Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
I can't shake the feeling this 300-400 cars bit is going to be a topic in about a year or so.... "Remember when Kaz said he'd add 300 cars after release?"

Then we all conplain about it. How many times have thing been lost in translation? I believe this will not be true. But then again I would love to be surprised and be proven wrong

Well done for editing out the part of my post where I was replying to someone talking about reselling content as DLC.

Free stuff is free. Some people might complain about it but I don't think you'd find many given that most seemed to be of the opinion that the GT6 premiums were PS4 ready.

Yeah I missed the quote where he said reselling, you didn't mention it. But DLC doesn't mean paid and I am sure the original rumor wouldn't said paid anyway. There is no story here.

Btw one thing came to my mind, does anybody here play the previous GT driving full manual mode? i would be surprise if whether the stupid clutch model will be updated to a more realistic clutch model thou. or does clutch even existed in GTS :P

me an my friends on gt6 are more of a manual transmission bunch of guys.

So far I have seen no evidence of it. Seems just like it was with auto clutch and auto rev matching. Really hope they change this aspect.

Last edited by a moderator:
And the 400 cars situation. I'm not too sure what to think of it, but I hope it's enough to fill up each class including the rally class.

Kaz mentioned rally in the interview actually, something about modelling different types of dirt. Could be interesting... Looking forward to the rally stuff.

@nasanu - Yet again, don't double post. Use the Edit feature.

I've been thinking about this all day, and this 500 car business still leaves me with a blank. If PD plans on getting another 260-360 cars out in a year or two, there's really only three possible explanations:
  • Even accounting for recent hires, the team has gotten massively more efficient at modelling cars (no more six months per car). If this is the case, one has to wonder why the game is launching with 140 cars after three years.
  • They've resorted to outsourcing (which I'm completely okay with).
  • They're simply exaggerating this "from the ground up" stuff, and these are PS3 assets. Possibly slightly touched up, I suppose. If that's the case, there's a whole new bunch of questions:
    • If these are PS3 assets, would they be included for free? If so... why wait?
    • If they're not going to be free — and I seriously doubt such a huge swell of cars would be — I expect a huge backlash from people for having to pay for old content, especially on such a massive scale.
    • Wouldn't announcing this so early all but confirm this is a case of "intentionally withheld content for post-release"?
    • So many PS3 Premiums wouldn't fit into the rigid structure of GT Sport's classes.
Oh, and regardless of how the models are made, if it's paid DLC, the sheer number of them means PD will have to seriously undercut the genre average of $1 per car. Otherwise, the DLC could all cost as much as a PS4 itself!

Our article on the subject is now live on the front page. Thanks again @Yui-san!

I've been thinking about this all day, and this 500 car business still leaves me with a blank. If PD plans on getting another 260-360 cars out in a year or two, there's really only three possible explanations:
  • Even accounting for recent hires, the team has gotten massively more efficient at modelling cars (no more six months per car). If this is the case, one has to wonder why the game is launching with 140 cars after three years.
  • They're simply exaggerating this "from the ground up" stuff, and these are PS3 assets. Possibly slightly touched up, I suppose. If that's the case, there's a whole new bunch of questions:
    • If they're not going to be free — and I seriously doubt such a huge swell of cars would be — I expect a huge backlash from people for having to pay for old content, especially on such a massive scale.
    • Wouldn't announcing this so early all but confirm this is a case of "intentionally withheld content for post-release"?
    • So many PS3 Premiums wouldn't fit into the rigid structure of GT Sport's classes.
Oh, and regardless of how the models are made, if it's paid DLC, the sheer number of them means PD will have to seriously undercut the genre average of $1 per car. Otherwise, the DLC could all cost as much as a PS4 itself!

Our article on the subject is now live on the front page. Thanks again @Yui-san!

based on this guess, the most appropriately guess for me, they had ongoing process to touching up the gt6 premium 1by1 to make it super premium, it would take some times

if not, they releasing the so called " future proof gt6 premium" it by batch just to keep player entertain and get to see new cars added by every updates.

and BTW the source for the 400-500 cars are coming are from a journalist name Raiden-san working for VGTIME

source is this http://www.g-cores.com/articles/19973

问题10:想问一下总共的车子的数量是多少?刚才提到140辆高模的车,是否会在发售之后继续将普通建模的车提升到高精度建模,最后达到200、300,还是会是很少的数量?(仍然来自雷电大哥)

山内一典: 发售之后会有四五百台车。这一作的车都是重新建模的,之前的普通建模的概念是不存在的。(这段并没有说得很明白)

