Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Remembering 80 pages back the mood here was like back in the old days. But now, hah, times have changed, the forum has changed. Some peoples' attitudes towards PD and Kaz are so poisonous.
The trailer bug (the wall of trees which was corrected on the event build) is a good example of the negativity of some. At least they didn't bull shot, huh?

We have seen just the public beta folks! And few people realize the possibilities of the remarkable connection between PD and FIA.

Agreed. Worst is when some attempt to hide their blatant agendas with the thin veil of "its just criticism". There is such a thing as valid, constructive criticism.

GT Sport vs. Driveclub

PIC1.jpg

PIC2.jpg

PIC3.jpg

:eek: :drool: Lighting, car models are in different league. Maybe GTS vs FM6 next with same cars as above :P

Play Driveclub without rain and the outstanding beauty is gone ;)

And i am very sure that the weather effects in GTS will look very very good :sly:

C'mon mate leave the fanboism to corner.Kazunori Said ''we're developing a game equal to during years'' This looks equal these days standard? And DriveClub looks nextgen without Rain.I think you did'nt play so much.

Wake up guys, You owner PS4 not PS3.! Someone say to me 'This is next-gen feature or new to standard in racing games' Show me.

I've been playiyng GT since 1998, Thank god Transferred to Assetto Corsa and Dirt rally till GT7 .

That's true: it's certainly my right to continue to use words properly. Like 'placeholder'. It's also your right to use it incorrectly, though don't be surprised when it confuses others.

Hindsight is 20/20.

Oh, probably not (although I did it before, from GT4 to GT5). But as the link above shows, the reason I don't feel like I'll need to wait four or five years after GT6 isn't because I randomly decided on a deadline.

What, in a league where waiting five years between installments is acceptable? I don't: because it's never been that long of a wait. :P

Don't present guesses as facts.

There's so much still unknown about GT Sport, so I'm genuinely curious how you know it's so limited.
Let me sum this up briefly.

This is just a guess, but seeing as Polyphony is a first party studio for SONY, and one of their most important, they will be wanting them to produce something profitable to justify their continued existence after a few years. Kaz will be wanting to produce something after a few years. Especially considering a number of competing racers are emerging or have emerged onto the market, such as three Forzas. And everything PD has been producing so far has been zero profit for SONY, just additional content for GT6. What's more, a number of gamers around the planet have mentioned that they will be waiting to buy a PS4 pending the release of a certain game. Wonder which one that is.

Considering that GT Sport is smaller than GT3 purely on the basis of content, but a substantial barometer of scale, and considering the scope of both GT5 and 6, I'm thinking Sport is not the pinnacle achievement Kaz envisioned for PS4. Just a guess there. As for what Sport will offer, clearly with the potential of online play and a series of FIA and PD championships, and possible user created content which will be confirmed or denied over the coming months, it's offers as much potential as any online shooter, and most of those are pretty good in that regard. But rumors from those over there seem to hint that online racing is going to be Sport's forte, and with a certain segment of the offline events being a sort of racing school, I'm wondering how much of those 117+ events are for serious racing, and whether the real racing experience is offered online. All of that remains to be seen, but I'm thinking that more than 1000 cars and 50 locations, not to mention fun with Course Maker, provides for a lot more to do for much longer. Hey, just speculating here. But maybe this additional verbage provides a bit more insight. Or maybe not.

One more thing. Please don't assume a guy gushing over GT Sport is selling it short. Right now, it's making me say "Forza who?? Assetto Whatsa?? Who Club??"

@Zelalem GT5 Prologue sold for $40 featuring 35 cars and 5 tracks. In order to proportionately get $60 worth of racing assets, a bigger game would need 52 cars and 7 or 8 tracks. I'm not going to mind getting the Limited Edition at $70.

Last edited:
Think I'm gonna just go sleep and rest my eyes from all the arguing. If people could try not to murder each other, that'd be fantastic.

Night all, forever jealous of the GTP staff and once again, props to @Jordan for basically keeping the stream from just degenerating into complete crap as well as resisting the urge to give Mr "YouTube Sensation" a sensational Kentucky-style Knuckle Sandwich (even while I was secretly rooting for it).

