Gran Turismo Sport FIA 2020 Exhibition Season Calendar Revealed

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Aug 21, 2020.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

2. 05XR8

05XR8

Tsukuba Gr.3? 37 laps? Whew.

I'm liking all the combos. I want to go with Mazda, but I want an FR for Gr.4 Manu. Looking at Lexus or Ford. PD just need to add the dang Gr.4 Supra to the Manu list.

3. HaydenFan69

HaydenFan69

@05XR8 come on! I need a teammate at Mazda. Agreed with the Gr. 4 Supra. I mean they already have a GT4 Supra.

I asked for a Gr. 2 race outside Suzuka and Fuji, and what do the racing gods give me? Red Bull *********** Ring! Though the NSX 2016 is legit there.

Nation's Cup will for me be very aggressive. Only see 6 races (maybe Red Bull Juniors for 7) that are interesting me, so results are a must.

As for the Manufacturer's Cup, going to attempt all 10. Schedule really looks like it could suit the Atenza across the board.

4. Nismonath5

Nismonath5 Premium

I'm loving these tracks!!! Only really two or three "bogey" tracks of mine, so should be a ripper of a season! I don't care about no T16 or the fact that it's an exhibition. Let's race!
    :gtpflag:

5. 05XR8

05XR8

I'm not worried about tyre wear. I'd like an FR to replicate GT4 for my own immersion. Now, in saying that, I'm feeling the recent Super Touring vibe that the announced BTCC game may include. Dressing an Atenza in the classic BTCC liveries for each Gr.4 race, are definitely on the cards. :sly:

Alsace is probably the most challenging for the Atenza, in terms of a bad performance. We'll see. I may yet be swayed. ;)

Pigems, JEverettL and HaydenFan69 like this.
  6. DK

DK Premium

I can already imagine how chaotic that Tsukuba Gr3 race will be. :scared:

7. 05XR8

05XR8

Probably the closest to anything like the Gr.3 race.

8. mastretta_mx

mastretta_mx

Not that different of the Gr.B race in the last nations cup (it was fun, a mess and SR fest, but fun :D)

JEverettL and Pigems like this.
  9. Auditore

Auditore

The tsukuba turn 1 barriers will work overtime

RCKakashi14 likes this.
  10. HaydenFan69

HaydenFan69

I wasn’t worried about tire wear either. But one of the few brands I believe will have a consistent car in both categories. If they do have BOP changes, I see the Viper and Vette getting some cuts.

11. 05XR8

05XR8

That'd be a shame. Then it's likely we'd see the AMG GT3 and Supra(dare I add the GT-R) back up the top for FRs again.

Nismonath5 and HaydenFan69 like this.
  12. sirjim73

sirjim73

With there being no gaps in the calendar for a future update, it looks more and more unlikely to me that there will be any new content added to GTS for the remainder of this calendar year. This calendar takes us up to end of October with no gaps.

I also think that the 3 remaining announced cars might not turn up either.

Lest we forget, the Lamborghini VGT and Porsche Living Legend are well overdue now, based on original release schedule.

With the World Tour, understandably, stymied by virus restrictions, I hope PD can maintain sufficient interest with these FIA events to carry the players with them into 2021.

Obviously, if GT7 does appear before next summer, that would help build up hype again for the FIA events.

Pigems and JEverettL like this.
  13. SpeedStarGTS

SpeedStarGTS

A *****, here we go again

14. 05XR8

05XR8

Out of left field... I feel part of my frustration with Mazda, are my personal feelings towards the brand in motorsport.

Mazda have done so much in the past, BTCC, Sports Cars, IMSA GT/GTU, grassroots/MX-5, etc. While many manufacturers tapped into global GT3/GT4/WTC-BTCC-TCR series, Mazda had not budged. Yes, there were a few recent independent offerings: Global Touring Car chassis Mazda3 V8s, Super Taikyu MX-5s, Demios and Mazda3/Axela, Chinese Touring Car Mazda6/Atenza. The TCR program gave me hope Mazda would finally come mainstream.

The LMP program is still going on, but Mazda don't have a super car to kind of represent their road car line up. I'm saying the same way Nissan, Toyota and Honda do.

It's another reason why I switched a lot to Lexus, Ford and BMW. Mainly, for each brand's real GT3 & GT4 models in those categories.

Anyway, I really am looking forward to this season. No matter what I choose to drive.

Pigems and DaigoD like this.
  15. ShiftingGears

ShiftingGears

Longer races are good, otherwise very uninspiring car/ track combinations

Pigems likes this.
  16. Ace Carrera

Ace Carrera

I just want to compliment the main picture of this article, because it looks fabulous.

sirjim73 likes this.
  17. watto79

watto79

I'm loving that the Manufacturers races are going to be around the 40 minutes mark but.... I think the pit stops are too fast for such long races. I'm sure that 90% of the time multiple pit stops on the faster tyre will be the optimal strategy. The multipliers are low so maybe it won't be so bad, but I can see 3 or more pit stops often being the way to go.

We do have Laguna Seca though and that has a painfully slow pit stop so maybe that even things out :lol:

LeGeNd-1, Ashthebash and Pigems like this.
  18. 05XR8

05XR8

Still no confirmed appointment for my net connection.:rolleyes: Might miss this first week of racing...

19. Redneckchef

Redneckchef Premium

Did you just have to move? Or getting everything reset or NBN?

20. 05XR8

05XR8

Just found out council were upset they'd have to dig to set up NBN. My building is brand new and NBN ready. You think they'd set it up as they approved the building construction. The pit is across the road! No need to go into the ass backwards way council are, in decision making.

Looks like it might be right in a couple weeks. :rolleyes:

21. Redneckchef

Redneckchef Premium

I know councils well enough to know they always favour the difficult, convoluted hard way about things

05XR8 likes this.