Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
7HO
Ah but that isn't true and just reading through this thread or many others will demonstrate that misunderstandings that lead to conflict happen all the time. I prefer to attempt not to be the cause by adding supporting information and I think people should do that. Then if people do misunderstand me only because they failed to read my post that is not my fault.

See right here you have proved my points to both you and @SlipZtrEm because you both did the same thing. And I said to him not to be misled by the number of items in this list and explained why. And he had a go at me for doing it. And I explained why. And here we are with you doing the exact same thing after the post you quoted also explained these things.

So before you got up me for something you didn't even read.

It is exactly that I was addressing. I said don't be misled by the number of items, you told me you were not because you are the editor. I explained why I thought so and before you told me that I misread you you proved me correct by confirming I was right the first time. It is astonishing that you have quoted that in the same post you confirmed both your misunderstanding and the very thing you quoted. You do perceive the 7 to 3 instead of the content. My whole point of explaining iRacing to you is to show that regardless of how it is weighted the fact that it mentions race distance is what really matters.

The article contains all the information that is required but you seem to be struggling to put it together. In this system you are put against drivers who have been scored the same as you. In that regard it is nothing like iRacing. What this means is the weight of those 7 things mean nothing because they are weighed the same for everyone. What is more important are the 3 factors which are the actual deciding factors because simply driving longer without incident will offset the damage done.

But now due to your misunderstanding you have got up me for something I didn't do. I'm not saying I know how they are weighed as you just accused me, I'm saying the 7 are not as significant as just 1 of the 3 no matter how they a weighed because the 7 are the same for all but the 3 are variable and the 1 I mentioned is the most significant.

I wish you'd take your own advice and we wouldn't be having this back and forth since I addressed all this and it was the main reason I included the iRacing references and the remarks about Kaz are also relevant because I understood you. So since the iRacing references were not enough I will add another reference, driver grades in FIA racing go down.

Everything points to a fluid and adaptable rating system, there has been nothing to remotely suggest you will attain a level and be stuck there. All of the supporting evidence I provided leads to a system like iRacing except with fundamental improvements over the biggest issues. The system can't work as described if once you receive an A class you get to hold it forever. The A is just there so people don't see a score they feel they need to focus on. Like I said the similarities to iRacing combined with the way the flaws have been addressed (and I should have said 3 biggest issues) are beyond coincidence. Kaz has clearly done his homework, this is an improved iRacing system and I know that remains to be seen but I'm 100% confident it is, it is just the implementation that can break it and that isn't weight, it is how loosely the matchmaking is applied.

How well did the system work when you played GT Sport?

Had to do it. Considering everything :lol::lol:

0001--1372778.png

And he's right...
I don't think it's too complex to type, "I just want GTS to be a good racing game."

I can't imagine GTS being the only major racing game without Porsche's. I'm staying cautiously optimistic for that one.

AC showed only real life footage so maybe they will start to build the cars now. Which make sense because why would you build a car before getting the license for it.

Maybe PD also got the license but seeing as the cars need to be build first and it takes more than 6 months to build a car there's no point in shouting about it so early.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Porsche's in all 3 (or more) games around the same time.

Last edited:
why would you build a car before getting the license for it
Depending of the car tho, someone in my profile said to me about the Gr.B Mustang "They already knew about it way before the game came out. Devs don't just magically pop cars out with out the Marque not knowing." Knowing I'm talking about a fictional car (Gr.B Mustang), maybe PD had it modelled already. Same thing can happen to Porsche, PD maybe has already modelled some porsches (real and fictional models) and they will show them on the license request. More even, maybe Porsche could make a VGT

Depending of the car tho, someone in my profile said to me about the Gr.B Mustang "They already knew about it way before the game came out. Devs don't just magically pop cars out with out the Marque not knowing." Knowing we are talking about a fictional car, maybe PD had it modelled already. Same thing can happen to Porsche, PD maybe has already modelled some porsches (real and fictional models) and they will show them on the license request. More even, maybe Porsche could make a VGT
I believe that was me :lol: A plan could have been in the works for a bit, for all we know. When we get these release video from these other games it's likely that the plan was in development for a good amount of time, and it either finally got it's approval. It's quite possible that approval was probably long before those videos as well.

