Gran Turismo Sport Game Update Arrives March 25

Exactly why i said they should get positive feedback from us few lucky ps5 owners and create any possible advantages for ps5 users to make the mass of ps4 owners want to buy PS5 as soon as its available. At the moment PS5 is more " meh... i'll buy it after year or two when there is actually something exclusive to ps5.."

I can see what you mean now. I know I won’t be getting one until GT7 comes out, seeing at GT is the only game I ever play. :)

Edit: I wonder how many of those 5m PS5’s are actually in homes being used, vs sitting in a scalpers basement collecting dust still.

Last edited:
Maybe because the other brand is offering such a thing on their device? Maybe because most of what there is to currently play on PS5 is PS4 games? I don’t understand why anyone would not be pushing for updates on PS4 games on PS5...
Sounds like you bought the console a little prematurely. As a ps4 owner I have no reason to care about any of those things.

As a ps4 owner I have no reason to care about any of those things.
As a ps4 owner we all went through the same thing last time. :lol:

I played a non PS Plus free game called Tomorrow Children for months before GTS. So yeah, I'd imagine PS5 owners are pretty desperate. But at least they can play PS4 games. Heck, I'd take a PS5 just for the ShareFactory upgrade.

Sony probably see it like this, any PS5 owner has already given Sony their money. The only thing they can sell you now is games/PS+. It’s the PS4 people they still need to convince to buy a PS5, so helping PS5 owners isn’t gonna make them much money right now.

Only reason I will buy a PS5 is for GT7, with the delays now it will probably well into 2022 and price will have dropped after this Christmas as it has in the past so happy to wait. I got lucky with my PS4 when I bought it at almost full price soon after it was released, a few months after Sony issued a software update which broke some PS4's and I had one and had to return it to game for a replacement. It scanned at the price I bought it for but replacement was priced €100 less so I also got a refund, nice surprise.

Last edited:
This was just a tiny thing as an exaple, which i assume would be a matter of minutes to allow from the very basic settings of the game. If they are not willing to change a thing this small no-one should expect anything else either.

Im not expecting anything :lol: , but just surpriced how many ps5 updates of sonys aaa-titles have been completely overlooked compared to series x games 4k/60fps updates. One could think sony would like to take the easy change to show support to its customers. :odd:

I will have to try to find the dev quote and it is related Rocket League next gen update. For Rocket League to take advantage of next gen grunt / resolution etc on next gen Xbox it was a case of tweaking some settings. On PS5 it needed a major recoding and recompile into a new version which was more work than they were prepared to do so PS5 rocket league next gen upgrade didn't happen.

While neither of us know how easy it would be for GTS it would at least be possible to say it may not be as simple as folks think.

I'm getting strong non-gamer vibes in this thread. I am enjoying my PS5 immensely and have played quite a few actual PS5 games on it.

Though I do admit that AC Valhalla was a grind and a half and I only have Demon's Souls left to play and I've been spending most of my time on PS4 games, including GT Sport.

Anyway, I believe it all has to do with the PS4 Pro. For instance, Star Wars Squadrons got a long list of improvements for the new XBox but the PS5 got "better lighting". That's it. There are some other examples, too. And I think I read somewhere that the development for the Pro has led to roadblocks to improving some PS4 titles for PS5.

Last edited:
... and price will have dropped after this Christmas...

I'd be surprised if that happens to be honest. When supply does get back to normal levels - which could easily be in to 2022 they'll want to sell as many for RRP as they can. They have a target by year end to sell 18m units, which I don't think they'll reach - its not the price stopping that so there isn't any real need to drop it, especially whilst PC graphics cards are also difficult to get hold of.

I can see what you mean now. I know I won’t be getting one until GT7 comes out, seeing at GT is the only game I ever play. :)

Edit: I wonder how many of those 5m PS5’s are actually in homes being used, vs sitting in a scalpers basement collecting dust still.

I'm using my ps5 every day.

Great console, hyperfast, 3D sound, stable 60fps, very nice and quick new feautures on menus, the controller is very enjoyable with every new game and with ps5 game versions (ride4 with dualsense is pure magic, control, no man's sky... for example).
Cyberpunk 2077, Dishonored2, AC, ACC, PCARS3 and GTS run perfect on ps5.

18 ps4 free games too... Astro play room and ps5 ps+ games every month...

Worth it even from a ps4pro in my case.

