Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
:lol:

tumblr_mybd75rHkB1sv3adeo1_400.jpg

I'm proud of you, @Samus

Guys, I did it. I broke them down. It totally worked.

H9nuwol.png

Not sure if serious or trolling :odd:

Anyhow just like they surprised us with PGW with the announcement. I think GTS info can comeout anytime this month about the beta. E3 is probably best place for release date.

You know,considering the PS4 released Nov 2013, it's ******* crazy to me that one of Sony's number 1 franchises has so little information (Granturismo-PS4).
Honestly,I don't think we'll see this title for at least 2 years yet.

Friggin nuts.

GT6 was released in 2013 on PS3 :P

I am disappointed they are not showing much trailers but 3yrs or so between games is good thing IMO.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I can trust anything in this thread any more. :lol:

For example, the last one about the car list containing mainly racing cars is an eyebrow raiser - the Sony/Polyphony employee(s) tasked with dealing with the Facebook page has/have forgotten the name of the game it seems (calling it "GT Sports"). A simple, inconsequential mistake, sure, but also an easy one to not make (I would hope).

For example, the last one about the car list containing mainly racing cars is an eyebrow raiser - the Sony/Polyphony employee(s) tasked with dealing with the Facebook page has/have forgotten the name of the game it seems (calling it "GT Sports"). A simple, inconsequential mistake, sure, but also an easy one to not make (I would hope).

I know, if you really want a game that really represents only race cars, this is the one. But I think they mistaken the name only by adding an "S" at the end of Sport. This is why we can trust this thread for further details of the game.

I know, if you really want a game that really represents only race cars, this is the one. But I think they mistaken the name only by adding an "S" at the end of Sport. This is why we can trust this thread for further details of the game.

It sounds like they're going for a PCARS type approach - smaller car list, mainly racing cars, eSports focus, and a generally more "hardcore" vibe than GT6 (although it's very difficult to say exactly how and why when the game hasn't even been released, but it does "feel" that way thus far). I just hope it "works" though, and feels, although a smaller game, a more complete one, something that's increasingly rare these days (see PCARS, Driveclub, GT6). Maybe the beta test will make it easier to launch the game without the whole thing collapsing in on itself when it turns out it's unfinished.

It sounds like they're going for a PCARS type approach - smaller car list, mainly racing cars, eSports focus, and a generally more "hardcore" vibe than GT6 (although it's very difficult to say exactly how and why when the game hasn't even been released, but it does "feel" that way thus far). I just hope it "works" though, and feels, although a smaller game, a more complete one, something that's increasingly rare these days (see PCARS, Driveclub, GT6). Maybe the beta test will make it easier to launch the game without the whole thing collapsing in on itself when it turns out it's unfinished.

True point

If GTSport is mainly about racecars, and I think it will be, that's not an eyebrow raiser at all, it's to be expected really.

I just hope it "works" though, and feels, although a smaller game, a more complete one

Yeah, this is it.

This may be a bit controversial, but I thought perhaps GT5 Prologue was my favourite GT game. *runs for cover*

I liked the laser-focus, the small roster of cars, the difficulty.
If GTS can do this, but with the added FIA, GT Academy stuff, I am 100% with that.

Yeah, this is it.

This may be a bit controversial, but I thought perhaps GT5 Prologue was my favourite GT game. *runs for cover*

I liked the laser-focus, the small roster of cars, the difficulty.
If GTS can do this, but with the added FIA, GT Academy stuff, I am 100% with that.
I have not missed the big car list of GT at all since joining the pc sim crowd. It can change your whole approach to the game, leading you to really focus on individual cars and explore all their subtle nuances along with the various tracks. Having so many cars can lead one to under appreciate the craftsmanship that goes into the making of each individual model.

It can change your whole approach to the game, leading you to really focus on individual cars and explore all their subtle nuances along with the various tracks.

Exactly right.

Also, being able to store your cars in a physical garage and walk around/view them at will (was it one of the PGR games that allowed this?) and incorporating some kind of 'getting in the car' mechanic (a la Driveclub) would also help this attachment to, and appreciation of, a more limited set of cars.

If you would do some research and looking around you would realize that the continual problems GT6 has been having on the weekends is the fault of PlayStation Network not being able to host peer-to-peer games sufficiently. Polyphony Digital is not to blame for these problems. This is the Gran Turismo SPORT forum, if you want to whinge about GT6 please go here to do so.

Another bit of friendly advice, please try to use proper English as best as you can. It's something you agreed to do when you joined this forum via. the Acceptable Use Policy. Thanks.[/QUO
Do not spam the same nonsense across numerous threads. Doing so again will result in infraction points.

You'll want to follow this advice, as well:
No its gt my point is that they wont maintain gt6 why would sport be any deferent! it is gt that is at falt don't give me that about psn nothing to do with that iv done research also (works fine on other games). And I have used appropriate language

No its gt my point is that they wont maintain gt6 why would sport be any deferent! it is gt that is at falt don't give me that about psn nothing to do with that iv done research also (works fine on other games). And I have used appropriate language
If it's only GT6 then why would Project Cars be having the exact same issue? Working fine on other games (that are most likely not peer-to-peer) is NOT research. You also fail to account for GT6 being on an older console than what GT SPORT will be on. With the switch to newer technology there's no saying how well the game's multiplayer function will work. Please stop with the uninformed, spiteful, hateful speculation before someone stops it for you.

Last edited:
You know, now that Porsche is in F6, there is hope GTS might come with at least one Porsche.
How do you figure that? MS/T10 has had Porsche before, presumably with some sort of sublicense deal. What's changed to make it more likely to appear in GT at this point in time?

Back