If they are actually coming to GTS, they'd probably want to hold onto the info for some time and wait until a date that is closer to release to build up pre-release hype.

Maybe PD also got the license but seeing as the cars need to be build first and it takes more than 6 months to build a car there's no point in shouting about it so early.
I think this.
Porsche showing its new Panamera. The 919 winning LeMans. The 718 and new Boxster. GT3 911. It's going to take PD a while to model those.

Edit: okay @ImaRobot "I believe that was me :lol: A plan could have been in the works for a bit, for all we know. When we get these release video from these other games it's likely that the plan was in development for a good amount of time, and it either finally got it's approval. It's quite possible that approval was probably long before those videos as well.

If they are actually coming to GTS, they'd probably want to hold onto the info for some time and wait until a date that is closer to release to build up pre-release hype." 👍 I can see this as well.

I was watching some of the stream today.
Didn't spot anything GT related and haven't found anything on the net yet.

Closest I got was seeing some people playing in Forza pods. :sly:

Evening Gents, Just returned from Goodwood, What a muddy humid day! Wasn't my favourite FOS by all means... But I have some GT Sport Information to share!

Good News is that GT Sport is present at Goodwood FOS this weekend, FIA have set up a Stand themselves displaying One Pod of GT Sport. At the time It was set at Brands Hatch GP with the Bugatti Vision GT Car. I decided to wait It out till lunch time and the stand became very quiet and I jumped on asked If I could change some settings and run a different track/car combo, I hoped on to Nurburgring cheekily & Tried the New Hyundai Genesis GR.3 Car as seen in the previous Off Screen Footage. I got my other half to film the lap so this will get uploaded to YouTube tomorrow as BT have screwed My Broadband yet again!

This Build was the latest one visible at E3 2016, Has the New Updated Lap Counter/Fastest Laps Displayed in the Bottom Left Hand Corner etc. & The Sounds in this Build felt a lot more stronger. The Demo also felt more stable which is great news. The Hyundai Handles great around the Ring and visually coming along quite nicely.

I asked the PlayStation Team about PD's Presence here this weekend and they informed me that they were on Site but Kaz is back as Base in Japan I believe.

There is also another 2 Pods Set Up at the VW Stand, These are Equipped to Celebrate VW's 40th Anniversary with the Golf GTI, So you can expect the Car Combo to be Fixed to this, Again same Build as above. Both Builds progressed along since the London Unveiling Event that a lot of us have attended. ITV were also Filming something which Included GT Sport which will be apparently be on UK TV but I have no details on when this will Air. I also Spotted Roisin Hogan on the GT Sport Pod she was getting the Full Works Treatment in how to Race on the Pod, She was The Apprentice 2014 Contestant so I noticed her quite quickly If I wasn't mistaken!

No other GT Sport Pods are set up anywhere at the Event from what I discovered but if you are about this Weekend head down to the Stands and check them out!

According to a Kunos tweet I read after the Porsche licence was announced EA still has the deal with Porsche and Kunos' deal is a special deal with porsche directly. i don't see PD pulling off the same kind deal.

I can't imagine GTS being the only major racing game without Porsche's. I'm staying cautiously optimistic for that one.

AC showed only real life footage so maybe they will start to build the cars now. Which make sense because why would you build a car before getting the license for it.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Porsche's in all 3 (or more) games around the same time.
If you read the release statement from Kunos literally there is nothing in it that precludes Gran Turismo Sport from having Porsches at release.

Evening Gents, Just returned from Goodwood, What a muddy humid day! Wasn't my favourite FOS by all means... But I have some GT Sport Information to share!

