Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
The difference from London event and E3 was huge in gfx which was barely 3weeks. In fact some people who were invited in their LA office or room lol said it was much better there than the E3 floor. ISR or someone made a video about it also as in their office it was the latest build. If the game was releasing a week after E3 then one would hope the day1 patch will fix it. But the November release date it a long time and the game will probably still get some update like all the games these days.

So here's the translation of the interview which states that there will be around 400 cars in GT Sport (as I luckily found the interview converted into Traditional Chinese for me to understand :lol:):

Q: Have you noticed any cars worthy of attention in Shanghai since you got off the plane?

A: I've seen a lot of cars here, many which have made me look twice. I'm particularly fond of this Lancer Evo X which had a GT Logo printed on it.

Q: It's been 2 months since the London reveal; what changes and improvements have been made to the current build?

A: We're hard at work every day, and [the game] keeps improving daily. The progress during the London reveal was at 50%, and now it's around 70%. There are still many aspects which can be further improved.

Q: GT Academy has brought about various talented racers; there are also many young racers with potential here in China (PRC), so are there any future plans for a GT Academy in China (PRC)?

A: I really wish for (Mainland) Chinese players to be able to participate in GT Academy, but currently there aren't any confirmed plans.

Q: How does the digital license relate to a real-life license; can one drive on a racetrack in real-life with a digital license?

A: We are still currently making arrangements with car manufacturers and racing clubs. Specific details will be announced later.

Q: Can you reveal the release date of GT Sport in China (PRC)?

A: We are still vigorously preparing for China (PRC). I'm currently not sure when it will be out. (Note: GT Sport will be out in Taiwan (ROC) and Hong Kong on November 15th, however)

Q: Does the Gran Turismo series now feel pressure from the competition of other racing games? How does GT maintain its uniqueness?

A: Since the launch of Gran Turismo in 1997, we've continuously strived to [lead the industry] (literal translation: walking in the front-end of times) . With that as our target, we won't follow the path of other racing games.

Q: If players of the Mainland China region purchases a Hong Kong version of the game, will they still be able to receive a license from China (PRC) and represent Mainland China in the Nations Cup?

A: Accounts of other regions won't be able to receive a license from China (PRC) to represent China (PRC) in the Nations Cup, as this is tied to [the player's] PSN account.

Q: Why is this new work called GT Sport; are there any special meanings within it?

A: Actually, it wouldn't be too [far-fetched] to call it Gran Turismo 7, as the game's content is very complete; it has everything it should have. On one hand, we wanted the name to have a competitive vibe to it. On the other hand, people often play basketball or football (soccer) on the streets, so we also wanted to make GT Sport into an "amateur sport" of the same kind, and make it into a way of life.

Q: What VR features will GT Sport have?

A: All race events will support VR.

Q: Will there still be the concept of "standard cars" in the game? At launch there will be 140 cars, but how many will be there in the end?

A: In the end, there will be around 4 to 5 hundred cars. All cars have been re-modeled, and there won't be standard cars.

Q: Shanghai International Circuit has hosted top-tier international races like F1, so will you add this circuit into the Gran Turismo series?

A: We've actually wanted to add the Shanghai International Circuit since a while back, and we're currently making arrangements.

Q: Previously we've seen locations such as Malaysia's Kuala Lumpur demonstrated in the game. Will you add any sceneries from China (PRC)?

A: Everyone, please tell me which locations from China (PRC) you want added.

Q: Will you continue participating in real-life races in the future?

A: I will continue to participate. Next month I will be participating in the Nurburgring race.

Q: Will the companion app for GT Sport be released in China (PRC)?

A: The app's release is still being discussed at this moment.

Q: Asides from playing Gran Turismo, what else would you recommend to players who wish to become professional racing drivers?

A: Asides from playing games, one must consider various different situations while driving [in real-life]. If you want to become a racing driver, you must have strong resilience and be quick to react and make judgments, which all needs to be trained professionally.

Q: Will PS3 wheels continue to work in GT Sport?

A: We plan to continue supporting PS3 wheels , but we also launched new wheels, and hope you'll buy them.

