Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
(Gran Turismo Song request stream )

PD have too high of expectations to make this work. 1 modeler per car won't work PD have to accept that.
It has worked to their satisfaction for 20 years I don't see why it can't continue that way. Kaz believes in the approach and has said so on several occasions.

I have a feeling, PD have been making super premiums since at least 6 months or a year before PS4 release, those new GT6 premiums like Cizeta and Countach may have been downscaled super premium, they are exceptionally build compared to GT5 premiums. How long has it been since PS4 release ?
This is an interesting point indeed, and I wonder whether the adaptive tessellation models actually utilised the same kind of tools needed to create a PS4 quality car. I'm hoping that PD have used this technique in conjunction with PBR (Physics Based Rendering) so you have a PS4-ready vehicle with realistic reflections and an almost flawless model. If you look at how the PS4 vehicles are rendered, the thing that stands out compared to PS3 models is the lighting, but the basic model looks unchanged from the previous-gen adaptive tessellation models.

I went through the dealership and counted up how many cars we really don't need. I grouped them together, and we only need to keep 1 car from each group.

In short, there are only 11 Miatas we need (Plus the 1 NC model not listed)

And there are 22 Miatas that should disappear.

Eunos Roadster J-Limited (NA) '91
MX-5 Miata J-Limited (NA, J) '91
MX-5 J-Limited (NA, J) '91

Eunos Roadster J-Limited II (NA) '93
MX-5 Miata J-Limited II (NA, J) '93
MX-5 J-Limited II (NA, J) '93

MX-5 (NA) '89
MX-5 Miata (NA) '89
Eunos Roadster (NA Special Package) '89

Roadster 1600 NR-A (NB) '04
MX-5 Miata 1600 NR-A (NB, J) '04
MX-5 1600 NR-A (NB, J) '04

Eunos Roadster SR-Limited (NA) '97
MX-5 Miata SR-Limited (NA, J) '97
MX-5 SR-Limited (NA, J) '97

Eunos Roadster S-Special Type I (NA) '95
MX-5 Miata S-Special Type I (NA, J) '95
MX-5 S-Special Type I (NA, J) '95

Eunos Roadster VR-Limited (NA) '95
MX-5 Miata VR-Limited (NA, J) '95
MX-5 VR Limited (NA, J) '95

Eunos Roadster V-Special Type II (NA) '93
MX-5 Miata V-Special Type II (NA, J) '93
MX-5 V-Special Type II (NA, J) '93

Roadster 1.8 RS (NB) '98
MX-5 1.8 RS (NB, J) '98
MX-5 Miata 1.8 RS (NB, J) '98

Roadster 1800 RS (NB) '00
MX-5 1800 RS (NB, J) '00
MX-5 Miata 1800 RS (NB, J) '00

Roadster 1800 RS (NB) '04
MX-5 Miata 1800 RS (NB, J) '04
MX-5 1800 RS (NB, J) '04

mx5-nd-miata-solid-stripe-vinyl-door-graphic-decal_large.jpg

Well I'll be going on with my day thinking of decals to make for the 2016 Miata(MX-5) Roadster.

The massive influx of cars could see more classes introduced over time, and could also possibly explain why there appears to be no classic vehicles (or really any machinery more than ten years old) at launch. Perhaps "era" classes could be introduced periodically throughout the game's lifespan? Even with it being post-launch content, it has a potential to be a really good idea, giving each new "set" of vehicles proper time to be tested and balanced for eSport competition - in fact, the balancing may be made more efficient that way. The only thing that would really make it a bad idea is if a majority of the new content gets locked behind a large paywall.

But all this said, honestly PD has set a new standard of terrible in the marketing department this time around. We hardly know how a majority of the apparently "revolutionary" features will even work or play out, and less than half the things they've claimed to be included (damage, weather/time of day, rally, etc.) have been showcased or explained thoroughly.

The massive influx of cars could see more classes introduced over time, and could also possibly explain why there appears to be no classic vehicles (or really any machinery more than ten years old) at launch. Perhaps "era" classes could be introduced periodically throughout the game's lifespan? Even with it being post-launch content, it has a potential to be a really good idea, giving each new "set" of vehicles proper time to be tested and balanced for eSport competition - in fact, the balancing may be made more efficient that way. The only thing that would really make it a bad idea is if a majority of the new content gets locked behind a large paywall.

^^ this is both what I'm expecting and hoping.

Ship the game with enough stuff to get you going, and as actual FIA Events and milestones roll around throughout the year, DLC Time.
I.e as Mid October here in Australia where have the Bathurst 1000km Endurance race, the V8 Supercars or their road car variants are available.
The same with LeMans, N24, Pikes Peak, Goodwood, etc

Back in the 90's I may believe that shokunin practice during Japan economy bubble, but these days, it may be just marketing speak. Anime industry for example have been changing a lot in Japan since early 2000's.

I know myself as a programmer working with others is far less efficient than doing it all alone. Two people working on one car at a time will get far less done than two people working on two cars at a time.

The two will get one car done faster, but will get two or more finished more slowly.

