Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
http://play.163.com/16/0802/17/BTFT7K1I00314K8J.html

The another version of Chinajoy interview from play.163.com

The most important point:

其他媒体(提问人是VGTIME的联合创始人雷电):想问一下总共的车数量是多少?刚才说了首发是140辆高模,会不会在发售后将普通建模的车提升为高模,大概最后会有多少,2、300还是更多?

山内一典:发售后一年左右大概会达到4、500台的规模。在这次的《GTSport》里所有车辆都是高模(Super Premium Model),已有的车辆也会全部重做。

Translation:

The journalist :How many cars will appear on GT Sport totally? You told us that there would be 140 super premium cars in the first place。 Would you change some “standard cars” into “premium cars”。How many cars we can get finally? two hundreds、three hundreds or more?

Kaz:You will get 400-500 cars in a year. All the cars of GTS will be "Super Premium Model" cars.
The cars had appeared on old regular games will be rebuilt completely by us.

Last edited:
I won't be surprised if tuning parts are either gone or much reduced in scale, it just doesn't seem to fit with the eSport direction. However with the inclusion of significantly more cars that does possibility increase the likelihood if it being there imo. How they reconcile tuned cars and the official online racers will be the interesting thing - they could restrict certain cars to the eSports mode and have those not upgrade-able or preferably just make any car being used in those races automatically revert to default parts for the race.
Whilst I do enjoy upgrading a car with performance parts, what I especially like and hope can be included in GTS is a good selection of body mods to change the look of your car - though I'm not holding my breath for those sadly.

I was just reading an article today that claimed that as per Kaz, the sim is only 70% complete. I'm not kidding when I say that if it misses it's November release date I'm cancelling my pre-order. So maddening that this happens with every title they come out with. This is even worse than the wait for GT5 after the PS3 was released. Considering the company is actually Sony, you'd imagine they'd have their s*&t together more.
Considering Assetto Corsa went gold the other day, it'll be released 08/30/16. With that, Project CARS and DiRT Rally, GT is seriously running the risk of becoming obsolete. What a darn shame, as it USED to be the best available...

Hey Polyphony. WAKE UP AND GET TO WORK, MAN!

Abit overzealous there.

Also, GT6 wasn't delayed as it came out on the date PD specified so no, it wasn't "every title" this has happened with.

I respect your opinion, but at this point, three years after the PS4 was released (Gran Turismo is why I've always played on a Play Station) I think long-time clients have a right to be impatient. Could you imagine one of your employees performed at that level? They'd be out of a job, I'd venture a guess.
This used to be the pinnacle of racing simulation, but you have to admit that the competition is truly catching up, or even surpassing Polyphony and the more they lollygag, the more they run the risk of going out of business.

Dude, this isn't the PS2 era anymore. It takes a lot longer to model those crazy looking cars from GT S. I'm honestly surprised to hear kaz wanted a couple hundred more cars, and while that's an awful bold claim I say more power to him.

Anyway back to my point. I wouldn't be upset if GTS got delayed, it takes time nowadays to render cars and tracks, and with more advanced physics engines too these things must take a good chunk of time. I imagine that's why the sound is still pretty sloppy and why most of the tracks don't look perfect.

And that's fair enough. Games are much more time consuming than they used to be, I'd rather them take their time so they don't have to release a half completed game just to patch it later as damage control. Then again I'm sounding awfully optimistic I know, but I still got faith in PD :)

I respect your opinion, but at this point, three years after the PS4 was released (Gran Turismo is why I've always played on a Play Station) I think long-time clients have a right to be impatient. Could you imagine one of your employees performed at that level? They'd be out of a job, I'd venture a guess.
This used to be the pinnacle of racing simulation, but you have to admit that the competition is truly catching up, or even surpassing Polyphony and the more they lollygag, the more they run the risk of going out of business.

Lollygag! Is that an actual, you know, word?

Dude, this isn't the PS2 era anymore. It takes a lot longer to model those crazy looking cars from GT S. I'm honestly surprised to hear kaz wanted a couple hundred more cars, and while that's an awful bold claim I say more power to him.

Anyway back to my point. I wouldn't be upset if GTS got delayed, it takes time nowadays to render cars and tracks, and with more advanced physics engines too these things must take a good chunk of time. I imagine that's why the sound is still pretty sloppy and why most of the tracks don't look perfect.

