Gran Turismo Sport Game Update Arrives March 25

Must be one of the most useless updates for GTS. Not even 60fps replays for ps5 - that would seem to me as least demanding and least game balance altering update to do ever, but no.. :lol:

You didn’t honestly think they were gonna spend time/money on anything that’s just for PS5 users did you? That seems like a bit of an unrealistic expectation.

Last edited:
Polyphony is not the type of Sony studio who reacts to next gen with free gifts free patches free upgrades for users.

You paid for the game for ps4, just be glad that it even works at all on ps5. That's PD.

I wish they went the extra mile but this is not one of Sony's more dynamic studios.

Hell Sony is giving away Horizon Zero Dawn...

I guess i hadnt thought about this but its an extremely good point. Why do we ALWAYS seem to go from one extreme to the other with the sr/pen system.
Probably because PD are very bad at communication. The "they're japanese and they don't speak english" is just a stupid excuse. Sony has divisions all around the world.
We're talking about a huge developer under Sony. They have the money and resources, but they don't invest enough in social media management and marketing research to value their fanbase and the fanbase feedback, unlike Turn10 did with the FM penalty system (even if they postponed it for years and made lots of users angry). T10 kept adjusting it based on user's feedback directly from the official forum. I believe there was also a beta program to participate in a specific feedback from "verified" users.
The Marshal program was also interesting: the possibility to be given the authority to monitor online lobbies, kick players and send priority reports to T10 to have grievers banned.
These two elements for example show how a developer should be. Close to the fanbase.

Last edited:
You didn’t honestly think they were gonna spend time/money on anything that’s just for PS5 users did you? That seems like a bit of an unrealistic expectation.

Totally agree, The backward compatibility is about all you can ever expect for PS4 games on the PS5, no game developer has ever updated what is essentially a 3-4 year old game to be so much better in the new console as it would require too many resources to do so and take away for the development of core PS5 games. That's how they make their money and if you consider at the time I bought GTS it cost €60-€70 and now it what? €10-€15.

Last edited:

This was just a tiny thing as an exaple, which i assume would be a matter of minutes to allow from the very basic settings of the game. If they are not willing to change a thing this small no-one should expect anything else either.

Im not expecting anything :lol: , but just surpriced how many ps5 updates of sonys aaa-titles have been completely overlooked compared to series x games 4k/60fps updates. One could think sony would like to take the easy change to show support to its customers. :odd:

I wonder what it would take them to add 2-3 cars at this point. It would be a nice move given that GT7 is going to miss its initial 2021 target.

Last edited:
True, but at least now the guy ahead can’t stop in for fresh tires with a 5s gap without losing out on anything. You actually have to plan your stop now, I kind of like it. :)
Agreed. The 1-stop only means you have to actually plan when to make your stop so that it counts. Definitely makes it more realistic than the old 5 seconds at Mount Panorama so you just slap a second set of Softs after running the Meds for a lap.

This was just a tiny thing as an exaple, which i assume would be a matter of minutes to allow from the very basic settings of the game. If they are not willing to change a thing this small no-one should expect anything else either.

Im not expecting anything :lol: , but just surpriced how many ps5 updates of sonys aaa-titles have been completely overlooked compared to series x games 4k/60fps updates. One could think sony would like to take the easy change to show support to its customers. :odd:
I don't understand why ps5 owners are constantly pushing for updates to ps4 games.

I don't understand why ps5 owners are constantly pushing for updates to ps4 games.

Because I for one think it wouldn take much effort to change things like resolution, fps, drawdistances and supersampling. Propably a days work for a single software enginer depending how the game is build.

Especially considering no one can even get one right now either.

I hope Sony is not using the same logic. At this point they are creating underwhelming tone to the marketing so many will think twice before buying even when its eventually available. They should show full support to the new generation console to create positive expectations and make people want to hop in as soon as possible.

And as good games are loved even when they are old, they should show people they can play even better improved versions of the games they already love. There are just a handful of new good games each year, but there is a ton of proven good games from earlier generation that could have new found glory with just a bit of refreshing.

The problem is that updating old games doesnt bring money to the game studios. Cash is king...

Last edited:
Because I for one think it wouldn take much effort to change things like resolution, fps, drawdistances and supersampling. Propably a days work for a single software enginer depending how the game is build.

It's never that simple in software dev. Even if the work took a day you have to extensively test it to make sure you didn't break anything elsewhere, then through QC for a final check. If it's found that there is a problem, back to the dev and so on.

It's just not worth it to PD or Sony marketing. They know GTS players will buy GT7 pretty much no matter what, whether they patch GTS or not.

I hope Sony is not using the same logic. At this point they are creating underwhelming tone to the marketing so many will think twice before buying even when its eventually available. They should show full support to the new generation console to create positive expectations and make people want to hop in as soon as possible.

And as good games are loved even when they are old, they should show people they can play even better improved versions of the games they already love. There are just a handful of new good games each year, but there is a ton of proven good games from earlier generation that could have new found glory with just a bit of refreshing.

The problem is that updating old games doesnt bring money to the game studios. Cash is king...

Sony probably see it like this, any PS5 owner has already given Sony their money. The only thing they can sell you now is games/PS+. It’s the PS4 people they still need to convince to buy a PS5, so helping PS5 owners isn’t gonna make them much money right now.

Sony probably see it like this, any PS5 owner has already given Sony their money. The only thing they can sell you now is games/PS+. It’s the PS4 people they still need to convince to buy a PS5, so helping PS5 owners isn’t gonna make them much money right now.

Exactly why i said they should get positive feedback from us few lucky ps5 owners and create any possible advantages for ps5 users to make the mass of ps4 owners want to buy PS5 as soon as its available. At the moment PS5 is more " meh... i'll buy it after year or two when there is actually something exclusive to ps5.."

Exactly why i said they should get positive feedback from us few lucky ps5 owners and create any possible advantages for ps5 users to make the mass of ps4 owners want to buy PS5 as soon as its available. At the moment PS5 is more " meh... i'll buy it after year or two when there is actually something exclusive to ps5.."

I highly doubt anyone is going to buy a PS5 solely because some of their PS4 games look/play better on it. Not in any great numbers anyway.

I highly doubt anyone is going to buy a PS5 solely because some of their PS4 games look/play better on it. Not in any great numbers anyway.

I’ve already made my choice. I will continue in GTS on ps4 but after that’s done it will be pc.
I’d have to see raving reviews and reports about the online and penalty system and racing quality in the next gt title to consider it.
There’s a lot of options out there for driving games on pc.

Last edited:
Must be one of the most useless updates for GTS. Not even 60fps replays for ps5 - that would seem to me as least demanding and least game balance altering update to do ever, but no.. :lol:

There's like 5 of us, we deserve more!!!

Back