Question 10 : Can you tell us the approximately total car counts for GTS? We know that there will be 140 super premiums car just now , will there be any cars be added from the "Premiums" from gt6 remodeled to "Super premiums" after launch, reaching 200-300 car counts , or just a few will be added? ( Asked by Raiden-san)

Kaz :After launch we plan to continue adding cars till it reach a car counts of 400-500, in GTS all the cars are remodeled from ground up, there will be no "Standard" car. ( Kaz does not go into very details on this)

another source mentioning this

source : http://games.sina.com.cn/t/n/2016-07-31/fxunyxy6081873.shtml

游戏中还会有普通车的概念吗?首发会有140辆车,到最后会有大约多少辆车?

最后大约会有四五百辆车,所有的车都经过了重新建模,没有普通车。

Trans: Is there an" standard " cars in GTS? We know that at launch we will had 140 cars , can tell us the total car counts you planned to add?

Kaz : In the end we will have approximately 400-500 cars inside the game. All of the cars are remodeled from ground up. There will be no "Standards"

Both news from A9VG doesnt mentioned this piece of news :3

http://www.a9vg.com/201607/9939283131.html
    http://www.a9vg.com/201607/5745883212.html

Its the same interview actually but the way the journalist portrayed the interview and posted the article had slightly different meaning in which i am also confused

Last edited:
maybe PD done super-premiumize the premium from GT6 and who knows all will be available at launch ? :3

but from another perspective if 260-360 cars will come in updates for a year thats like 20+ cars per month. which i highly doubted it. :3 dats like a freaking huge download every update
The proposal is very exciting.
But their production pace is not fast. It is about six months to complete the one car.
Is about 40 cars were added in three years of GT5 and GT6. It is very difficult to add at that pace.

I had impression that GT Spot is separate mode in the game, PD may NOT make all cars available in GT Sport mode, or PD may custom tuned these cars to fit certain groups, so GT5/6 cars may be available for GT Sport in certain tuned form for online competition which uses specific BOP groups, while the original stock form can be used on the usual online lobbies and offline play.

People are underestimating PD so much in terms of 3D models outputs, the cars requires progress to make, who knows PD already have the rest of the cars - 260 to 360 cars in 50% to 75% state of completion, they may just need interiors or some parts like lights ( which are detailed/took longer to model ) Kaz may prioritize cars that are going to be needed for GT Sport mode, hence 140 cars from the start, these are the cars required for GT Sport mode competition to run. So, not holding back content, but strategic decision to output necessary models in timely manner.

PD do not build 3d cars one by one, they build them all concurrently ( the only sensible way to do it )

Last edited:

Am I correct in saying that the majority of the 140 cars included at launch are new models not seen previously? At least many are, and the VGT's for the most part have had full interiors that had to be created.
Presumably this is more time consuming than remodeling the existing GT6 premiums - I'm sure the base data would be usable at least. If most of the additional cars are remodeled GT6 premiums then the turnaround on those may be much quicker. I more think about it, the more I think the scenario I mentioned earlier could pan out - DLC car packs with a mix of new cars and reworked GT6 models with the 'old cars' being supposedly free.
Also another idea I put forward earlier is it could be possible that certain cars won't be usable in Sport mode with only bop'ed cars available for that and the rest for Arcade mode and any possible additional offline modes. A more traditional GT could be had with 500 cars.

Edit: tree'd somewhat by @Ridox2JZGTE ;)

Last edited:
If their idea is to make GT Sport a "as a service" title, 400 to 500 cars could be very well possible. I personally think that that is what they will do. The title will evolve over the years to come.

Last edited:

I don't think that it would be a good idea to add so many more cars to the game. Selling such a massive amount of content just doesn't make sense. If the amount of DLC costs more than the actual game, it's a big rip-off and in all honesty, bad business. The incredible claim made by Kaz has literally been plucked out of nowhere and has no meaning. I could see 400-500 cars appearing in GT7, but not in GT Sport. Kaz cannot roll the traditional and new GT into one - it simply would not work. I agree with what you are saying @SlipZtrEm. PD have a big dilemma if they want to include SOOOO many more cars.

But if Kaz wants this game to last for a couple years, having a steady flow of DLC would be quite reasonable. If Kaz wants to make a GT7 within 3 years, the amount of DLC would need to be smaller.

These are all very negative conclusions bro. Why is that?

Can you not foresee an eventuality that will be a positive thing? I mean, purely for balance.

edit: I mean, the linked article is balanced, no offence meant. It's just that, personally, I see the 140 cars at launch, and then a steady stream of DLC and generally good post-launch support as a really good thing. I would love that.

