Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Did you notice guys that while loading a race, it's probably video playback with car you selected?
It's impossible to load a whole track in one second.
If so - that is very clever and beautiful solution. All possible combinations of tracks and cars, including time change won't eat too much space on BD because movies are short. (1-2gb for all at most).
Also they are perfect 60fps :)
Anyway - great menu design and music. Just perfect. 👍

Gran Turismo Sport - even loading screen is art :lol:
Burh loading screens take notes eat your heart out other games:lol::lol:

We made it overcast in Tokyo, so you can have grey with your grey while you drive your grey car on our new special grey edition PS4.

GT Sport: The Real Grey Simulator.

Come on, Tokyo Expressway gets relevant when we know we can race it at night. Because SHUTOKOU BATORU~ :D

Well well a few newsbits found in the Master Car / track topic that make me very happy :D

• Peugeot 208 GTI
  • Peugeot RCZ GroupB
  • Peugeot 908 HDI FAP
  • Peugeot Vision GT GR.3
Probably the non racecars will have a few different variations as well like the RCZ GR.3 / GR.4 and the 208 GR.4 :)

.....and I can't wait to slap a livery on that Vision GT GR.3 :bowdown:

Oh and the FFSA is on board with Gran Turismo and they organise the GT Tour of which the official RCZ Racing Cup is part of as a supporting series. Wonder if we will see some French tracks like Paul Ricard or Charade.

Last edited:
To those asking for Gamersyde videos, I'll see what I can do.
Excellent:cheers: To anyone that really wants to see what the graphics will look like at home, downloading a video from Gamersyde and playing it at home is the way to go. It blew me away with Project Cars and I suspect this will be no different.

Yeah. Looks like it. Great way of loading! :)

Edit:
I thought a bit about that.

Car is loaded already while you select it. Than we have a track selection with few seconds loading icon, if it were pre-rendered we wouldn't see loading at all. It seems "scapes" think are rendered at this point, with preview of track with car you selected.
What happens next I'm not sure...:)
Nothing happens, that's it. Both track selection and track loading screens work in the same way: 3D model of the car superimposed to 2D images of the track. In those 1-2 seconds of loading time the game just needs to load the images, place the car on the scene and adjust the lighting.
Once you are in the pre-race screen you can see the actual 3D track (because the camera moves around and there's depth to the scene, instead of simple pannings).

I'm curious to see how it works in different weather conditions and time of day. ToD could be adjusted by changing exposure value, while there could be several images for each weather condition.
Or it could just have a default ToD/weather that doesn't change, like in GT6 loading screen.

For those wondering how the loading screens are done, I assume it's an animated video/GIF and the car runs around the course riding on an invisible road that is fixed to the road depicted in the animation. Scapes might be using this form of technology as well.

First two videos are done.

458 GT3 - Nurb
Menu Navigation - 1080/60 is about 83% processed, so you might want to wait a bit for this one.

I know I said this to @SlipZtrEm but....

7uFdGdA.jpg

Is fair to love both of you?

Indeed, I really hope they don't force you to do the beginner stuff to progress, I have a feeling they will though. Surely they have to recognise not everyone playing is a beginner and needs to learn the correct line through a basic corner.

Back