Gran Turismo Sport delayed to 2017

• Thread starter Pophead
  • 1,859 comments
Gran Turismo built sales based on playable demos and good reviews.

Each subsequent game has built on the good feelings of the predecessor.

GT5 broke the link. Crappy GT mode compulsory grinding and levelling,

They created a game ABOUT levelling.

They added online seasonals with a great deal more experience and money than GT mode and then wondered why nobody was playing GT-mode. Classic self fulfilling prophecy.

By GT6 the only players left where the online racers and those of us that thought GT6 would be like GT2 or GT4. I, and I feel most of those will not go near GTS with a barge pole. Once bitten and all that.

That leaves the online racers. All 20% of you. Good job you appear to be getting the game you want, it's a shame there aren't enough of you to generate the sales numbers Sony or PD expect.

Gamers don't generally buy games on the spur of the moment. They cost a significant amount of money these days, it doesn't take long to check online for reviews and feedback on a title you are interested in.

We may be looking at the last GT game ever. Naturally I may be completely wrong. I hope I am. I just don't think I am.

I don't think that you are wrong either. I remember a few years back I said that GT6 is the beginning of the end for the series as a whole, and so far it looks to be that way.

TBH with you as well, I hope that you are not wrong. I know it sounds bad, but I want GT sport to flop hard. Yamauchi needs a swift kick up the behind if he wants GT to continue to succeed the way it used to, but I just cant see that happening.

God I hope this is going to be good. Pre ordered collectors edition and am kinda worried when you look at what we have today assetto corsa. Project cars, forza horizon 3, the crew. F1 2016 etc etc. I play on console though and still play gran turismo 6.

So hope it's worth the collectors price tag :/ . Also wouldn't mind a full blown gt7 !!!

Forza Motorsport is turning into near copy of what GT used to be.

That and SO much more. Turn 10 and Forza have taken a giant proverbial Cleveland steamer on PD and GT, and rightfully so. They listened to their fans, added what they wanted (except Fujimi Kaido - c'mon T10 bring it back), moved the series forwards with progress and innovation, while PD moved GT forward with lunacy, idiocy, and downright head scratching stupidity.

A epic games takes time to get right.... PD can take till mid 2017 as far I am concerned. They have shown an amazing game so far and as long as bugs are ironed out before launch then it's understandable

A epic games takes time to get right.... PD can take till mid 2017 as far I am concerned. They have shown an amazing game so far and as long as bugs are ironed out before launch then it's understandable
Previous Gran Turismo games indicate you may not be right about it being right, finished and bug free....

As for amazing, you appear to be looking at a different game to me.

So Clearly your not gonna buy GTS because it's gonna be a terrible game.... and according to you so we're the previous ones.. no worries mate, forget about the whole thing and this is GT PLANET forum as this is primarly gran turismo focused place. So what are you doing here if the previous games were so bad ?? Lol
And this new one is gonna be bad aswell???

Carbastard and I haven't heard a more worthless response in a long time too :)

Last edited:
So Clearly your not gonna buy GTS because it's gonna be a terrible game.... and according to you so we're the previous ones.. no worries mate, forget about the whole thing and this is GT PLANET forum as this is primarly gran turismo focused place. So what are you doing here if the previous games were so bad ?? Lol

Car bastard I haven't heard amore worthless response in a long time too
Nowhere in that post do I say the previous games are terrible. THEY PROVIDE EVIDENCE that GTS is likely not to be finished, bug free or complete - although I have seen nothing to think this game is for me. What is it that makes you want to buy it?

Additionally whether I intend to buy a game or not I reserve the right to reply to any post I want to. It's a PUBLIC FORUM.

Check the news section. I think you will find this site covers a great deal more that just Gran Turismo.

And this new one is gonna be bad aswell???

Carbastard and I haven't heard a more worthless response in a long time too :)

- People are entitled to their own opinions.

- Just because it's called 'GTPlanet', it doesn't mean you have to love GT. Some people are here for other means.

