• Thread starter Junkman55
  • 597 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

Junkman55

(Banned)
United States
United States
It has been a tease driving in GTS as a online Simulator driver, when there is No wheel and pedal race available . Don’t get me wrong DS4 Drivers are good competition. They are not driving a simulator they are Gamers , on a DS4 controller.

A Simulator driver is using hands ,legs, feet and fingers to compete were the Gamer is only using their fingers in the same competition race.

I understand to fill a online race in the 3 daily’s you might need both Gamers and Simulator Drivers to make a field of 12 or more for a line up. What I would like to see is one race from PD where the people who spent thousands to drive their race.

Maybe with the delay of GT7 it is GTS time for PD to experiment to make “The Real Driving Simulator” it advertised in their title for the Simulator Driver to have their race.

Last edited:
I feel the same way about Pacman. While other use a joystick. I prefer to use my mouth, like Pacman would, because he has no hands. Using hands totally diminishes the realism. I wouldn't call it cheating but deep down I know I'm a much better Pacman.

You must be awesome. I find players on any controller challenging.

Frederic Sausset would like a word with you.

Anyways, if you’re playing a game you are a gamer, no overpriced peripheral will change that. If anything it makes you more of a gamer than those lame controller users as you are far more invested than them.

Wheel elitism from a D-ranked driver...

tenor.gif

Junkman sorta has a point, driving with PD's help on a DS4 is not at like driving with a wheel. Anyone who thinks there is no help that the game gives a DS4 only needs to try the Dodge Tomahawk Vision car with both input methods.

Whenever I rag on wheel elitism, I'm just doing it for giggles and it's kinda expected of me at this point. Not denying any smoothing out on DS4 is going on in the interests of a more level playing field.

Why do you differentiate wheel players and pad players. We all are on the same level. It's like saying a disabled real driver can't be considered as a real driver because they can't control their cars in the same way... It’s silly but It’s basically what you said.

There are absolutely NO reasons that PD should give more importance to wheel players over pad players. You seem to want a race only reserved for peolple who play with a wheel, but why? If someone is fast, no matter what he uses, he should be able to play with anyone. And no, playing with a wheel doesen't makes you a "Simulator driver". We still all play a game.

Also, "Simulator" can mean a lot of things. Yes they put this slogan on every GT, but it's just advertisment. Every games tries to say they are the best on their domain. If it's true or not, that's another story...

Why do you differentiate wheel players and pad players. We all are on the same level. It's like saying a disabled real driver can't be considered as a real driver because they can't control their cars in the same way... It’s silly but It’s basically what you said.

There are absolutely NO reasons that PD should give more importance to wheel players over pad players. You seem to want a race only reserved for peolple who play with a wheel, but why? If someone is fast, no matter what he uses, he should be able to play with anyone. And no, playing with a wheel doesen't makes you a "Simulator driver". We still all play a game.

Also, "Simulator" can mean a lot of things. Yes they put this slogan on every GT, but it's just advertisment. Every games tries to say they are the best on their domain. If it's true or not, that's another story...
A pad player has beaten him and instead of looking at himself on where to improve he'll resort to pad players are cheaters

A pad player has beaten him and instead of looking at himself on where to improve he'll resort to pad players are cheaters
Has to be the case. Otherwise why am I not in top split, huh?

Sometimes I'm racing with my expensive gear and it's going well, but then I get close to another car and my pace just disappears. When I ask those people in chat afterwards they all say they use DS4s so I think the game has a secret feature that slows wheel users down when they get close to pad users. If they didn't then pad users would get mad and not buy the game.

It has been a tease driving in GTS as a online Simulator driver, when there is No wheel and pedal race available . Don’t get me wrong DS4 Drivers are good competition. They are not driving a simulator they are Gamers , on a DS4 controller.

A Simulator driver is using hands ,legs, feet and fingers to compete were the Gamer is only using their fingers in the same competition race.

I understand to fill a online race in the 3 daily’s you might need both Gamers and Simulator Drivers to make a field of 12 or more for a line up. What I would like to see is one race from PD where the people who spent thousands to drive their race.

Maybe with the delay of GT7 it is GTS time for PD to experiment to make “The Real Driving Simulator” it advertised in their title for the Simulator Driver to have their race.

Dude, get over yourself. No one cares how much you spent on your rig, it’s a game, and people are gonna play it on whatever device they want to. Get over it. :lol:

Last edited:
I feel the same way about Pacman. While other use a joystick. I prefer to use my mouth, like Pacman would, because he has no hands. Using hands totally diminishes the realism. I wouldn't call it cheating but deep down I know I'm a much better Pacman.
I lost all my teeth doing this but it's absolutely worth it just for the realisms.

The Virgin Gamer vs the Chad Sim-Racer
Unfortunately, both don't use their heads.

So that they can get embarrassed the moment they enter a public lobby? Count me in. Can't be getting clapped to DS4/Entry-Level Wheels after shelling out a few grand.

Anyway. Thank you, Junkman. Very cool.

Last edited:
Last edited:
PJ Desk.png

My rig costs about £2500+ if one were to buy everything new, but even so I still occasionally bring out the pad. I'm just as quick in DiRT Rally 2.0 and the pad is just as fun :)

It's normally not a good idea to keep gates indoors anyways :D

You must be awesome. I find players on any controller challenging.
Did you know the original name for Pac-Man was Puck Man. Not because he looks like a hockey puck. But its Paku Paku. Means flap your mouth. But they thought people would scratch out the "p" and turn it into an "f" like "**** Man."

Last edited:
What I would like to see is one race from PD where the people who spent thousands to drive their race.
Wheels have a pretty big advantage at the moment anyway. Anybody who has spent thousands on a sim setup really should be having their own private battle in the elite club at the front.

Edit: I do like the suggestion though, for FIA at least splitting the input devices into separate races would give the controller users the opportunity to score points.

Last edited:
Wheels have a pretty big advantage at the moment anyway. Anybody who has spent thousands on a sim setup really should be having their own private battle in the elite club at the front.

Edit: I do like the suggestion though, for FIA at least splitting the input devices into separate races would give the controller users the opportunity to score points.

i thought the only reason you use a DS4 is because it's really difficult to use pedals wearing socks and sandals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back