Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
From the trailer, Brands at different time ?

GTStrailer10.jpg

We could also talk about GT Live mode. The very concept of it is something that's completely unheard of in literally any other game.

Yep, there's never been a Spectating mode in a racing game before this.

Yes, the TV-style overlays are new, and once they provide more details about who exactly is providing commentary, that might be classed as new as well. But it's a huge stretch to call it a "completely unheard of" concept.

Not quite. There are a few examples where there's a virtual divide (hah!) and others where it genuinely, at least in this build, doesn't look like anything more than a very polished GT6 runtime.
Girlfriend_Rage_Comic.jpg

There are improvements. Nothing hallmark-worthy just yet, but there are very noticeable changes.
Somehow, coming from a GTP moderator it sounds far more reassuring than 'normal' members :D

Oh, right, I particularly liked turbo noises. That nice STUTUTU sound was awesome to listen to :lol:

Yep, there's never been a Spectating mode in a racing game before this.

Yes, the TV-style overlays are new, and once they provide more details about who exactly is providing commentary, that might be classed as new as well. But it's a huge stretch to call it a "completely unheard of" concept.
Ahem:

Matej
If you’d rather monitor racing from your sofa, the game will please your wishes with the ‘GT Live’ option, a vastly-expanded replay mode where it will be possible to watch live broadcasts during weekends. With commentary and sweet HUD indicators, GT Live brings racing games even closer to the slick presentation styles normally reserved for TV. All of this will be part of the so-called ‘Sport Mode’, one of the primary sections of the game.

Name another game that has a spectate mode that fleshed-out. To me, this seems to go far beyond just a simple mode where you sit back and watch other players in an online lobby.

Sounds harsh, but watch this

That's not cornering. That's sliding, like Mario Kart. The Japanese guy drove like this at the GT Sport event and it worked for him wonders.

The first vid is completely different from the second in terms of how the car is driven and the care taken on the tires. Listen to how much less tire sqealing there is in the second vid, that's actually great driving. The problem is that you can drive like vid 1 and get away with the magic excessive grip and end up with a good time..

But Mario Kart?.. c'mon now.

Last edited:
They could have made a Scapes Photomode trailer using this song.

But why PD....

In other news, I'm with-holding my judgement until the game actually comes out.
giphy.gif

For now though, any word on what's been asked & answered at the Q&A?

Name another game that has a spectate mode that fleshed-out. To me, this seems to go far beyond just a simple mode where you sit back and watch other players in an online lobby.
The idea sounds epic. :cheers: But knowing what PD promise vs what PD deliver, I'm keeping my expectations low.

We could also talk about GT Live mode. The very concept of it is something that's completely unheard of in literally any other game.

Not really, no. iRacing has had a similar spectator mode for years, and the pro series is usually commentated.

The fancy graphics are cute (actually, they're brilliant, I really like them), but that's about it.

Apart from watching a commentated race on iRacing, you can also act as your friend's spotter, or join the race as a ghost.

Are you seriously quoting something I myself edited before it went live?

:lol:

I think @Imari already covered this pretty thoroughly.

From the official Gran Turismo website:
You can watch live broadcasts of these races in real TV-like format, with spot-on course cameras and even live commentary!

Are they expecting us to provide the commentary? The wording of some things on the website is confusing.

Guys know what just hit me? There wont be a Dodge Viper in this game.. Think is the first GT that wont have one.. was really hoping for that C7-R vs GTS-R battle :(

Strictly speaking, we don't know that yet. It's entirely possible PD includes the racing Viper, or creates a fantasy one heavily influenced by it.

Does that mean "soon" :P

It does!

The poor little thing's fan has been buzzing away for a while now. I don't want to short-change those that have waited though, so it's been a slow process ensuring I get the best-quality output. 👍

The poor little thing's fan has been buzzing away for a while now. I don't want to short-change those that have waited though, so it's been a slow process ensuring I get the best-quality output. 👍

Do what I do, elevate the laptop on a roll of duct tape . More ventilation :lol:

From the official Gran Turismo website:

Are they expecting us to provide the commentary? The wording of some things on the website is confusing.

They can implement an auto commentary (not voice but sentences) like Championship Manager or something like that. It would be a first step. But yeah we have no idea what this means atm.

They can implement an auto commentary (not voice but sentences) like Championship Manager or something like that. It would be a first step. But yeah we have no idea what this means atm.

The first thing that pops into my mind is the type of commentary you see in games like Fifa and Madden. The commentary in NHL 16 is pretty good, and you could avoid needing to use peoples names by using the name/number of the car. I would be happy with that sort of system.

Just in from work...can someone give me the lowdown from what weve learned today...please.
I would say to give it some time after the presentation (it won't be streamed) and we'll learn more. Track and car lists haven't been released. We don't know about weather or time change (yet). It's quite a percentage of GT Sport that hasn't been disclosed.

I don't think we will learn most of it today. Probably not even at E3. Personally, I think it would be a huge mistake for PD/Sony to skip out on 6 years in a row.

I'll add this: the GTS build they're using today isn't the same as what we saw yesterday. Visually, there's a noticeable parity between "AWE" and "OHHH MANNN."

Edit -

This leads me to believe that the final months of development is more significant than what I was expecting when we heard Kaz yesterday state it was 50% done.

Last edited:
Back