Okay.... in the GT SPORT section commenting on GT sport but here for something else Lool.
I'm now confused lol.
I don't think anyone can help me on this one :).

I'm just saying what game out there on console matches up to GT SPORT ??

There is not a racing game in the world that comes close to the breathtaking visuals and detail that GT SPORT has so far demonstrated.

PS4 a suffiecntly powerful system that runs 1080p 60fps will be better looking then any PC game.

Last edited:
Okay.... in the GT SPORT section commenting on GT sport but here for something else Lool.
I'm now confused lol.
I don't think anyone can help me on this one :)
Are you saying that using the experience of previous GT games to support a suggestion about GTS is not okay?

I asked you a question in my previous post. What is it about GTS that makes you want to buy it? What do you expect from it? What is your normal play style? I take it online is everything to you? 👍

I love racing....

ESPORTS is on the rise. ESPORTS is vital to the success of the franchise.
If PCARS or assetto corsa become main esports titles, then GT can kiss being number 1 goodbye.
Gotta stay ahead of the pack... PCARS got it rolling with esports races every week and GT SPORT is gonna take it to another level and establish itself as a main player in ESPORTS racing genre.

I do AI, TT, and online leagues.
I understand 16 AI cars are never really gonna equal 16 human being. For every mood there is a way to get a car around the track

Okay. 👍 I hope it's a great game for you then. :cheers:

I don't race online so I don't think it's for me. I hope PD prove me wrong. I just don't think they will.

The idea of not having AI to race against is ridiculous.... in all the YouTube videos there is AI racing. So eveyone can have there cake.
Getting AI to behave right is not easy.
What games do you play currently

Assetto Corsa.

The AI is very good. It is faster than me - that's for sure! It's not perfect by any means, but it means if I finish mid pack rather than winning all the time I feel like I've earned any position I finish in.

I've seen nothing in a GTS video to suggest anything other than mobile chicanes with one leader that learns to drive fast once you've passed him. What I've seen so far is AI that would be okay in an arcade mode but is not suitable for racing against.

AI is important for it to be really fast on hard level and demonstrate come some competitive nature with the ability to learn the players habits over time.

There is not a racing game in the world that comes close to the breathtaking visuals and detail that GT SPORT has so far demonstrated.

PS4 a suffiecntly powerful system that runs 1080p 60fps will be better looking then any PC game.

Because graphics are not everything.

I'm now confused lol.

Because maybe people are waiting on news about the game to make a final decision. Posting on the GTS section of the forum doesn't mean everything has to be in a positive light.

Nothing matches up to GTS because it is yet to be released, but there are games that very much in the same scope as GTS like PCars.

So far, visuals is the only thing separating the GT franchise from the others. Outside of that it has been lacking in area's. So far, GTS doesn't look to be bringing much to the table besides that, as well. Being someone who likes to use photomode quite often, that's good for me. However, I don't think thats enough to bring me to buy a PS4 for it in the first place, which was my original intention long ago.

The PS4 should be sufficiently powerful, but people have already noted the frame rate issues the game is having.

If Older generation no longer like it....then

Let the young Hungary Lion loose on it :)
There's nothing stopping the younger generation buying into GTS.

Depending on which game was your entry into the series, that will colour your response to what GTS is.

I'm now confused lol.

There's not a racing game in the world that comes close to the breathtaking sound, physics, AI, car list and FFB contained in GT Sport...oh wait...

Now Jonny, behave yourself....... your a specific kind of guy, aren't you??
I didn't mention any of those things yet!! as I can only can gauge the visuals and that's what I mentioned. I was waiting for you chime in but not with outlandish comment like that :)

Now Jonny, behave yourself....... your a specific kind of guy, aren't you??
I didn't mention any of those things yet!! as I can only can gauge the visuals and that's what I mentioned. I was waiting for you chime in but not with outlandish comment like that :)
It's a shame though, considering visuals was one of the departments that probably needed the least bit updating. Outside of the consistency issues the franchise used to have.

Back