I don't think so. IMO You implied that it's possible to fulfill the expectations of everyone
Which would've been a ludicrous interpretation of my post, but apologies if it came off that way.
wich it isn't since there are different people with different expectations and some people will always be disappointed no matter how good the games/trailers/infos are.
My initial reply was to a comment which suggested that because PD have finally released new footage, we were obligated not to complain at all about what we see simply by virtue of the fact that they have released new footage, which is a rather fatuous insinuation.

There will always be shortfalls in the games we experience, and it's only natural for people to voice them out. Yes, I do not like the whiners either, but they should not be grouped with people who have genuine constructive criticism to offer.

Well, they haven't even announced GTS having night/weather at all, so a bit premature to say anything.

As i remember it had been said a few months or so ago that there will be time of day and weather changes, but not on all tracks! I thinkit was a response from GT Facebook which should be found here in this thread.

I for one am 100% sure there will be dynamic time of day and weather changes!

C'mon mate leave the fanboism to corner.Kazunori Said ''we're developing a game equal to during years'' This looks equal these days standard? And DriveClub looks nextgen without Rain.I think you did'nt play so much.

Wake up guys, You owner PS4 not PS3.! Someone say to me 'This is next-gen feature or new to standard in racing games' Show me.

I've been playiyng GT since 1998, Thank god Transferred to Assetto Corsa and Dirt rally till GT7 .

I have played Driveclub enough to be able to judge the graphics. And while it looks outstanding in rainy conditions it looks just very cartoony in normal sunny conditions.

And hey -->

This looks soooo PS3...

I am quite worried about PD's duplicate/padding tendency (there's already two very similar versions of the Mazda VGT), but if GT Sport is 100% focused on spec class racing, then I'm not too worried about the actual number they've presented. It makes me a bit sad, but I'm predicting that classic cars won't be present, and that there may not even be any machinery much older than 15 years due to the modern racing focus - unless they have a classic category/spec. It's kind of a bittersweet tradeoff for a diverse yet balanced car list, but I think all in all it was a good move, as long as duplicates aren't a severe issue.

I'm trying to remain positive until more people get their hands on the game and all the details get squeezed out of PD, but there's certainly a bit that's already let me down. I think there's room for it to be compensated for, though.

Think I'm gonna just go sleep and rest my eyes from all the arguing. If people could try not to murder each other, that'd be fantastic.
This is GT Planet, where no good feelings for Gran Turismo go unpunished from someone. ;)

I know what you mean, There were, what, a good 3 seconds of footage within the 3.8 min trailer that looked poor, and "Ohp, well, GTS has the worst graphics ever".
You must have had access to a different trailer. The trailer I saw didn't had 3.8 min of gameplay. It had a lot of things that are not gameplay, but gameplay wise, less than 3.8. Also had 0m of car sound gameplay.
The thing is, this is not the first GT. Most of us here have been playing GT since the PSX times. And PD can make promises like no one, but to actual deliver...
In my country we have a saying that roughly translated is 'Burned cat is afraid of cold water', which is the same sentiment of 'Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...'. So when I see people here being defensive about what GT Sport will deliver, is quite understandable based on the past PD history.

Remembering 80 pages back the mood here was like back in the old days. But now, hah, times have changed, the forum has changed. Some peoples' attitudes towards PD and Kaz are so poisonous.

Look, I'll be one of the first to defend PD - and GT Sport, because I was very happy and hopeful with what I saw - but when a lot of people reach a similar conclusion, can you not acknowledge that at least part of the reason for that must be on the product that was shown?

Put it this way, if reaction to the game was overwhelmingly positive you wouldn't say "well that's nothing to do with what PD has done, that's just people's poisonously-positive attitudes changing the forum mood!". No, you'd attribute at least some of it to what PD have created. It's reasonable to do that if a lot of people independently have a similar reaction to the same thing - regardless of whether that reaction is very positive, very negative or somewhere in between.

This crap about how it's just nasty people making GTPlanet a nasty place when in "the good old days" it wasn't a nasty place is I think total rubbish, and it helps no one.

Ron86
DriveClub cartoonish without Rain?
Ok...
What about GT sport? Is it looks next-gen?:lol::lol:
I'm not really sure what next-gen are you talking about here... first of all, PS4 is here for about 2 and a half years so it's just current-gen... second of all: DriveClub looks really good, especially in rain, but it didn't look like it does now 3 year ago on gameplay presentations so chill off.

Has anyone noticed that when they revealed the qualified players, in the top right hand corner of the box, it had Seattle Short. Does this mean we can finally have Seattle back.

Latest Posts

Back