Q: During development, are you biased towards your preferred car makes and models?

A: Of course there's a bit of bias. (note: That explains the Skylines...)

Q: Who's your favorite F1 driver?

A: I like Ferrari's Vettel. His mind is very clear.

Q: Lots of Mainland Chinese players use Hong Kong's [PS] services, and there are also lots of students studying abroad. Considering these circumstances, is it possible to makes adjustments on the restrictions of digital licenses and the Nation's Cup?

A: I'm very sorry, but there aren't any plans to make adjustments at the moment.

Here you go!

Also, PlayStation is holding a "festival" in Taiwan from August 3rd to August 5th, in which GT Sport will be present. Unfortunately I'm not living in Taiwan at the moment, but I'll try to get a friend to attend and record new gameplay (though I suspect it'll be an old build anyways).

I'll let you guys know if there are any new info 👍

I'm searching on the internet some info of live stream from the festival and can't find anything. There won't be stream from the PS festival in Taiwan?

The difference from London event and E3 was huge in gfx which was barely 3weeks. In fact some people who were invited in their LA office or room lol said it was much better there than the E3 floor. ISR or someone made a video about it also as in their office it was the latest build. If the game was releasing a week after E3 then one would hope the day1 patch will fix it. But the November release date it a long time and the game will probably still get some update like all the games these days.

Remember; the Copper Box build was probably much older than what was shown. Considering the type of event that was happening, I believe PD were focusing on stabilising an older build so that it runs at 60fps and sacrificing the visual beauty of the game, instead of using a newer build and risking general instability and frame drops.

That's a really good point actually. Though I think Digital Foundry did a frame rate test on the E3 build and it was mostly good news.

They got lots of work to do..
No dynamic whether.. No dynamic 24H day-night cycle..

But they need minimum Stable 60Fps for the PSVR..
Even Stabe 60fps can cause discomfort..
Framedrops can cause also discomfort or disruption of presence..
Aim for 90Fps says sony....

So,mostly 60fps isn't really good news, even if they achieve the stable 60fps it's the minimum and can cause discomfort in certain persons..

1e1p.jpg

Will GT Sport aim more to the next PS4 Neo??
Because in terms for VR the normal PS4 hardware seems very limited.

This DF's framerate test is made on the first build that PD showed. it's Alpha(?) stage, so there's a high change to they get things to work better.

Translator-san know how to speak chinese?

That DF test is defintely not the alpha build of GTS. Its E3 build. as someone who follows GTS news surely you know that the northern isle speedway isnt that colorful during copperbox, definitely e3 build and yes ISRTV said at a private session the graphic are better abit at the event.surely there are improvement everyday. BUt we are talking about FPS, not the tearing and stuttering or other graphical stuff.

@freedom1104 - They've all been posted in the expected thread, the Trailers, Videos, and Screenshots one, for a few days. I've deleted your first post to therefore keep this thread more tidy, but I've left that last video here as a reminder. 👍

No problem. Sorry for the hassle caused due to me not patronizing other thread. (y)

All of those vids look like a GT6 Quick Match

As expected from some arcade player.i would say this is a bad way to promote the game but what is done is done. PD target market is a huge crowd and there will be these kind of player too. not just us the enthusiast.

No problem. Sorry for the hassle caused due to me not patronizing other thread. (y)

No hassle at all. :)

Love how people are still under the hilarious impression of expecting only experts to get on these demos.

Yep. We're on a website devoted to the genre: simply being members means we're already part of the minority in terms of the average player. Those videos, as cringe-worthy as they are, are probably more representative of the average player than some of us would like to admit.

Few main point from the article above that michael chen provided. Others are redundant info in which i find no point of translating

此信息很重要。本次首发只有140辆车,为Super Premium Models(超高建模)。对比前几作上千辆车的阵容,"140"这个数字确实很少。

介绍环节后的采访中,山内先生表示:在游戏发售后的一年时间内会不断更新超高模车辆,预计一年后会达到4、5百辆超高建模车辆

We will had 140 cars for the game when it launched, all will be SUPER PREMIUM MODEL, comparing to the previous GT game, this is a relatively small car roster.