@SlipZtrEm Can you tell where the insert quote button is it the edit view?...

Here is what I think will happen about this whole 4/500 car fiasco:

How is this a fiasco?... Just wait and see what comes on the disc for god's sake. You guys act like every little detail is life and death. It just isn't so important. Kaz does not need to be executed live on TV if crap he said in an interview doesn't make the cut.

The crap that goes on in this forum is just crazy. You see some numbers on a mockup screenshot, or hear something said off the cuff in an interview and then that's it, 100% confirmed and hang the dev team if it isn't so. Seek some help for the angry nerd syndrome that is plaguing this place.

Last edited:
I know myself as a programmer working with others is far less efficient than doing it all alone. Two people working on one car at a time will get far less done than two people working on two cars at a time.

The two will get one car done faster, but will get two or more finished more slowly.
The feeling is mutual, as a graphic designer, I much prefer to work by myself than in group, I mean, yes, less work, but the progression and the dedication from the members is what defines the deadline reach or a delay, and as well, if you want to get something right, do it by yourself.

Seek some help for the angry nerd syndrome that is plaguing this place.
Kaz does not need to be executed live on TV
hang the dev team if it isn't so.

You need to find a new way to discuss topics with members without resorting to insults or gross exaggeration. This isn't up for discussion: you've had more than enough warnings.

The crap that goes on in this forum is just crazy. You see some numbers on a mockup screenshot, or hear something said off the cuff in an interview and then that's it, 100% confirmed and hang the dev team if it isn't so. Seek some help for the angry nerd syndrome that is plaguing this place.

Hang on just a moment. You mean to tell me a situation presented itself where those interested in GT Sport have taken official imagery as 100% fact and not gospel, and then are displeased when those 100% official images promoting the game at an event with the specific intention of, again, promoting said game, changes?

No way. That's just madness.

@SlipZtrEm Can you tell where the insert quote button is it the edit view?...

How is this a fiasco?... Just wait and see what comes on the disc for god's sake. You guys act like every little detail is life and death. It just isn't so important. Kaz does not need to be executed live on TV if crap he said in an interview doesn't make the cut.

Drawing a 3D model is not the same as writing a code, right ? How do those 3D special effect people in movies does it ( 3d models ) ? Work together in a team right ?

Just to make sure, when you played GTS, the MX5 ND, was it the 2.0 or 1.5 engined version ? While the AC ND MX5, is it 1.5 or 2.0 ? In Japan, currently there's only the 1.5 engine version for sale. Is there a specific model type mentioned in both games MX5 ND ? S Special or NR-A or RS ?

Drawing a 3D model is not the same as writing a code, right ? How do those 3D special effect people in movies does it ( 3d models ) ? Work together in a team right ?

Just to make sure, when you played GTS, the MX5 ND, was it the 2.0 or 1.5 engined version ? While the AC ND MX5, is it 1.5 or 2.0 ? In Japan, currently there's only the 1.5 engine version for sale. Is there a specific model type mentioned in both games MX5 ND ? S Special or NR-A or RS ?

Forming part of a Japanese DLC package, the 2016 World Car of the Year and World Car Design of the Year will be making its debut in Kunos' racing simulator on the 18th of May. The little MX5 has proven to be a popular choice for several years now in racing titles such as iRacing, and there is no reason why AC's version should prove to be any less popular with fans of the game.

The 2015 MX5 is a nimble 129hp rear wheel drive sports car that should encourage close on-track action whilst providing an entertaining driving experience. Kunos have indicated the JDM Car Pack will also include a more performance oriented MX5 Cup Car - a 155hp dedicated racing version of the little MX5 road-going equivalent.

From : http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/assetto-corsa-new-mazda-mx5-previews.121957/

Hang on just a moment. You mean to tell me a situation presented itself where those interested in GT Sport have taken official imagery as 100% fact and not gospel, and then are displeased when those 100% official images promoting the game at an event with the specific intention of, again, promoting said game, changes?

No way. That's just madness.

Agreed, however I'd argue that a presentation slide, yes, but a double translated interview quote, perhaps no.

And most of the debate is about the interview quote, no?

Last edited:
Agreed, however I'd argue that a presentation slide, yes, but a double translated interview quote, perhaps no.

And most of the debate is about the interview quote, no?

i would say there is only 1 source talk about the incredible 400-500 cars final car counts. and i dont find that source very trustable. 3 other interview are established game site of china.( which didnt even mentioned anything like this)

A "Presentation Slide" does not equal "Official Imagery" in my book.

Unless it's seen, on an in-game screen with the controller in Kaz's hands, it's all just "imagery"

i would say there is only 1 source talk about the incredible 400-500 cars final car counts. and i dont find that source very trustable. 3 other interview are established game site of china.( which didnt even mentioned anything like this)

Oh right, well my point was based on the fact that we were vaguely trusting this source, but if not, then the argument gets a little stronger?

Oh right, well my point was based on the fact that we were vaguely trusting this source, but if not, then the argument gets a little stronger?

which it why it puts me into wonder sometime. but hey, dont this kind of argument gets the hype higher and helped the promotion ? :P

Back