Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Hmm, having spent two hours this morning driving around the Ring in Asseto Corsa in VR in an MX-5 that doesn't look that great in terms of the driving. Very minimal amounts of steering input needed it seems which is a bit odd.

GT has always had that since GT5. The arms just don't turn the wheel as much as they should. It's an animation issue rather than a physics one and is the reason why I don't like and can't use the interior view in GT whereas in AC I can.

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/278/1278049/
http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20160520_758464.html

A Report from a japanese magazine。In fact,there was only “Arcade mode” in london。

There are some assist options in the unveiled build 。If you turn them off,the driving will be punishing。

In the arcade mode of GTS,don‘t let your wheel leave the course when you are cornering without the help of assist option。As a punishment ,your car will begin to spin at that time。

Last edited:
Im not sure if its been mentioned, I apolygise if it has, my question, could anyone access the livery editor from any of the builds? Also, did anyone spot any clues to how many "layers" it allows one to apply (from the trailer/promo pics/ leaks etc).

No, there was no access to the livery editor. The only accessible part of the game was Arcade Mode.

Interestingly, and for reasons I don't understand, during the ~half hour presentation - when things like Museum and Scapes got 5 minutes or so - the Livery Editor part went like this:

"There's a livery editor. It has everything you'd expect from a livery editor."

...and that was it.

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/278/1278049/
http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20160520_758464.html

A Report from a japanese magazine。In fact,there was only “Arcade mode” in london。

There are some assist options in the unveiled build 。If you turn them off,the driving will be punishing。

In the arcade mode of GTS,don‘t let your wheel leave the course when you are cornering without the help of assist option。As a punishment of unreal driving,your car will begin to spin at that time。
What is unreal driving? What does that mean?

So we finally have what looks like a decent GT3 line-up, only all the cars are from different years... I don't know how often the regulations change in GT3, but even so, it should've been a no brainer to stick to one year, rather than mixing 2011 GT3 cars with ones from 2016.

GT has always had that since GT5. The arms just don't turn the wheel as much as they should. It's an animation issue rather than a physics one and is the reason why I don't like and can't use the interior view in GT whereas in AC I can.
Never noticed it that bad before in GT5 or 6. Also anyone know what tyres were being used in the vid.

Roo
No, there was no access to the livery editor. The only accessible part of the game was Arcade Mode.

Interestingly, and for reasons I don't understand, during the ~half hour presentation - when things like Museum and Scapes got 5 minutes or so - the Livery Editor part went like this:

"There's a livery editor. It has everything you'd expect from a livery editor."

...and that was it.

Yeah I noticed that weird gloss-over of the livery editor too. Almost like the mode has personally insulted him or something and he was in a mood with it :)

A bit awkward.

I checked the mode myself, and it's present, with the multiple options for sections of the car and whatnot, but you can't access any of them.

More generally, I think we will get something fuller about GTS at E3, and as another member mentioned, a steady drip feed of updates until release.

This was the thing I was moaning about before the reveal, PD's lack of transparency, but they've countered that impressively with this huge, open event, with GTP involved. Really like this new attitude. And cool to see the PD team on stage - they got a good round of applause!

So we finally have what looks like a decent GT3 line-up, only all the cars are from different years... I don't know how often the regulations change in GT3, but even so, it should've been a no brainer to stick to one year, rather than mixing 2011 GT3 cars with ones from 2016.
I agree and if all these cars in each group are going to be truly competitive then surely the stats have to have been somewhat fudged to make it so. Can anyone who was at the even tell us if they drove cars from the same group on the same track and if so was there much variance in lap time or where they very competitive with each other.

Have to say, kudos to Evolution, granted they're going for less FPS and less cars on screen but the fact PD aren't blowing them out of the water with the extra core unlocked, bigger budget and longer dev time shows how talented they are.

There's a lot more information still to come. I will say one thing to cause a stir: something that just began has yet to finish; not even halfway through, and more are coming - perhaps even a second or third.

Get teased.
E3 Show? new build new features new infos?

Have to say, kudos to Evolution, granted they're going for less FPS and less cars on screen but the fact PD aren't blowing them out of the water with the extra core unlocked, bigger budget and longer dev time shows how talented they are.
It's a bit hilarious these comparisons between GTS and Driveclub. Meaning how disastrous and flamed the DC's first miles were. GTS has a fine start compared to DC's. But of course, DC's epilogue was brilliant. It's a great game, don't get me wrong. I still enjoy it.

I'd like to create a summary of everything we've seen.

-Physics: seem the best part of the game, everyone who tried it agrees it is a decent step up especially in the aero model, and with PD still tweaking the tyre physics it's good news on that front.

-Graphics: pretty good step up again after seeing the direct footage, they still need to work on the AA, FPS drops and shadows/ environment, but with 6 months to go it is expected.

-Sound: Nope still a let down, not enough of progress and the lack of crackles,pops, brake squeals and transmission whine is a letdown, they said they're still doing it but the same was said before GT6 launched

-AI: More human like now, step up again but way too passive and slow for the higher difficulties.

-UI: great stuff there, high quality work and snappy as well.

-Livery editor: yayyyyyy it's there, will wait for more information as I think it will be restrictive but good first step.

-Photomode: Fantastic, can't wait to dig in.

Edit: bet @Terronium-12 is teasing the private Q&A.

No extra core, bigger budget or longer dev time can overcome the difference in power available when you're targeting 30 and 60 fps. DC literally has twice the amount of time to render all the effects. Some of you have very vague understanding of realtime graphics it seems.

No extra core, bigger budget or longer dev time can overcome the difference in power available when you're targeting 30 and 60 fps. DC literally has twice the amount of time to render all the effects. Some of you have very vague understanding of realtime graphics it seems.

Last gen PD were doing a lot more than most racing games at double the FPS so yeah it happens.

Now since GT Sport has a grading system for not just car power, but also physical attributes (aero packages), it will be very interesting to see what types of cars we get in the Gr.1, Gr.3, Gr.4, and N-series.

But if GT went outside the current FIA system and also expanded to other current racing series, I could also see the ranking system like this in GT Sport:

• Gr.1: LMP1, VGT racing prototypes and high powered VGT GT touring cars, NASCAR
  • Gr.2: LMP2, GT500, LMGTE
  • Gr.3: GT3, GT300
  • Gr.4: GT4, Rally
  • N-Series: All street legal cars and VGT's (balanced by performance points).

Back