Good News is that GT Sport is present at Goodwood FOS this weekend, FIA have set up a Stand themselves displaying One Pod of GT Sport. At the time It was set at Brands Hatch GP with the Bugatti Vision GT Car. I decided to wait It out till lunch time and the stand became very quiet and I jumped on asked If I could change some settings and run a different track/car combo, I hoped on to Nurburgring cheekily & Tried the New Hyundai Genesis GR.3 Car as seen in the previous Off Screen Footage. I got my other half to film the lap so this will get uploaded to YouTube tomorrow as BT have screwed My Broadband yet again!

This Build was the latest one visible at E3 2016, Has the New Updated Lap Counter/Fastest Laps Displayed in the Bottom Left Hand Corner etc. & The Sounds in this Build felt a lot more stronger. The Demo also felt more stable which is great news. The Hyundai Handles great around the Ring and visually coming along quite nicely.

I asked the PlayStation Team about PD's Presence here this weekend and they informed me that they were on Site but Kaz is back as Base in Japan I believe.

There is also another 2 Pods Set Up at the VW Stand, These are Equipped to Celebrate VW's 40th Anniversary with the Golf GTI, So you can expect the Car Combo to be Fixed to this, Again same Build as above. Both Builds progressed along since the London Unveiling Event that a lot of us have attended. ITV were also Filming something which Included GT Sport which will be apparently be on UK TV but I have no details on when this will Air. I also Spotted Roisin Hogan on the GT Sport Pod she was getting the Full Works Treatment in how to Race on the Pod, She was The Apprentice 2014 Contestant so I noticed her quite quickly If I wasn't mistaken!

No other GT Sport Pods are set up anywhere at the Event from what I discovered but if you are about this Weekend head down to the Stands and check them out!

How did the frame rate feel using it in person?

I can see it too:

Gr.N: Panamera
Gr.1: 919 Hybrid or a Porsche VGT
Gr.3: 991 GT3 or 918 RSR
Gr.4: Cayman GT4 (possibly) or 918 spider
Gr.B: 991 Gr. B

Nah, not like that.
Gr.1: 919
Gr.3: 911 GT3 RSR (991 most likely)
Gr.4: Could be anything from a tuned Cayman or Boxter, to a 911 GT3 (road version), Cayman GT4
Gr.N: Could be any car from Gr.4 but stock, or a 918 Spyder, or any 911, or... or...
I think the Panamera is the less likely option sinse it's the less suited to race and is the less loved modern Porsche.

How did the frame rate feel using it in person?

Frame Rate felt more improved than the London Unveiling Build. It was steady and there wasn't jaggies/screen tearing that I had encountered on the London Build. I noticed It more on the Ring from the last Build so I wanted to test the same on the ring, The Cockpit also seemed a lot more brighter but this may have been because of the car choice. Too early to tell still!

Gran Turismo Sport looks very desirable, but I think for now I will pass on it. If I had a say in the next Gran Turismo game on the PS4. I would take the graphics and physics of Gran Turismo Sport, and combine it with race structure, car selection, track list, and music of Gran Turismo 4. It would be the perfect Gran Turismo game. :)

Gran Turismo 4 had the Jay Leno tank car and the Daimler motor carriage!

GT4 was for me far the better of the GT games and I have heard so many people say the same, so why PD don't listen and make the game as GT CHICKEN says I don't know.
I know progress is inevitable and some of the stuff in 5&6 were great like Goodwood but GT4 was such a proven winner with the end user why not keep the new games on the same wavelength with a few extras like Goodwood.
The Senna bit and the Redbull racing bit in gt6 were stale to say the least,
And when can we expect a full on Drag Strip for the cars we tune? straight quarter mile or depending on what cars can be tuned to what capability more length in the strip.

And when can we expect a full on Drag Strip for the cars we tune? straight quarter mile or depending on what cars can be tuned to what capability more length in the strip.

Considering GTS in more of an eSports centric game compared to the rest of the series and has a vast amount of VGT's/Racing cars compared to production cars, I wouldn't bet on GTS having a drag strip.

You'll probably have to wait until GT7 for something like that.

Or, if you really crave a drag strip, Forza 6 has a few.

