Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
One thing I cannot understand is why they didn't put AMG GT GT3 version instead of old SLS AMG GT3 and they have street AMG GT...
Really weird...

One thing I cannot understand is why they didn't put AMG GT GT3 version instead of old SLS AMG GT3 and they have street AMG GT...
Really weird...

I actually quite like the SLS GT3 though. We get this instead of the AMG GT GT3 probably because it was already modelled for this game prior to the presentation of the latter, so they didn't add that because it would create two Mercs in the exact same categorie, taking time and effort for other cars from other brands and /or other categories. But this is just me with my two cents on the matter.

Great googly moogly!

Great Scot!

Yoh yoh yoh!

Eish, this raw footage is clear gents :eek:

Becareful though, RIP Data Plan.

Though my PC can't seem to handle it nicely, I'll watch it on the PS4 in a bit.

First two videos are done.

458 GT3 - Nurb
Menu Navigation - 1080/60 is about 83% processed, so you might want to wait a bit for this one.

I keep getting this screen:

Gamersyde Screen.png

The loading screen animation is an update of the images that were shown in arcade mode of Gran Turismo 2 where it appeared the car selected by the player superimposed on the circuit where you were going to run.

Nice spot, brings memories. Though I think it was always the same background, not the actual venue you ran on.

Hi the gran Turismo sport is not a beta right?

Jokes aside, the unveiling event you witnessed was pretty much the beta. A beta that we can actually download onto our PS4 unfortunately is not gonna happen as announced at the said event.

Nice spot, brings memories. Though I think it was always the same background, not the actual venue you ran on.

Humm, you are right. The backgrounds were diverse but all of them were variations in framing and angle of a generic road, a fence and a hill with bushes. I'm not an expert but perhaps the small data necessary to build that bit of scenary was loaded into memory and the image layout was built on the fly.

I took a look at the Gamersyde vids now on the PS4. Managed to download them before the site clunked out.

I thought it was my PC at first but in the vids there's a lot of stuttering. I dunno whether it's the vids or what. Could be the beta.

Though I will say thus far the game to me looks like a finely polished version of Project CARS.

I'd like to see how PD will optimise the game.

Humm, you are right. The backgrounds were diverse but all of them were variations in framing and angle of a generic road, a fence and a hill with bushes. I'm not an expert but perhaps the small data necessary to build that bit of scenary was loaded into memory and the image layout was built on the fly.

If I recall right, there was even a hack that allowed swapping the car model with that map model, and drive it around :lol:

Only this lunch time I was thinking how cool it was that so many gameplay videos were turning up on the news page, and that this seemed unusual for PD but surely legit, as being shared by GTP...but hmmm perhaps I should save the videos to be safe? Get home to find PD/Sony have had them removed. Nothing changes.

Back