After the interview, Kaz told the VGTIME journalist, that they planned to continue adding cars till it reach a car count of 400-500 super premium models within a year after the GTS launched ( I guess everything will be in super premium then judging by how Kaz’s words)

GT Sport各个模式几乎都会支持PS VR游玩。除了竞赛之外,在车辆观赏模式中,可以切实感受到坐进汽车,并与其互动的体验。

Everything in GTS will be compatible with the PSVR, other than racing, you can use the PS VR in the theatre mode in which you can get in the car and feel what it is like to sit inside the cars in GTS

13.问题:关于开发完成度。

今年初第一次公开预告片时,完成度为50%。目前最新的预告片——E3 2016 Game Trailer 2中展示的内容开发完成度达到70%。

Game Completion Percentage

During the first trailer of GTS released earlier this year, the completion of GTS is about 50%, As shown in the E3 2016 Game trailer 2, the completion percentage has reached 70%. (That’s mean the E3 build is 70% completion of GTS? , Oh gosh.)

Nevertheless I would take any of Kaz words nothing but words.

Last edited:

That was a good getaway car impression.

Everything in GTS will be compatible with the PSVR, other than racing, you can use the PS VR in the theatre mode in which you can get in the car and feel what it is like inside the cars in GTS

Can you clear up that one, @freedom1104 please?

To me that means you can use PSVR with GTS except for, you know, driving the cars :odd:

edit: being dim - "...compatible with the PSVR. Other than racing, you can use the PS VR in the theatre mode..." right? 👍

To me that means you can use PSVR with GTS except for, you know, driving the cars :odd:

edit: being dim - "...compatible with the PSVR. Other than racing, you can use the PS VR in the theatre mode..." right? 👍

basically i think he meant something like forzavista with VR on GTS. If that works for PS VR , i think without VR ,players also can get into the cars in GTS . It sounded like that but i highly questioned the trust-ability of this . If really this feature was planned all along why there are no news about this.

That is what I understand too.

basically i think he meant something like forzavista with VR on GTS. If that works for PS VR , i think without VR ,players also can get into the cars in GTS . It sounded like that but i highly questioned the trust-ability of this . If really this feature was planned all along why there are no news about this.

I was more talking about the way the punctuation you used was a bit confusing...

But I think my edit was what you meant!

Thanks again for all the info from these events mate.

You need to find a new way to discuss topics with members without resorting to insults or gross exaggeration. This isn't up for discussion: you've had more than enough warnings.

Sure, but in turn please start policing the gross exaggerations, incorrect information and hyperbole.

Hang on just a moment. You mean to tell me a situation presented itself where those interested in GT Sport have taken official imagery as 100% fact and not gospel, and then are displeased when those 100% official images promoting the game at an event with the specific intention of, again, promoting said game, changes?

No way. That's just madness.

Most of the "official" screens are just mockups. There are people here pretending not to recognize mockups (they have to be pretending because SlipZtrEm will get mad if I say the only other possible explanation) and then presenting this as 'evidence of Kaz's lies!!!!!'. I dont believe its PDs fault if people fail to naturally take into account context.

If something is said about the game at this stage by devs or in released screens just take it as a guide as to what the devs are aiming for, because that is all it is. If however we are talking about what is written on the back of the retail box or what is promised by Sony when you lay down your pre order money, then that's a different story.

How do those 3D special effect people in movies does it ( 3d models ) ? Work together in a team right ?

Yes, just like in a game, one person one model getting lots done by many people doing many jobs. Not many people doing one job. Or do you think in say a pixar movie there is an animator doing a character's eyes, another doing the hands etc?.. One modeler will do one model, other team members will do other models. That is what collaboration is, a collection of single jobs each done by 1 person.