Considering GTS in more of an eSports centric game compared to the rest of the series and has a vast amount of VGT's/Racing cars compared to production cars, I wouldn't bet on GTS having a drag strip.

Although, being an eSports "racing" game.
I'd like to see the Test Course make a return.
It really was a great tool for setting up your car and logging data against changes in aero and brake strength, etc.

Dear Kaz,

Seeing as though there's been an abundance of T300RS wheels at the last few events, I'd like to buy one, discounted of course. Maybe one where a Nations Cup winner has blessed the wheel with his hands so some metaphysical talent left on the wheel can rub off onto me too?

Sincerely,
T300RS wheels are expensive here and you guys are doing fine so I'd buy one off your hands.

Don't you start text-walling too!

Can we have a word limit on posts please? ;)
I do try to limit myself:ouch:. Outside of the Opinions and Current Events Forum I don't read most posts longer than a couple of paragraphs myself and I'm pretty sure most other people don't either.:sly:. I plugged a couple of my paragraphs into Slips readability link and I'm averaging 60-70 so at least I'm understandable!:lol:

I'm just posting here to share the decision I made to not respond to the posts and I'm happy for people to think whatever they wish in regards to that. I stopped responding because of only one person and I'm sure some people will be able to work out that on their own. I have sent that person a PM instead of replying in this thread.

As a person who has been both a mod of a very small team on a significant site and an admin of my own I realised that if I was a mod here I would have done something about the behaviour, instead I'm doing the only thing I can do, I can't give this guy a holiday but I can take away the opportunity by not posting in this thread for a bit. It is a pity certain people are allowed to behave this way in this community. Perhaps if that person has a shred of decency they can take something from my response here and review their behaviour.

This thread is quickly turning into a massive wall of text. It seems as though that half the thread contains posts from @7HO :lol:

Honestly, I don't even read every post anymore. However, I never did so that doesn't matter. If PD was to one day have Porsche in their game, I would be amused for days. I've never driven a Porsche in a full-on sim racing game (well, maybe once or twice), it would really be an incredible experience.

7HO
I'm just posting here to share the decision I made to not respond to the posts and I'm happy for people to think whatever they wish in regards to that. I stopped responding because of only one person and I'm sure some people will be able to work out that on their own. I have sent that person a PM instead of replying in this thread.

As a person who has been both a mod of a very small team on a significant site and an admin of my own I realised that if I was a mod here I would have done something about the behaviour, instead I'm doing the only thing I can do, I can't give this guy a holiday but I can take away the opportunity by not posting in this thread for a bit. It is a pity certain people are allowed to behave this way in this community. Perhaps if that person has a shred of decency they can take something from my response here and review their behaviour.

The problem here is that you're not making much sense, you say we shouldn't judge things we know nothing about, then all of a sudden you give us a lengthy explanation of something you don't know about, either. You are claiming things will be the way you say based on nothing, I mean they barely explained the sportmanship system, but somehow you already know how well it's going to work.

No news from Goodwood or Pikes Peak? Even if Poly is one of the main sponsors : Poly logic. I think no more news before Gamescom. The lack of damage and a lame collision engine are the weakest points IMO. I have no worries about audio because we won't see a revolution with GTSport, still with flat sounds, too clean.

The problem here is that you're not making much sense, you say we shouldn't judge things we know nothing about, then all of a sudden you give us a lengthy explanation of something you don't know about, either. You are claiming things will be the way you say based on nothing, I mean they barely explained the sportmanship system, but somehow you already know how well it's going to work.

I dont wanna to be rude but he sounds like he already played GTS for years when the facts is GTS wasnt even release.

No news from Goodwood or Pikes Peak? Even if Poly is one of the main sponsors : Poly logic. I think no more news before Gamescom. The lack of damage and a lame collision engine are the weakest points IMO. I have no worries about audio because we won't see a revolution with GTSport, still with flat sounds, too clean.

I saw this video yesterday, Bruno Langlois motorcycle at Pikes Peak! and on his helmet ... There is the Gran Turismo logo ..

upload_2016-6-24_9-14-7.png

Back