracks are at Northern Isle Speedway. Not Blue Moon Bay.

1AM me: "Don't write Blue Moon Bay, don't write Blue Moon Bay..."
2AM me:

giphy.gif

(Thank you!)

Although this is a nice extra addition I would prefer effort was expended with urgency on dealing with driver's whom are deliberately punting others off. I might have a pretty thick skin and can deal with it, but it's clear a lot are being put off lobby racing on account of this. I've played enough to think that the solution has to be to introduce 'engine stall' which is 'g' related. So should you hit the car in front harder enough you're engine stalls and you have to churn your starter motor with the X button for a time that is related to the force with which you hit the car in front. The machine at present recognises if an AI hits you and you don't lose your clean race bonus and it will also permits you light racing incident light touches, so I can't see engine stall being that hard to introduce, you get rid of the bashers at a stroke. It starts to make things more realistic with the potential of collision putting the fear of god into people, and get rid of that ghost thing too, some just drive straight through you because there's nothing to prevent you doing so.

Although this is a nice extra addition I would prefer effort was expended with urgency on dealing with driver's whom are deliberately punting others off. I might have a pretty thick skin and can deal with it, but it's clear a lot are being put off lobby racing on account of this. I've played enough to think that the solution has to be to introduce 'engine stall' which is 'g' related. So should you hit the car in front harder enough you're engine stalls and you have to churn your starter motor with the X button for a time that is related to the force with which you hit the car in front. The machine at present recognises if an AI hits you and you don't lose your clean race bonus and it will also permits you light racing incident light touches, so I can't see engine stall being that hard to introduce, you get rid of the bashers at a stroke. It starts to make things more realistic with the potential of collision putting the fear of god into people, and get rid of that ghost thing too, some just drive straight through you because there's nothing to prevent you doing so.

The track modelers and engine optimizers aren't the same people working on sport mode algorithms. Theres no reason for the rest of the game to be held up to improve a single aspect of the game.

People need stop thinking its dynamic we are getting static.

Nothing wrong with that itself.

If Gt Sport can handle static weather that is fine by me to be honest.

Dynamic weather is easy, like in GT6 among 0% and 100% rain ... using the cloudy sky or another exclusive cloudy sky that doesn't need to change.

Rain is a layer that can be dynamic and the sky can be maintained static. We only would miss the sun after the rain, that's all.

The hard thing is changing among skies because they are very heavy HDR maps and they contribute for lightning cars and tracks,
but dynamic rain is very easy.

Last edited:
If this is true, then it's awesome news! However as we know the weather couldn't be dynamic due to the lighting engine on the circuit model. What interests me is that the circuit is labelled as "Rain Conditions", meaning I don't think it will be a time of day setting, but a seperate layout for the conditions (like how Special Stage Route 5 and Tsukuba had rain 'layouts' back on GT3 & 4 respectively).

If that is the case, then they might've changed up the lighting engine specifically for 'rain condition' track models to allow the rain to be semi-dynamic, where the clouds and light levels don't change but the rain levels and surface water do, giving a purpose to the Intermediate compound.

Now that is a MASSIVE stretch I know, but it's just me getting a bit hyped and speculative as I usually do with updates. Even if it's extremely basic, I'd just be happy to see rain finally return! :D

Last edited:
People need stop thinking its dynamic we are getting static.

Nothing wrong with that itself.

If Gt Sport can handle static weather that is fine by me to be honest.

Indeed, it's a step in the right direction, although I would hope that one day [soon] we could actually see dynamic time and weather for the longer endurance races, but that might have to wait for the next-gen consoles.

If this is true, then it's awesome news! However as we know the weather couldn't be dynamic due to the lighting engine on the circuit model. What interests me is that the circuit is labelled as "Rain Conditions", meaning I don't think it will be a time of day setting, but a seperate layout for the conditions (like how Special Stage Route 5 and Tsukuba had rain 'layouts' back on GT3 & 4 respectively).

If that is the case, then they might've changed up the lighting engine specifically to allow the rain to be semi-dynamic, where the clouds and light levels don't change but the rain levels and surface water do, giving a purpose to the Intermediate compound.

Now that is a MASSIVE stretch I know, but it's just me getting a bit hyped and speculative as I usually do with updates. Even if it's extremely basic, I'd just be happy to see rain finally return! :D

That's very likely to be done :cheers: Not so difficult as people think as I explained before, by the way I work in the 3D industry, I know a "little" about these things... That doesn't mean that it's going to be done this way, but dynamic rain it's the smaller problem in this addition :)

This will shake the weekly races up a bit then & bring much needed diversity to the mix.

Will Suzuka & Fuji be wet or dry? :lol:
Nah, but Tokyo Central will. :dopey:

That's very likely to be done :cheers: Not so difficult as people think as I explained before, by the way I work in the 3D industry, I know a "little" about these things... That doesn't mean that it's going to be done this way, but dynamic rain it's the smaller problem in this addition :)
Plus I think one of the main reasons that people like rain in motorsport is because it mixes up the strategy, so Polyphony probably knowing that might've pushed the boat out (pun not intended) a bit regarding a semi-dynamic concept.

I can't wait for the weekend now if these rumours are true. No doubt even if the weather is semi-dynamic that the Repachage Races will probably have fixed rain level settings for the sake of it being a competition, but still... :D

The easy addition of the dynamic rain is also justified because dynamic tyre grip is already done in GTS with tyre wear, so no problem neither in this "dynamic" way.

The track modelers and engine optimizers aren't the same people working on sport mode algorithms. Theres no reason for the rest of the game to be held up to improve a single aspect of the game.
I honestly don't know how the game is worked on, but the number of people that I know in game with wonderful liveries simply aren't making appearances in the lobby with their great cars, that's why cleaning up race standards to me is the most pressing issue, get rid of 'place car back on track' which disrupts your mojo no end, get rid of the ghost thing, and let's have the unscrupulous sitting there trying to restart their engines, with of course minor touches that don't knock others off having no such penalty.

Back