Gran Turismo Sport Game Update Arrives March 25

Don't like the Penalty system update at all.

Just spent a few hours racing and came across a player who deliberately rams people off track to gain positions.

Notable time stamps:
0:12
2:08
4:30
7:50
8:10

It's the worst driving I've seen in years, the kind of driving that makes you want to quit the game.

GTS really needs a ban system for players like this. This player is active in the Oceania region (Aus/NZ/Japan).

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know exactly why I do this but I literally have a notepad on the coffee table in which I make a list of all the dirty drivers and the flags they fly that I come across as I watch the replays. The list has been growing exponentially this past while. And I usually give people the benefit of the doubt.

mef

Just spent a few hours racing and came across a player who deliberately rams people off track to gain positions.

Notable time stamps:

It's the worst driving I've seen in years, the kind of driving that makes you want to quit the game.

GTS really needs a ban system for players like this. This player is active in the Oceania region (Aus/NZ/Japan).

The kind of person the world would be a better place without were he to magically disappear the next day.

Look like the race started off fine. That player was fine until a couple cars hit it and the other one ghosted through it.

I'm in no way sticking up for that player. If they are like that every race, damn shame.

mef

Notable time stamps:

Sad, just sad.

That spiteful harassment on the last turn was despicable. They already lost P2 with no chance to get it back after the punt so why?

Sad, just sad.

That spiteful harassment on the last turn was despicable. They already lost P2 with no chance to get it back after the punt so why?

Exactly what I thought. It is so bad I didn't want to make people down seeing what I saw, but it is happening and the sooner PD get a grip on what's going on, the sooner we can hope for a ban system.

All major game franchises have report systems for toxic behaviour yet GTS somehow thinks it is free from trolls. This has to change.

I was fortunate to be at the front of the pack in that particular race, but earlier in the day I encountered a few other clowns that punted me off a T1 then at T2 so I rage quit. I was close to stopping playing right there and then.

I hope PD get a grip, this online experience is not only not good enough (ie bad penalty system) it turns outright toxic sometimes.

Last edited:
mef
All major game franchises have report systems for toxic behaviour yet GTS somehow thinks it is free from trolls. This has to change.
GT Sport also has a report system for "interfering with race result".

The update required me to free like 100GB, and even though the file file was only like 150MB the installation took very long, which makes me think that the actual update is like 50 GB or more. Why does it need to be so big when it's a flag fix?

The update required me to free like 100GB, and even though the file file was only like 150MB the installation took very long, which makes me think that the actual update is like 50 GB or more. Why does it need to be so big when it's a flag fix?
No, the update was 158MB. It needs 120GB of space because:
As with all PS4 games, updating the game requires a copy of the entire game to be made.

I'd love it if when in doubt, the system simply ghosted the involved cars.
This alone would solve a TON of issues with rammers (approach speed too high: ghost away.), as good driving would simply leave them behind.
Perhaps it wouldn't be as physical a race, with less contact felt through the wheel, but i fail to see the benefit of feeling a car drive up my arse every time there's a hard braking point.
It's been *utterly* unplayable since the Penalty patch.

GT Sport also has a report system for "interfering with race result".
Yes, which is as abused as the race rules, making it entirely pointless.
I've never seen anything at all come out of that, besides *me* losing SR once due to a ganging of cretins in race (sure, it could have been me, but humour me.), which played the nationality card and harrassed me throughout the race (started in pole, got rammed in t1, and so on and so forth.).
I never retaliated, didn't get any SR deduction from the race itself (not in race, not after it), won it as i had far superior pace, and quit the PS due to excessive stress right after the results.
To find myself docked a SR grade the next day.

Out of any given daily race, you will have many players reporting others (particularly now that penalties aren't awarded in race), and without any specifics as to what happened, it means chasing a player throughout the race. For each report.
The numbers are outright insane to humanly control, so most likely they do not control all reports.

Last edited:
Yes, which is as abused as the race rules, making it entirely pointless.
Its efficacy - and I should note that I've never heard of anyone being banned from GT Sport for interfering with a race result - is a different matter from the fact that it does actually exist, contrary to the previous user's statement that it doesn't.

Pardon me, but if it's of no efficacy whatsoever, as a deterrent first, and as a fit punishment later (particularly as one isn't aware of why there was a demotion, so no lesson could ever be learnt), having the menu option cannot equate to having the feature.
It might as well be an entirely fake menu entry, by logical corollary, and we'd know no better.
Unlike, f.e., penalties in a race.

Pardon me, but if it's of no efficacy whatsoever, as a deterrent first, and as a fit punishment later (particularly as one isn't aware of why there was a demotion, so no lesson could ever be learnt), having the menu option cannot equate to having the feature.
It might as well be an entirely fake menu entry, by logical corollary, and we'd know no better.
Unlike, f.e., penalties in a race.
My not having heard of anything happening does not correspond to nothing ever happening; I'm not omniscient.

The report feature does indeed submit a report to the moderation staff responsible for the game. What happens after that is anyone's guess.

My not having heard of anything happening does not correspond to nothing ever happening; I'm not omniscient.

The report feature does indeed submit a report to the moderation staff responsible for the game. What happens after that is anyone's guess.

Where is this report option in the game?

If it is a guess what happens afterwards , rather then “we suspend your account for x if you do x” it’s not transparent enough and the likely deterrent is zero so not really a system but more of a “customer feedback box”.

mef
Where is this report option in the game?
After the race, select the player, select Report, and select "Interfering With Race".
mef
If it is a guess what happens afterwards , rather then “we suspend your account for x if you do x” it’s not transparent enough and the likely deterrent is zero so not really a system but more of a “customer feedback box”.
Moderation is rarely totally transparent and rarely so formulaic. However, I can say that if you report a player for other items in the report menu - such as using bad language (in chat or on their vehicle livery) - it's definitely dealt with according to what you'd expect from the PSN Terms of Service.

Back