Last edited:
Just bought my PS5 ultimately for GT7, but have settled for GT Sport (never played before) in the meantime. Just finished the driving academy, so that was kinda cool. Now on to livery editing and racing. I'm a bit nervous as I've heard the horror stories of the poor penalty system. In the end, I just couldn't wait any longer for GT7, and PCars 3, well, yeah...

I'm using my ps5 every day.

Great console, hyperfast, 3D sound, stable 60fps, very nice and quick new feautures on menus, the controller is very enjoyable with every new game and with ps5 game versions (ride4 with dualsense is pure magic, control, no man's sky... for example).
Cyberpunk 2077, Dishonored2, AC, ACC, PCARS3 and GTS run perfect on ps5.

18 ps4 free games too... Astro play room and ps5 ps+ games every month...

Worth it even from a ps4pro in my case.

For people who actually play other games, that makes sense. 👍

For me on the other hand...
8F44C7AB-E18B-4602-9DB5-40D145B7E106.jpeg

It’s basically a paperweight until GT7 comes out. :D

Just bought my PS5 ultimately for GT7, but have settled for GT Sport (never played before) in the meantime. Just finished the driving academy, so that was kinda cool. Now on to livery editing and racing. I'm a bit nervous as I've heard the horror stories of the poor penalty system. In the end, I just couldn't wait any longer for GT7, and PCars 3, well, yeah...

Honestly you don't hear it enough but I don't think the penalty system is that bad for an average driver. It's not perfect, but it's 90% justified. They scaled back contact penalties between two cars A LOT so now it's even less. But comes at the cost of more unpenalized bumping/late braking contact. My recommendation would be to just race each race not with the intention of winning or passing anyone, just complete a clean race. Even if you're dead last. As long as you're continuing to have clean sectors your Sportsmanship will increase and you can weed your way out of the lower lever drivers..

I wasn't aware of that. I only have a PS4 with two weeks with only GT Sport and Driveclub. Thats a stupid way of updating games
Kinda. It prevents file fragmentation - the system downloads the update, creates a copy of the game with the update in it, and then erases the old copy of the game. It happened on PS3 as well, but games are a bit larger now! There are some specific circumstances by which it doesn't happen too, but I recall it needs a very small update file which only changes a discreet, 4GB data block.

PS5 games don't work that way any more - but only PS5 games; PS4 games on the PS5 still do.

Last edited:
Honestly you don't hear it enough but I don't think the penalty system is that bad for an average driver. It's not perfect, but it's 90% justified. They scaled back contact penalties between two cars A LOT so now it's even less. But comes at the cost of more unpenalized bumping/late braking contact. My recommendation would be to just race each race not with the intention of winning or passing anyone, just complete a clean race. Even if you're dead last. As long as you're continuing to have clean sectors your Sportsmanship will increase and you can weed your way out of the lower lever drivers..
This 100%.

This is all I've focused on the last few penalty system iterations and I haven't had anywhere near the problems everyone else has, no matter how strict/loose the system has been. Sure griefer driving still happens, but that's only about 2-3 times in 20 races maybe.

This was just a tiny thing as an exaple, which i assume would be a matter of minutes to allow from the very basic settings of the game. If they are not willing to change a thing this small no-one should expect anything else either.

Im not expecting anything :lol: , but just surpriced how many ps5 updates of sonys aaa-titles have been completely overlooked compared to series x games 4k/60fps updates. One could think sony would like to take the easy change to show support to its customers. :odd:

There is nothing "small" about ripping a old engine apart to implement 4k/60fps replays, it might be easy, it might be hard, with PD there is fair chance that they have fine tuned everything to hit the performance we are seeing on the PRO, and it won't be a easy fix.
And imho spending time on anything, except the absolute core of the game is wasted when there is a GT7 to be done and in honesty, there is so much else i would rather have them do with GT-Sport than 4k/60 :)

I see that there is an announcement in the game that lists what seems to be every race car in the game to be affected by BoP changes but all I've read here is that a couple of Group 4 cars have been changed. Am I missing something? I'm sure I am but if someone could clear this up for me, I'd appreciate it.

Last edited:
I see that there is an announcement in the game that lists what seems to be every race car in the game to be affected by BoP changes but all I've read here is that a couple of Group 4 cars have been changed. Am I missing something? I'm sure I am but if someone could clear this up for me, I'd appreciate it.
Only 3 cars have changed but that page is just showing the latest version of the full BoP list.

Back