And also, @Ridox2JZGTE hits the nail on the head, I think...

Last edited:
Time out.

When Kaz made mention of GT6 cars being easy to port to PS4, does this apply to GTS? Did he negate that by rebuilding ALL cars in GTS from scratch or just the "new" cars we have never seen in a GT game?

Meaning, super premiums are the "new" GTS cars(Gr.3/Gr.B/Gr.N Mustang, etc.) and premiums are cars like the Shulze R35 GT-R, SLS GT3, etc.

Time out.

When Kaz made mention of GT6 cars being easy to port to PS4, does this apply to GTS? Did he negate that by rebuilding ALL cars in GTS from scratch or just the "new" cars we have never seen in a GT game?

Meaning, super premiums are the "new" GTS cars(Gr.3/Gr.B/Gr.N Mustang, etc.) and premiums are cars like the Shulze R35 GT-R, SLS GT3, etc.

Kaz said there are no distinctions anymore, they are all the same level now (super-premium).
So it barely matters anymore, I guess, where they came from, the ones you see in-game (GTS) will all be the same standard. That's the gist I'm getting anyhow, from the quotes (a somewhat vague and tricky endeavour, it has to be said).

Time out.

Pretty much it was said before that they had to rebuild every car from scratch, including some cars from the PS3 era such as the Audi #2 Audi Sport Team Joest R18 TDI '11, the Lotus Evora, the Nissan #123 Schulze Motorsport GT-R R35 GT3 Nismo (N24) '13 and the SLS AMG GT3. That way it was made to super-premium status. They redesigned them with a little something called "physical based rendering", the reason why it looks so much updated.

Kaz said there are no distinctions anymore, they are all the same level now (super-premium).
So it barely matters anymore, I guess, where they came from, the ones you see in-game (GTS) will all be the same standard. That's the gist I'm getting anyhow, from the quotes (a somewhat vague and tricky endeavour, it has to be said).

Pretty much it was said before that they had to rebuild every car from scratch, including some cars from the PS3 era such as the Audi #2 Audi Sport Team Joest R18 TDI '11, the Lotus Evora, the Nissan #123 Schulze Motorsport GT-R R35 GT3 Nismo (N24) '13 and the SLS AMG GT3. That way it was made to super-premium status. They redesigned them with a little something called "physical based rendering", the reason why it looks so much updated.
Right.
This is how I feel about that.
images

It boggles my mind that after a long history of missed deadlines, broken promises and slim DLC packages, people actually believe 3 to 400 'super premiums' will be released in a short timespan, just because of a dodgy quote in a Chinese article. There's a regular pattern with PD which you can set your clock on and that is that they take a terribly long time to arrange anything.

It boggles my mind that after a long history of missed deadlines, broken promises and slim DLC packages, people actually believe 3 to 400 'super premiums' will be released in a short timespan, just because of a dodgy quote in a Chinese article. There's a regular pattern with PD which you can set your clock on and that is that they take a terribly long time to arrange anything.

oh...i am not the only one in the pessimistic camp :)

doesn't matter whether it is 400/500, 200/1000 or whatever, kaz words should be taken with a pinch of salt.... (off-topic but premium/super premium/standards shouldn't even appear in GT dictionary at the 1st place :indiff: )

believing is one thing, actual deliver is another... heck he can't even pass the first criteria:ouch:

maybe only time will tell

Last edited:
oh...i am not the only one in the pessimistic camp :)

doesn't matter whether it is 400/500, 200/1000 or whatever, kaz words should be taken with a pinch of salt.... (off-topic but premium/super premium/standards or whatever shouldn't even appear in GT dictionary at the 1st place :indiff: )

believing is one thing, actual deliver is another... heck he can't even pass the first criteria:ouch:

maybe only time will tell
00d.jpg

I wonder if I'll also turn into a GT-hater when I buy Assetto Corsa...

;)
I'm a big GT fan (I love the GT vibe) but how can you believe the 400-500 cars after the track maker, the sound issue. We must ask Kaz about tracks count. How can you accept pre orders if you change the deal? (I never pre order games)

Maybe Kaz thinks that we will forget the tracks reduction with something else to discuss...

Mmm, look at the again the source, it is unrealistic schedule.
Possibility that the speak of Kaz has been mistranslated .... If able, I want the video at that time.

To be fair, I don't think Kaz actually put a time frame on the delivery of the additional cars. They could be delivered over several years.

Sensible. They've had problems with deadlines in the past, so at least with no date they have leeway.

Back