Gran Turismo Sport "Garage Full" Bug Affecting New Players

Hi guys i cannot go to the garage to change the car. I have recently bought it on facebook marketplace and i have installed the 1.50 update, I cannot even buy my own cars. I have rebuilt the database but zip.

Hi guys i cannot go to the garage to change the car. I have recently bought it on facebook marketplace and i have installed the 1.50 update, I cannot even buy my own cars. I have rebuilt the database but zip.

What exactly happens when you go to the garage? And what happens when you try and buy a car? I don't really understand the nature of the problem.

What exactly happens when you go to the garage? And what happens when you try and buy a car? I don't really understand the nature of the problem.
I go to the house icon and it does not enter, i try to buy a vehicle for example an alfa romeo and it says error the garage is full. How is that even possible?

P.S
I try to go to the lobby and the game crashes. Do you think the issue is the disk?

Last edited:
I go to the house icon and it does not enter, i try to buy a vehicle for example an alfa romeo and it says error the garage is full. How is that even possible?

P.S
I try to go to the lobby and the game crashes. Do you think the issue is the disk?

I've not heard of that one before. I'd advise completely deleting the game from your PS4 and reinstalling from the beginning. Let the whole thing re-install, and the re-download the update file to 1.50

Just an obvious question, do you have an internet connection when you load the game?

I've not heard of that one before. I'd advise completely deleting the game from your PS4 and reinstalling from the beginning. Let the whole thing re-install, and the re-download the update file to 1.50

Just an obvious question, do you have an internet connection when you load the game?
I reinstalled it twice now and yes i go online to play the career and so on. Nothing changed

I bought the game yesterday and I have the same problem. Home screen never comes and cant go in to my garage. If I try to buy a car it says that my garage is full. If i try to access my garage via arcade play it shows that the is no car at all.
Must say that gran turismo has ****ed up so much since gt 5, Not buying any more.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought the game yesterday and I have the same problem. Home screen never comes and cant go in to my garage. If I try to buy a car it says that my garage is full. If i try to access my garage via arcade play it shows that the is no car at all.
Can you use the PS4's Share feature to capture video of the issue and post it here?

P.S

Must say that gran turismo has ****ed up so much since gt 5, Not buying any more.

I am have the same issues. I just bought a PS4 slim bundle on 11/27/19 along with GT Sport and have the EXACT issues. Nothing happens when I hit the "Home" screen, it just dims but never goes to the garage. When I try to buy a car it says my garage is full and when I go to the lobby I instantly get a blue screen with an error code: CE-34878-0.

I have also updated everything, uninstalled and reinstalled the game, initialized the PS4 but nothing has solved it.

I created a secondary PSN account and booted up the game and everything seems normal. but on the original account (with PS plus and all my saved of course) is where I'm having these issues. I've contacted support and they gave me some solutions to try once I get home.

Seems like everyone buying the game for Black Friday is having the same issue though =(

I am have the same issues. I just bought a PS4 slim bundle on 11/27/19 along with GT Sport and have the EXACT issues. Nothing happens when I hit the "Home" screen, it just dims but never goes to the garage. When I try to buy a car it says my garage is full and when I go to the lobby I instantly get a blue screen with an error code: CE-34878-0.

I have also updated everything, uninstalled and reinstalled the game, initialized the PS4 but nothing has solved it.

I created a secondary PSN account and booted up the game and everything seems normal. but on the original account (with PS plus and all my saved of course) is where I'm having these issues. I've contacted support and they gave me some solutions to try once I get home.

Seems like everyone buying the game for Black Friday is having the same issue though =(
What did support recommend?

What did support recommend?

1. Delete the user of PSN account that is having issues.

2. If that doesn't work then download the software update file of the console to a USB

3. Lastly if none of those work they said they would warranty the PS4 and I would need to send it in. I wonder if the other guys having this issue also just bought a PS4 or if it's only the game

2. If that doesn't work then download the software update file of the console to a USB

3. Lastly if none of those work they said they would warranty the PS4 and I would need to send it in. I wonder if the other guys having this issue also just bought a PS4 or if it's only the game
Same issue just bought the ps4

I have had my PS4 for like 5 years, I think. Whenever Destiny: Taken King was out. I installed GT either yesterday or two days ago. So I think it is just the game.

"delete the user of PSN account that is having issues". Uh the entire user? That's aggressive.

Same issue just bought the ps4

I have had my PS4 for like 5 years, I think. Whenever Destiny: Taken King was out. I installed GT either yesterday or two days ago. So I think it is just the game.

"delete the user of PSN account that is having issues". Uh the entire user? That's aggressive.

Did you guys buy the "greatest hits" version of GT Sport? I'm trying to narrow down the problem.

ButtDyno- Yeah they said to delete the user of the PSN account but of course to backup saved game data first. Then he said once that's done you can create it again from the same user management menu. I haven't tried it yet as I'm still at work but will try it tonight.

Side note: Nice evo!

Last edited:
This is what PS support said:

"in that case the next step to try is to delete the user of your PSN account that is having issues.
You will first need to backup any of your saved game data to avoid losing it, as deleting the local user will also delete all saved games files.
You can follow the steps on this website to learn how to back-up your saved games:
https://support.playstation.com/s/a...ed-Game-Data-in-System-Storage?language=en_US

Once it is backed up you will need to go to Settings > Login Settings > User Management > Delete User and delete the user of the account that is having issues, once that is done you can create it again from the same User Management menu."

Well I came on here to ask how to actually use my cars I’ve won, and now I see a bunch of people like me who bought a console and game last night for Black Friday are having issues! Great!!

Does anyone know if this is a game problem or is it a problem with the console? Cause I have a few other games I plan on playing and don’t wanna waist anymore time of the consoles the issue.

Worst part about this is I acheieved 50% of my license tests and completed 3 entire circuit experience tracks (8%) Perfect.

So what’s everyone gotta do in this situation?

Last edited:
I had same issue. New slim 1tb console bought this week. GT Sport - set up, started w passing all driver tests and was awarded cars. Then clicking on home there was no activity - no garage etc. Tried entering arcade and gt events and no cars to choose from despite those earlier awarded. I followed the previous fix instructions of saving to usb drive and then having re initialize ps4 which wiped it. Brought it back up and now have to wait for the 52 gb update 1.5 with Wi-Fi which is going to take a while. I will advise what happens with mine if anyone would rather not gamble with theirs.

Btw my game disc ordered online from GameStop arrived as PlayStation hits version of GT sport if that makes any difference.

Last edited:
same problem, can’t access garage and home screen just fades black and returns, can’t buy cars or view cars as well as race online,
ps4

Can you use the PS4's Share feature to capture video of the issue and post it here?
Still this. It's hard to troubleshoot without seeing the issue directly.

The fix from support did not work. Saved to usb, deleted user, reinitialized ps4, downloaded from usb, did update 1.5, still no access to home/garage etc. going to go get a used copy of gt sport to see if PlayStation hits version was bad. If not then must be console.

The fix from support did not work. Saved to usb, deleted user, reinitialized ps4, downloaded from usb, did update 1.5, still no access to home/garage etc. going to go get a used copy of gt sport to see if PlayStation hits version was bad. If not then must be console.
Mine also doesnt work yet

Back