Last edited:
 此信息很重要。本次首发只有140辆车,为Super Premium Models(超高建模)。对比前几作上千辆车的阵容,"140"这个数字确实很少。

介绍环节后的采访中,山内先生表示:在游戏发售后的一年时间内会不断更新超高模车辆,预计一年后会达到4、5百辆超高建模车辆

We will had 140 cars for the game when it launched, all will be SUPER PREMIUM MODEL, comparing to the previous GT game, this is a relatively small car roster.

After the interview, Kaz told the VGTIME journalist, that they planned to continue adding cars till it reach a car count of 400-500 super premium models within a year after the GTS launched ( I guess everything will be in super premium then judging by how Kaz’s words)

Thanks for the translation.

This makes it pretty clear to me that they have to be referring to upgraded premiums. If they could make ~300 cars in a year then the game wouldn't be launching with only 140. They have to have pre-made assets that they think that they can upgrade with minimal work to "super premium" quality, and the best candidate for that is the premiums.

I imagine it will probably amount to some minor smoothing of the poorest quality parts of the cars and prepping them for use with the livery editor.

This makes it pretty clear to me that they have to be referring to upgraded premiums. If they could make ~300 cars in a year then the game wouldn't be launching with only 140. They have to have pre-made assets that they think that they can upgrade with minimal work to "super premium" quality, and the best candidate for that is the premiums.

I imagine it will probably amount to some minor smoothing of the poorest quality parts of the cars and prepping them for use with the livery editor.

I would said so, Maybe all the premiums will be touched up and transform into super premiums then end the Premium versus Standard thingy. The thing is though, some of the iconic car dont have a premium model in gt6 such as the toyota supra ,ae86 or all the cars from the RUF family. Are those cars not going to appear in GTS ?

I would said so, Maybe all the premiums will be touched up and transform into super premiums then end the Premium versus Standard thingy. The thing is though, some of the iconic car dont have a premium model in gt6 such as the toyota supra ,ae86 or all the cars from the RUF family. Are those cars not going to appear in GTS ?

I would hope that they'd also spend some time making new cars, because if all the DLC is cars from GT6 then that's not going to look great. For starters, the GT6 premium list isn't exactly a well balanced range of cars. And I'm sure that while people would like to see some of their old favourites, we also want to see different cars as well. A car list that doesn't grow and change doesn't allow people to discover new and interesting cars that they may never have driven before.

Yeah, seems about right mate.

But they won't only recycle as a DLC program, that would be regressive. I imagine* for every reworked one, there'll be a car new to the series.

edit: treed somewhat there :)

*hope

I would hope that they'd also spend some time making new cars, because if all the DLC is cars from GT6 then that's not going to look great. For starters, the GT6 premium list isn't exactly a well balanced range of cars. And I'm sure that while people would like to see some of their old favourites, we also want to see different cars as well. A car list that doesn't grow and change doesn't allow people to discover new and interesting cars that they may never have driven before.

Maybe some porsches? :P

Yeah, seems about right mate.

But they won't only recycle as a DLC program, that would be regressive. I imagine* for every reworked one, there'll be a car new to the series.

edit: treed somewhat there :)

*hope

I'd like to hope so too. The only thing that makes me hesitant is the size of the number. ~300 is huge.

150 brand new cars in a year seems impossible to me if they're only launching with 140 after a 3 year development. I'd expect more like ~50 new cars in a year, which is more in line with Polyphony's historical modelling speed. Which means that the vast majority is going to be reworks.

Which could be fine, it just depends largely on the price.

Maybe some porsches? :P

Do it, Polyphony. Just do it.

tumblr_nr7zqaDQjg1roohd8o1_400.gif

I'd like to hope so too. The only thing that makes me hesitant is the size of the number. ~300 is huge.

150 brand new cars in a year seems impossible to me if they're only launching with 140 after a 3 year development. I'd expect more like ~50 new cars in a year, which is more in line with Polyphony's historical modelling speed. Which means that the vast majority is going to be reworks.

Which could be fine, it just depends largely on the price.

Do it, Polyphony. Just do it.

tumblr_nr7zqaDQjg1roohd8o1_400.gif

i would very satisfied with free dlc less than 10 cars every month :3 260-360 cars added in a timeframe of a year is very unrealistic.

Back