Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Back on the subject of GT Sport's sales:

Considering how Black Friday and Christmas are within a month-and-a-half of GTS's release, and how this is a GT game we're talking about; by January 1st, 2017, the game should sell 1.2 - 1.5 million copies at the maximum.

Many people purchase Gran Turismo titles because of the fact that it is Gran Turismo - the supposed 'hallmark' of the racing genre.

More dislikes :indiff:

Don't worry, part of those dislikes are because of the lack of audio. The rest is just from (hardcore) Sim Racing fans. It's pretty much the same as a GT vídeo in a Forza or PCars youtube channel... people disliking "just because".

Am i the only one who thinks this whole ''GT S*cks because of vacuum cleaner sounds'' is nothing more than a trend bandwagon? just like how everybody hops on anti-justin bieber bandwagon because someone said ''he sings like a little girl''?
Exactly!!

Its a combination of both PD´s inability to adress the issues we already know repeatedly and those who base their opinions on generalized statements not even bothering to give the product even a careful analysis (hence the bandwagon).

Unfortunately Gran Turismo is on a downward spiral when it comes to its popularity and perceived quality. It is what it is and as much as some of us don´t like it will probably only get worse .

Is it wrong that I'm more excited by this than GT Sport?

Its a combination of both PD´s inability to adress the issues we already know repeatedly and those who base their opinions on generalized statements not even bothering to give the product even a careful analysis (hence the bandwagon).

Unfortunately Gran Turismo is on a downward spiral when it comes to its popularity and perceived quality. It is what it is and as much as some of us don´t like it will probably only get worse .

I might be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure the reason why GTS has had so much negative feedback including their PR damage control censor everything is because for 6 months, we had absolutely no updates at all. Most people here didn't even know the beta was cancelled until we found some quote from not a PD employee, but by some random commentator. There's a reason why it's called beta and not final release. Have the fans help develop the game, not hide in an isolated box thinking that everything you've done for the last 15+ years is the same formula for the next 5 years. Remember that Q&A from 3 years ago that Kaz was going to answer? Yeah it never happened. There is no excuse for "language barrier" anymore since PD now has offices all over the world, and their PitStop blog definitely doesn't give them an excuse.
Rant over.

Last edited:
Am i the only one who thinks this whole ''GT S*cks because of vacuum cleaner sounds'' is nothing more than a trend bandwagon? just like how everybody hops on anti-justin bieber bandwagon because someone said ''he sings like a little girl''?
Maybe you are.

The sound issue has been around for a long time. I guess when ever a new GT comes along (Quite rare in modern standards) people expect an improvement.

When there's not one people groan. I'm not too bothered by it. However it's a bit of a joke that they can't nail it.

At least Forza Apex will be announced for PS4 at E3

greenawaltegkw5.gif
When i finished to play GT Sport (about 2 years) i will buy Forza 6 [i don't have time to play 2 games at the same time]

My prediction on sales: It will sell less than usual on the first months, but if the game happens to be really good and enjoyable (and gets good reviews), then it will sell a lot afterwards. Right now there is this image of the game being just a prologue, I know people who won't buy it just because of that. But as I said, if the game is good and does not feel short on content, they will end up buying.

Maybe you are.

The sound issue has been around for a long time. I guess when ever a new GT comes along (Quite rare in modern standards) people expect an improvement.

When there's not one people groan. I'm not too bothered by it. However it's a bit of a joke that they can't nail it.
I Have to admit that GT Sport's sounds still needs lots of improvement, but seriously, it doesn't sound like Vacuum Cleaners anymore.

Maybe you are.

But there is one, the sound is decidedly better than it was in GT6 - it's not perfect yet by any means but it's a step in the right direction and still a work in progress.
Edit: tree'd

With respect, GT's sounds have been inconsistent since at least Gran Turismo 4. GT5 was the one where I noticed that there are some great sounding cars but they were overshadowed with how many terrible sounds there were. 6 brought us many new and, indeed, good engine sounds, but it was still far from perfect.

Without sarcasm and/or the intention to start a war - all I heard in Sport were new sound samples. And it's raaaaather different from overall sound quality.

The sounds are still flat and lifeless, so to say. No echo, no backfire on downshifts, acceleration-off revs are still weird. And they are exactly the same in every camera view. Even direct feed videos didn't really help me to get rid of that feeling; cars just sound plain. It seems PD still use the same technique for recording car sounds. Tire noises are still infuriating (with the exception of those from MX-5 on Brands Hatch, that one was really nice) and far too loud.

That's just my opinion. I really am not trying to hate on PD but they really need to step it up with sounds. I won't bear another Murcielago sharing its sound with the Gallardo :indiff:

That said, GT Sport still outclasses GT6 when it comes to car sounds. I hope PD can improve even further than that, let's wait and see what they can squeeze out of PS4 👍

With respect, GT's sounds have been inconsistent since at least Gran Turismo 4. GT5 was the one where I noticed that there are some great sounding cars but they were overshadowed with how many terrible sounds there were. 6 brought us many new and, indeed, good engine sounds, but it was still far from perfect.

Without sarcasm and/or the intention to start a war - all I heard in Sport were new sound samples. And it's raaaaather different from overall sound quality.

The sounds are still flat and lifeless, so to say. No echo, no backfire on downshifts, acceleration-off revs are still weird. And they are exactly the same in every camera view. Even direct feed videos didn't really help me to get rid of that feeling; cars just sound plain. It seems PD still use the same technique for recording car sounds. Tire noises are still infuriating (with the exception of those from MX-5 on Brands Hatch, that one was really nice) and far too loud.

That's just my opinion. I really am not trying to hate on PD but they really need to step it up with sounds. I won't bear another Murcielago sharing its sound with the Gallardo :indiff:

That said, GT Sport still outclasses GT6 when it comes to car sounds. I hope PD can improve even further than that, let's wait and see what they can squeeze out of PS4 👍
Agree, like i said before, the sounds are really bad when compared to Hardcore Simulators like Asseto Corsa or Project Cars but it's waaaay better when compared to GT6 and people still says it's sounds like Vacuum Cleaners.

Again, this was a beta version, all those nuances could already be being worked on and just not ready for that version of the beta yet. I agree the sounds are still quite lifeless but at least the base engine sound samples are much better so that's a good starting point. Whether or not PD see fit to add tunnel echo, gearbox whine etc... remains to be seen though.

But there is one, the sound is decidedly better than it was in GT6 - it's not perfect yet by any means but it's a step in the right direction and still a work in progress.
Edit: tree'd

I'm not sure about the "right direction" to be honest. Right direction would be simulating shifting sounds and mechanical noises.

GT6 sounds "on steroids" are not "right direction" to me.

"it's a beta/alpha and they may add all those things while improving even further the engine note"

Now this I guess is a matter of being optimistic or pessimistic/realistic about PD. I am totally not expecting any of those things to be added because GT5 and 6 didn't had those things and neither does GTS after 2,5 years of development, hiring more sound experts and admitting the sound is not good enough.

Back