Gran Turismo Sport - fuel consumption list & tire usage

• Thread starter rex1825
  • 213 comments
You should you post the cars with and without BoP.

...to much time consuming TBH, maybe... not promising anything... would be nice from PD when they change MPG to basically say how much it went up or down in %, that way one doesn't need to retest all cars...

- Changed test track to Tokyo Expressway - East Outer Loop instead of Blue Moon Bay II
- Redone Gr1, Gr2, Gr3, Gr4
- Added 8 DLC cars
- Added 1 DLC track
- to do: GrB, test each track per class, N Class to do in BoP (possible single car in more categories)

Really? The Porsche is now as good as the 4C in fuel consumption?

Some may recall that the build used for last years Regional and World Finals had an adjusted tyre setup, which reduced the durability difference between compounds. Recent FIA races made me suspect that this adjustment is now in the public build, so after my Group 4 tyre test, I took the tyre eating PUG and ran the same test using the other race compounds. I've converted my results into the same format that the OP used, that being durability relative to the soft tyre;

RSS: 94.2%
RS: 100%
RM: 144.4%
RH: 250%

A definite shake up then compared to what used to be. I think it's better this way as now we have reason to want to race the Medium tyre, at least when the available compounds are M+H. But Softs in turn remain strong in races where the choice is S+M.

For people who want to calculate fuel consumption for their cars without BoP (and I hope I got these right!), try these. Going by the figures in the first post.

Every 1% of power increase takes approximately 1,3% away from the range.

If the car has its power increased by BoP: 1 / (0,987^(BoP power percentage - 100)) x measured range = 100% power range

Every 1% of power decrease adds approximately 0,52% to the range.

If the car has its power decreased by BoP: 1 / (1,0052^(100 - BoP power percentage)) x measured range = 100% power range

Every 1% of weight increase takes approximately 0,4% away from the range.

If the car has its weight increased by BoP: 1 / (0,996^(BoP weight percentage - 100)) x measured range = 100% weight range

Decreasing the weight results in a meaninglessly small change so I'll leave it out.

For people who want to calculate fuel consumption for their cars without BoP (and I hope I got these right!), try these. Going by the figures in the first post.

Every 1% of power increase takes approximately 1,3% away from the range.

If the car has its power increased by BoP: 1 / (0,987^(BoP power percentage - 100)) x measured range = 100% power range

Every 1% of power decrease adds approximately 0,52% to the range.

If the car has its power decreased by BoP: 1 / (1,0052^(100 - BoP power percentage)) x measured range = 100% power range

Every 1% of weight increase takes approximately 0,4% away from the range.

If the car has its weight increased by BoP: 1 / (0,996^(BoP weight percentage - 100)) x measured range = 100% weight range

Decreasing the weight results in a meaninglessly small change so I'll leave it out.

How did you figure this out. Logically it makes no sense that an increase would have different size effect from a decrease...

How did you figure this out. Logically it makes no sense that an increase would have different size effect from a decrease...
Simply by calculating from the figures in the first post:
Power & weight vs range:
-20% power - 111%
-10% power - 105%
+10 % power - 87%
+20% power - 77%
-10% weight - 101%
+10% weight - 96%
And yes I know that it makes no sense but that's what it says there...

I'm sure you haven't got the new cars yet but, noticed your also missing the Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo is from n600.

911 I can run map 2 the whole 2 laps on nurb. And run map 3 for a few sectors and can map 1 on straights. I've tried it with the 650, and Ferrari. Both are inferior in fuel economy running hards. The 911 sucks in the straights but excels in the turns.

...srry guys but some things came up, I won't have time for now to make changes to MPG in this thread. Hopefully I'll be able to redo all up until the end of May, and on top of all my HDD died so I lost all of data that I had before...

Has anyone done a similar test with tyre wear for Gr3/4 cars? I know people say there's too much variable and stuff, so I'm not looking for exact km at which your tyre lose xxx pixel, more just general trends. Like I know the GT86 Gr.4 has stupidly good tyre life, and last week FIA race I got smoked by a one stopping Beetle Gr.3 at Suzuka. Any other cars that has much better tyre life than others in the class?

Has anyone done a similar test with tyre wear for Gr3/4 cars? I know people say there's too much variable and stuff, so I'm not looking for exact km at which your tyre lose xxx pixel, more just general trends. Like I know the GT86 Gr.4 has stupidly good tyre life, and last week FIA race I got smoked by a one stopping Beetle Gr.3 at Suzuka. Any other cars that has much better tyre life than others in the class?

Guess we did... :lol: :cheers:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gran-turismo-sport-current-tire-wear-list.387661/

From my experience, the BoP changes don't change the fuel consumption figures much on a x1 fuel usage scale. Of course, change is a bit more exaggerated when dealing with Sport Mode multiplier levels, where the difference can be a game changer in the pits due to refuel rates.

Guess most of the testing has to be redone, with all the changes in the meantime... could be easier now though with SSRX...

Ovals have their own BOP so it wouldn't work. I'm tempted to do this again like the tyre test with 50x multiplier and one lap, and see how much fuel is left in the tank for each car, but fuel is even more dependent on driving style and shifting point. Even shifting just 500 rpm lower can have a huge effect with high multipliers. You can leave it in AT, but then some cars actually benefit from shortshifting due to their power curve so it won't be representative of real racing situation either. Too many variables :lol:

Ovals have their own BOP so it wouldn't work. I'm tempted to do this again like the tyre test with 50x multiplier and one lap, and see how much fuel is left in the tank for each car, but fuel is even more dependent on driving style and shifting point. Even shifting just 500 rpm lower can have a huge effect with high multipliers. You can leave it in AT, but then some cars actually benefit from shortshifting due to their power curve so it won't be representative of real racing situation either. Too many variables :lol:
You can set power and weight of the normal track BOP on each car you'll test. I did this for 4 cars i pretend to race next FIA events.

You can set power and weight of the normal track BOP on each car you'll test. I did this for 4 cars i pretend to race next FIA events.

I know you can set it manually, but it's just easier to have the game do it for you and minimises mistakes. Especially as you're going to be doing this for hundreds of cars.

I feel for OP. Just after he's done the tests PD drops another BOP update and readjusts fuel consumption for Gr.3 cars :crazy:

I notice also that you've added tuned/detuned cars for each N class as well. Simply insane amount of work :bowdown:

Boo to this week, not a fan of Blue Moon Speedway and definitely not ready to learn Spa in that GRX car. Back to finally finishing the challenges I guess

Hoping for GR3 or 4 on Mt Panorama or Maggiore soon

Mods can delete the the post if its not apt here

But any idea what could be the best gr4 car at maggiore for a 40 mins lap race,7x tyre wear and 5x fuel?

I managed 2:06 with rcz but its fuel tank is less although power is good or megane trophy 11 with good fuel but with less power be good or any other suggestion?

Thanks

Last edited:
Might be a bit of a stretch but does anyone know if fuel usage effects vehicle weight? Might be a little too complex for GT but thought maybe they would take it into account.

Might be a bit of a stretch but does anyone know if fuel usage effects vehicle weight? Might be a little too complex for GT but thought maybe they would take it into account.

It does...

approx
-10% weight - 101% range
+10% weight - 96% range

Last edited:
Back