Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Pretty good chance the trailer was made before the delay, those things take a while to get done and given the style it's not an easy edit.

Obviously a McLaren, I don't know which one.
So instead of Driveclub VR ready to be released, they show GTSport...Weird marketing plan...

Безымянный.png

mclaren_650s_3.jpg

650S.

UPD: 675LT also match, but we already have Gr.3 version of 650S, so it's rather 650 than 675.
McLaren-675LT-หน้าปัด.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 593212
mclaren_650s_3.jpg

650S.

UPD: 675LT also match, but we already have Gr.3 version of 650S, so it's rather 650 than 675.
McLaren-675LT-หน้าปัด.jpg

That is was i was going to say. Maybe it is 650s because of the alcantara, but supercars these days have such a hugh combination of interior, extras and so on, that im not sure.

Dont bother about the GT3 version. GT can have multiple versions of one car, dont forget.

The 12C from GT5 had a different interior to the machine in the trailer, the central console was completely silver, the steering wheel was also a combination of silver and alcantara. Either they got a whole new 12C for GTSport or it's the newer 650S model.

If this is true, they should have done it like Evolution Games did. Release the game. Make another version for VR etc.

I agree. But Evo did it that way because the release of VR was far away. If VR has launched at the begining of the generation, Driveclub would have done the same way as GT is doing.

Never the less, the delay is almost completely Polyphony´s fault. Think of it:
  • October 2015, Sony announce GT will release late 2016.
  • June 2016, at the limit of spring (the date of the beta´s release), Kaz announce the game will release in November 2016 with no beta. 3 months they saved in no releasing the beta. Delay of 3 months
  • August 2016, Kaz announce they cant create the perfect game in the time and say the game is going to be delayed to 2017. At minimum, 4 months of delays. At max, 16 months of delays.....
It is just gross...

edited

Last edited:
I agree. But Evo did it that way because the release of VR was far away. If VR has launched at the begining of the generation, Driveclub would have done the same way as GT is doing.

Never the less, the delay is almost completely Polyphony´s fault. Think of it:
  • October 2015, Sony announce GT will release in Spring 2016.
  • June 2016, at the limit of spring, Kaz announce the game will release in November 2016 with no beta. From June to November there are 5 months plus 3 months they saved in no releasing the beta. Delay of 8 months
  • August 2016, Kaz announce they cant create the perfect game in the time and say the game is going to be delayed to 2017. At minimum, 9 months of delays. At max, 21 months of delays.....
It is just gross...
Never been announced for spring 2016, it s only the date of beta

Well, one if not the biggest games expos in the country happened in my area this past weekend.

Sadly I couldn't go because I'm preparing for my year-end exams and well, didn't really feel like dropping dosh on a ticket. So I checked through a few photos showing what I missed. Low and behold GTSport was there on display with the T300 rig.

You don't understand how annoyed I am now for missing this opportunity ....:banghead::banghead:

Especially since I'm planning a huge 3 part video when my exams are done ....

I is very plausible that GT has better driving feeling than PCars. PCars phisycs are less sim than AC, but it is the force feedback where AC is much more superior. GT always had great force feedback, so there you have it.

Also is has to be present in the comparisions between games the wheel is have been used. It is not the same GT Sport with a T300 than GT5 with a g27.

What worries me about this game is that there has been no new footage to pique the interest of people. I mean, they showed the Alfa 4C at Brands Hatch and that's it. For a game which is supposed to be a showcase game for the PS4, it's very quiet. Going to obscure places like Riyadh to show off the game? Would women even be allowed in without being covered from head to toe? :rolleyes:

People from Saudi Arabia in here?
You can play GTS at "Riyadh International Convention & Exhibition Center" from 27-29 October
http://www.gamersday.com/#/about
Finally we could play and try out GTSport without having to go far away. Unfortunately it's still does mean a 4 hour driving from Bahrain all the way to Riyadh and Exams will start around that time. :(
------------------------------------------
Speaking of KSA and middle east, i just saw a news article from a website of a famous gaming channel called Saudi Gamer. They were in a Playstation meeting that happened recently in Saudi Arabia and along with PSVR, PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro release date, they announced that The Last Guardian, Horizon Zero Dawn and Gran Turismo Sport will have an Arabic Language support. Unfortunately while they showed screenshots of TLG and HZD with Arabic UI, there wasn't any shots of GT Sport.

4-2.jpg

A nice addition for us since pretty much most if not all games on PS4 have Arabic but i doubt if i would use it anyways. I'm still hoping that our Convention will have sets of GT Sport available.

tl;dr: Noticeable improvement over GT4,5P,5&6. Feels better than PCars and close to AC, but AC is still superior.
Have a hard time believing it'll feel better than Project Cars, honestly. Or 'close' to AC.

Project Cars is often a favorite whipping boy of sim racers, but I think it was still a clear step up from Forza Motorsport/Gran Turismo in terms of physics and FFB(for 90% of the cars, at least) so long as you use a wheel.

I get the feeling that its treated especially bad because:

1) It's not playable with a gamepad. I know some managed, but it's awful without a wheel.

2) The FFB is terrible out-the-box and I'm not sure how many people actually managed to get some decent settings dialed in because the settings are bizarre and esoteric. I certainly had to look up and copy some other people's settings to get it feeling decent. And also have to individually set the FFB level for each car. It's a pain, but the end result is respectable FFB.

I wouldn't be surprised if GT Sport does feel better for those who didn't figure all this out with PCars, I suppose.

Last edited:
Finally we could play and try out GTSport without having to go far away. Unfortunately it's still does mean a 4 hour driving from Bahrain all the way to Riyadh and Exams will start around that time. :(
------------------------------------------
Speaking of KSA and middle east, i just saw a news article from a website of a famous gaming channel called Saudi Gamer. They were in a Playstation meeting that happened recently in Saudi Arabia and along with PSVR, PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro release date, they announced that The Last Guardian, Horizon Zero Dawn and Gran Turismo Sport will have an Arabic Language support. Unfortunately while they showed screenshots of TLG and HZD with Arabic UI, there wasn't any shots of GT Sport.

4-2.jpg

A nice addition for us since pretty much most if not all games on PS4 have Arabic but i doubt if i would use it anyways. I'm still hoping that our Convention will have sets of GT Sport available.

"PS VR compatible", it's interesting. This means that the feature will probably be available at release.

I hope that VR will be managed well on GT Sport because on DriveClub VR, I was disappointed and I'm not just talking graphics.... Personally, I will play on my TV. I think PS VR will not allow me to focus for the entire course, especially if the run is long :)

Last edited:
"PS VR compatible", it's interesting. This means that the feature will probably be available at release. I hope that VR will be managed well because on Drive Club VR, I was disappointed and I'm not just talking graphics....
Based on seeing a couple of seconds in a trailer that we don't even know is actually VR with GT, that means it's probably available at release?

:lol::lol:

Based on seeing a couple of seconds in a trailer that we don't even know is actually VR with GT, that means it's probably available at release?

:lol::lol:

I think if Sony put a "PS VR compatible" label on box, it means that the game will include VR feature at launch. In GT6, there was not the "3D" label because it came later via update.

...and LBP2 came with a "Move compatible" type label on the box too. It took nearly a year before an update made that a reality. I wouldn't count on anything this early.

Back