And that's fair enough. Games are much more time consuming than they used to be, I'd rather them take their time so they don't have to release a half completed game just to patch it later as damage control. Then again I'm sounding awfully optimistic I know, but I still got faith in PD :)

You drive a standard lol

I was just reading an article today that claimed that as per Kaz, the sim is only 70% complete. I'm not kidding when I say that if it misses it's November release date I'm cancelling my pre-order.
That's not what they were talking about when they said 70%

Here's why I say you're being overzealous:

I was just reading an article today that claimed that as per Kaz, the sim is only 70% complete. I'm not kidding when I say that if it misses it's November release date I'm cancelling my pre-order. So maddening that this happens with every title they come out with. This is even worse than the wait for GT5 after the PS3 was released. Considering the company is actually Sony, you'd imagine they'd have their s*&t together more.
Considering Assetto Corsa went gold the other day, it'll be released 08/30/16. With that, Project CARS and DiRT Rally, GT is seriously running the risk of becoming obsolete. What a darn shame, as it USED to be the best available...

I understand what you are saying but here's the issue: You read 70% (While its still August) and you are already going into Defcon 1 under the impression that this somehow is an indication that they are possibly about to delay the game. It'd be one thing if it was August and they said 40%, In which case then that's more then alarming (and beyond lousy progress if they promise a November release).

Just not worth getting worked up over when there hasn't been any signs indicative of a impending delay.

I understand what you are saying but here's the issue: You read 70% (While its still August) and you are already going into Defcon 1 under the impression that this somehow is an indication that they are possibly about to delay the game. It'd be one thing if it was August and they said 40%, In which case then that's more then alarming (and beyond lousy progress if they promise a November release).

Just not worth getting worked up over when there hasn't been any signs indicative of a impending delay.

I think its quite alarming and it was quite alarming as well when they said 50% in June. If they are progressing at a rate of 10% a month that only means they started work on the game like Sept/Oct last year. That just sounds wrong. I just think these percentage figures are pulled out of the air as a simple answer to some tough questions. It certainly feels like a very rushed timeline. I reckon we will see a true GT probably in mid 2019. I hope, for their sake, they don't release the game in the same year as a new generation of console come out (the true 4k ones).

Still, the game looks good, I'm not worried about a delay as much as I am about the track count. A good track selection and even 75 latest road legal sports cars would make it a fun game for me especially if a GT3RS, GT4 and a Carerra S is among those.

I would also love Citta di Aria making an appearance but browsing GTP, it doesn't seem to be a popular choice among the members.

Last edited:
I think its quite alarming and it was quite alarming as well when they said 50% in June. If they are progressing at a rate of 10% a month that only means they started work on the game like Sept/Oct last year. That just sounds wrong. I just think these percentage figures are pulled out of the air as a simple answer to some tough questions. It certainly feels like a very rushed timeline. I reckon we will see a true GT probably in mid 2019. I hope, for their sake, they don't release the game in the same year as a new generation of console come out (the true 4k ones).

Perhaps the percentage is the work done on the beta version.

I would also love Citta di Aria making an appearance but browsing GTP, it doesn't seem to be a popular choice among the members.

+1 👍

Weren't Assetto Corsa and Project Cars also both delayed?

You should be used to employees under performing given your avatar:sly:

Canadiens fan here too;)

Just to add to the fire, since GT5 the game was never finished out of the box, so why are you concerned about the game being 70% finished- it means less than nothing in PD words...

These so called super premium are not too different. The scary part is if the programmer does import GT6, GT5 premium cars which I am sure they can do sooner or later. They should not charge. A game with 140cars and if they even add another 150 which will be the DLC. This is a farce. DLC having more cars than the actual game :confused: Are they competing with other racing games 30-40$ DLC ???:banghead: I hate paid DLC and refuse to buy so hope they make free stuff like they did with GT6.

Kaz said the car count will increase which make sense because I definitely think they can add GT6 premiums at least .As it is also using some sort of adaptive tessellation. Not sure of the exact technical reason but GT5 car models are as good as any game. These are compilation of GT5 trailer released of Polyphony. They need better textures of interior and photo mode. These car models look amazing:

I wonder if people in Australia will get a chance to play GT Sport before it's official release... At something like the Bathurst 1000 or Sandown 500. Probably not likely, but it's a possibility, right? Considering that Australia is part of GT Academy and Nissans race in the V8 Supercars Championship...

1.jpg 2.png 2001 tokyo.jpg 2002 seoul.jpg 3.jpg 4p.jpg 4.jpg psp.jpg hd.PNG 5p.jpg 5.jpg 5 2013.jpg 6.jpg sport.png

ANybody notice the difference ? :3

Back