Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
I disagree ... the Hyundai was behind daan, when daan and the car to his left were already on the brakes, and pointed at the apex, with three other cars entering the apex together just ahead in that same moment.
It was the Hyundai's responsibility to back out, to avoid certain collision.

(Not seeing the Hyundai's telemetry, to be fair, he may have simply misjudged his brakes, may have come in too hot, skidding, not meaning to try to overtake ... just a driving mistake, not a tactic ... maybe)

Here's an example from last night. At about 1'20 or so, I'm overtaking on the inside line, and the guy on the outside is crowding me in towards the apex. I hit the apex fine, but @SkilledRacer comes up my inside, off the track, and uses me to help him round the corner, all of which knocks the guy I'm overtaking off the track.

That was genuinely all I could do to avoid a bigger crash, I never intended for that to be a move, I was trying to have a look on the inside and outbraked myself severely, I was going to send an apology to you but had to go off after that race and haven't had the time to do so today. Also, did you outbrake yourself at around 3:19 or?

Very much so. I knew I'd left it late, but not quite that late.

I thought that was the case, wasn't entirely sure at the time. To add to the question about SR I did lose SR for that sector because of that but I don't believe it's lowered my overall SR.

That Senna/Schumacher tactic of "move over or crash" will work if we get mechanical damage.. :lol:
More than likely it will damage both cars so, instead of being able to carry on at race pace, both cars might lose SR and will be slower and out of the running, effectively ruining both of their races. There are no easy solutions to this dilemma.

More than likely it will damage both cars so, instead of being able to carry on at race pace, both cars might lose SR and will be slower and out of the running, effectively ruining both of their races. There are no easy solutions to this dilemma.
Exactly the point of that tactic.. Put yourself at risk and force the other to understand its not worth it.. It a gamble:mischievous:

Also ruthless and reckless..

Last edited:
Exactly the point of that tactic.. Put yourself at risk and force the other to understand its not worth it.. It a gamble:mischievous:
Your assumption is that it's going to be a deterrent. My time in GT5/6 lobbies with full damage suggests that is not often the case. It may be different with an SR on the line for some, not for others. But it's a big gamble on the part of PD IMO. A couple of races where you go through 15 minutes of qualifying and warm up, only to take damage in the first corner, is a great way to discourage people from participating online. That's especially true if damage implementation does not equalize it to both parties and/or isn't true to life.

Your assumption is that it's going to be a deterrent. My time in GT5/6 lobbies with full damage suggests that is not often the case. It may be different with an SR on the line for some, not for others. But it's a big gamble on the part of PD IMO. A couple of races where you go through 15 minutes of qualifying and warm up, only to take damage in the first corner, is a great way to discourage people from participating online. That's especially true if damage implementation does not equalize it to both parties and/or isn't true to life.

Yes - i mean in real life. Please dont try that online. :cheers:

I mean the tactic - not the damage model.

This is getting out of hand now.. :scared::lol:

Yeah same thing here, ping went from 110 to 16 (! never had it that low before in any game) but it's pretty much unplayable with so much lag, almost impossible to overtake. It's getting a bit better it seems, 2nd race at Dragon Trail was already better than the 1st and at Brands Hatch GP.

EU beta folk, check your ping and see if it's better than usual.
yes ping is better (14ms) but a lot of lag during the races. Cars crisscross over the track and I ended in the wall during Dragon Trail (obviously by lag and not by a steering mistake ;)). Will upload some vids in the appropriate forum thread.

After two days of detox rehab of GTS I was ready to race online again. Maybe I was lucky this time to be joined by a lot of similar clean drivers. Much more fun! Also with some GTP forum members in the same races. Makes it always more special :cheers:.

The warping was also happening in yesterday's midnight races but it seems to be much worse today. Typical, was looking forward to the extended schedule but there's not a great incentive to run them now :yuck:

I'm with you on that one. Here's an example from last night. At about 1'20 or so, I'm overtaking on the inside line, and the guy on the outside is crowding me in towards the apex. I hit the apex fine, but @SkilledRacer comes up my inside, off the track, and uses me to help him round the corner, all of which knocks the guy I'm overtaking off the track.

Folk need to realise that moves aren't always on, and they shouldn't go for gaps that aren't there.

I was in that race. Your sat behind me on the grid :gtpflag:

Last time I was beta tester company provided me a channel where to report and discuss problems, ideas for improvements etc, those weren't going in enormous Bitstream space without giving even echo..

Beta tester with "access denied" to beta testers forum and bug reporting tool which flushes your post to outer space is now given to most so called beta testers, they should tell people at they're recruiting two class beta testers, others to participate actual game development, or at least giving that kind of feeling to them, and other class just to fill up places in stress testing.

Have you tried these two places to log in, I had trouble at first and access denied but have found these two work best and you should then have access to the beta forums.

In game have you tried logging in here :
Gran Turismo™Sport Closed Beta Test Version_20170508205353.jpg

Only this external link below direct from the email confirmation they sent works for me any other link i also get access denied. 👍
2017-05-09_095833.jpg

Man I'm starting to think some of these dude's are cheating. No way you can be 5-10 seconds faster. Even if you do got a setup that's just not right.

Don't look at it as pure seconds: look at the difference in terms of percentage. A second at Brands is big, but you probably wouldn't even notice a second difference in two of your laps at the 'Ring unless you had the times in front of you.

Another example at the 'Ring (admittedly over-simplified): someone only has to be 0.05 seconds faster than you in each corner to be 7.7 seconds faster by the end of the lap.

Man I'm starting to think some of these dude's are cheating. No way you can be 5-10 seconds faster. Even if you do got a setup that's just not right.
If you are talking about Big Willow then yes, quite a few people are. I replied to a PDI staff member yesterday about it and they liked my post yesterday and today so hopefully gets fixed in next update and couple of other things I mentioned. (Didn't know it was possible to get two likes from same person on PS forum, learn something new every day :D)

Personally I'm surprised how easy it is to be on pace as the fastest wheel users with DS4. Usually I find with a good setup, my first few laps in the Gr.3 or Gr.4 cars are good enough to be right up there, even if early or late on time trial, can usually get first position or at least top ten. Never felt so competitive in a GT game before, I wonder if the aliens are sandbagging or don't have as good setup. Feels a bit surreal to be ahead of some top drivers while doing quite a few mistakes. Such a good feeling of the limit in this game, if you feel like you aced it then shows up in sector times and ghost distance and good driving technique is rewarded a lot, much better than GT6.

Back