Gran Turismo Sport Drag Racing

• Thread starter Irock91z28
  • 22 comments
United States
Miami Fl
Just wanted to take the time to open a drag community thread because it seems like the drag community is not well exposed in this web site. As far as GT sport, because in GT5 and GT6, the community was really good. This thread should be use so our dragging community can share their thoughts when it comes to drag racing and maybe any possible glitch that can affect our lobbies or community. I've been playing this game since 1997 and will like to quickly share with you that GT sport is harder than any other GT, as far as driving the cars and making them hook. We can also share ideas on how to improve your skills, as far as making the cars hooks. As Pros, we don't use any type of assistance in our lobbies. TC is not allowed, and sometimes Skylines or AWD gets boring from time to time. I've notice that people are afraid of tuning RWD because they are having a hard time figuring out the launch. Is not like GT5 or GT6, where you can launch at full throttle, is different, the game is more realistic. Some cars you will need to launch them at 0 Rpms and hit the gas as soon as you see them lights.

full

1967-shelby-cobra-427-sup_800x0w.jpg

ford_mustang_cobra_jet_14.jpg

upload_2018-2-22_11-23-12.png

The new Nova in GT Sport

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to take the time to open a drag community thread because it seems like the drag community is not well exposed in this web site. As far as GT sport, because in GT5 and GT6, the community was really good. This thread should be use so our dragging community can share their thoughts when it comes to drag racing and maybe any possible glitch that can affect our lobbies or community. I've been playing this game since 1997 and will like to quickly share with you that GT sport is harder than any other GT, as far as driving the cars and making them hook. We can also share ideas on how to improve your skills, as far as making the cars hooks. As Pros, we don't use any type of assistance in our lobbies. TC is not allowed, and sometimes Skylines or AWD gets boring from time to time. I've notice that people are afraid of tuning RWD because they are having a hard time figuring out the launch. Is not like GT5 or GT6, where you can launch at full throttle, is different, the game is more realistic. Some cars you will need to launch them at 0 Rpms and hit the gas as soon as you see them lights.

You sound like you know what youre doing.
I have trouble launching in RWD cars. I am also a DS4 user, so with tht in mind, any recommendations for a more controlled takeoff? II usually just ramp the TC up to 2 but id like to figure out how to do a fast launch without TC

You sound like you know what youre doing.
I have trouble launching in RWD cars. I am also a DS4 user, so with tht in mind, any recommendations for a more controlled takeoff? II usually just ramp the TC up to 2 but id like to figure out how to do a fast launch without TC

I can help you for sure. Send me your PSN in a PM, and I will help you for sure. Don't want to share all my secrets lol. I will be on Friday late night and Saturday, also I might be on tonight for an hour or so. From 1030pm et to 1130pm et.

I feel the current clutch / tire model reduces drag racing down to max power + tranny set ups and decent shifts .

I have been curious about drag racing in this game - have not done it in GT5 or GT6. Is there a known quarter mile stretch in GT Sport? How do you measure 0-60, 0-100 times? Do you drag just in the lobbies? Thanks

I have been curious about drag racing in this game - have not done it in GT5 or GT6. Is there a known quarter mile stretch in GT Sport? How do you measure 0-60, 0-100 times? Do you drag just in the lobbies? Thanks

We are currently using a track that is called Blue Moon, and we already have the distances measured. You can search this in YouTube. We don't have staging lights, everything is done with other resource. We have a car park almost in front of both drivers and flash the lights as a go. Is really fun to be honest. You are really missing a lot.

PSN: FluffaRaptor :cheers:

I'll be on this weekend and Friday for sure
Sure man, I will send you a friend request tonight.:cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone "chapman619" here leader of the most dominant drag racing team in gt history "StupidFast" . If you need help with rwd tunes or just drag help in general. Dont be afraid and hit me up. My psn name is chapman619. We do need to bring the community together on this, I see it all the time you buy a mustang or a camero you tune it and the 1st person you run gapped you by a lot. It happens so please dont get discouraged. I can help you understand the tuning alittle better and help you along the way. No I will not give u my tunes but will help you with a fairly good tune.

Attachments

• IMG_20190107_180536_366.jpg
    IMG_20190107_180536_366.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 101
I've been playing GT and Forza for a long time. Got grip and drift down quite well but always struggled with drag. Any basic tunes to start with and work from that? I'm running the Supra at level 4 power atm. Psn is theslimjimj

I did some drag racing in GT5 and 6, but only in private lobbies with friends, because if you opened a public lobby before like all the nut cases would show up, and ruin everything!

Who do i need to send fr to get access? My psn p_oco_. I'm a very old drag racer(77) but it would be fun. Is there a party lobby set up?
thanks.

it would be nice to create a discord to make the drag show will be nice and useful for those who want to make real drag serious

Hello everyone "chapman619" here leader of the most dominant drag racing team in gt history "StupidFast" . If you need help with rwd tunes or just drag help in general. Dont be afraid and hit me up. My psn name is chapman619. We do need to bring the community together on this, I see it all the time you buy a mustang or a camero you tune it and the 1st person you run gapped you by a lot. It happens so please dont get discouraged. I can help you understand the tuning alittle better and help you along the way. No I will not give u my tunes but will help you with a fairly good tune.
Gonna hit you up on PS4 Chapman,my PS4 name is dragonfist6519

I will need some aid with my mustang. I'll hit you up when i can.

Drag Races up on my channel with stock cars that are tuned to the curb weights instead of the dry weight it usually has! Gives a more accurate performance

Back