Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
I genuinely don't understand why you're attacking people's Statements? You did on the other Thread to myself and I let It go now you continue to try Multi Quote people to try and stamp down your 'Elite' View. I'll be hitting the Ignore button for the future. What an unpleasant person you are.
He wasn't attacking anyone lmao, you sound like you need a forum happy place, where no criticism is allowed. Sad, people are allowed to be disappointed, and you are not the one authority on what people can express and post.

A lot of assumptions still being made. Total campaign now has over 200+ events and all they showed was the very first mission and already it's concluded the rest of the campaign are all the same small driving test. With 200+ events I'm reserving judgement until we see what else there is.

If proper race events are there, surely we would have seen or heard about them by now. There is no evidence that they exist. Not to mention keeping them hidden behind all these driving missions and tutorials makes zero sense.

The only complaint I have is the track list. It's too much on the fantasy side. I love Dragon Trail but I want Spa, Laguna and Silverstone.
So the menus look amazing. But seriously this is so far the most disappointing track roaster! Where is Midfield? They re built it for a GT6 update without thinking about GTSport?! Where is my Grand Valley, Trial Mountain, Seattle....? GTSport features wise could be the good fundation for the future but the most important elements like cars and tracks are simply poor.

The only complaint I have is the track list. It's too much on the fantasy side. I love Dragon Trail but I want Spa, Laguna and Silverstone.

Yeah, biggest let down for me, even more after seeing PC2 track list, I hope thay add tracks often by DLC, also if they take for new tracks the Driveclub model of Free tracks/Pay cars so they wouldn't hurt the community, even more considering the e-sport aspect

A lot of assumptions still being made. Total campaign now has over 200+ events and all they showed was the very first mission and already it's concluded the rest of the campaign are all the same small driving test. With 200+ events I'm reserving judgement until we see what else there is.
Hmm..people are juding what PD has shown on official gaming media previews...if full blown races , championships were there , why would they hide it? All they have shown is micro, little challenges.

So the menus look amazing. But seriously this is so far the most disappointing track roaster! Where is Midfield? They re built it for a GT6 update without thinking about GTSport?! Where is my Grand Valley, Trial Mountain, Seattle....? GTSport features wise could be the good fundation for the future but the most important elements like cars and tracks are simply poor.
I have a feeling Midfield Raceway will make It's return, But only time will tell! I'd love to have Seattle that track was Incredible back to the GT2 Days & GT4.

Hmm..people are juding what PD has shown on official gaming media previews...if full blown races , championships were there , why would they hide it? All they have shown is micro, little challenges.
I wouldn't necessarily say they're hiding it. We still have some time for more info before release.

I wouldn't necessarily say they're hiding it. We still have some time for more info before release.

Point is why would they hold that back? it serves no purpose...if they were there we would have most likely known by now. Everything they have shown points to small, micro-challenges.

What makes it weirder, is that Apricot Hill and Midfield looked pretty good in GT6.

Yeah, biggest let down for me, even more after seeing PC2 track list, I hope thay add tracks often by DLC, also if they take for new tracks the Driveclub model of Free tracks/Pay cars so they wouldn't hurt the community, even more considering the e-sport aspect

Yeah, free tracks are a must. But to their credit -- they've done that with GT6.

On the other hand, PCARS 2 for me has too many tracks (a lot like GT4 in that regard). 20 is the perfect number in my opinion. (20 good ones that is).

Seems like they're just showing what's available at the very start of the game and journalist progress through from the very beginning rather than hiding latter portions of it. There's also the time constraint of trying to show more than just one race. Not all that uncommon considering several preview of other games sometimes just show the first tutorial level as a demo. They didn't even show what Racing Etiquette is in this preview. Did we even know about 24h endurance races with time change in GT5 until people actually played the game? I don't recall any previews of that.

Point is why would they hold that back? it serves no purpose...if they were there we would have most likely known by now. Everything they have shown points to small, micro-challenges.
I'm pretty confident there will be full races, just that the format means they've been relegated to 'advanced tutorial' experiences rather than being part of real series/events/cups/championships/whatever like before. You'll work your way towards them instead of them being the main attraction throughout.

I'm pretty confident there will be full races, just that the format means they've been relegated to 'advanced tutorial' experiences rather than being part of real series/events/cups/championships/whatever like before. You'll work your way towards them instead of them being the main attraction throughout.

That's idiotic.....there should be different categories of racing throughout..not just at the end of the campaign. I don't want 100 + micro-challenges , and then finally run a couple lap race.

Amy Winehouse facts in the menus. :/

Whoever led the direction of this game should be fired.

They relate the year of an automotive event with another event. For example in 2018 they'll show a card for a new Ford Fiesta -- and will put a non-automotive related card. So in 2018 it will probably be something like Donald Trump announcing that he is at war with a country that does not exist.

Probably to build up some hype closer to release, is the only thing I can imagine.

That's idiotic.....there should be different categories of racing throughout..not just at the end of the campaign. I don't want 100 + micro-challenges , and then finally run a couple lap race.
Yea, it sounds pretty lousy.

I think PD are going to find out pretty quickly that they didn't sell millions and millions of GT copies before because these customers were all hardcore competitive types, but because they enjoyed the extensive single player campaign, grinding out events, buying new cars and upgrading them that allowed them to race in different events and whatnot. Most of these people are not going to want to race online. It's intimidating, it requires you to really race properly and worst of all(for the more casual types) - it requires that you accept not winning as an acceptable and normal outcome. Meaning people need to find competitive racing to be its own reward rather than the usual 'carrot on a stick' progression design and completion.

Yeah....I can't imagine why any developer would want to release information on their game a little at a time leading up to release so the game keeps staying at the top of gaming site news feeds as more and more information about more and better features gets released.

They should just dump all the information in one go, months before release, so the general public forgets about the game before it's even release.....that would be much better... ;)

They relate the year of an automotive event with another event. For example in 2018 they'll show a card for a new Ford Fiesta -- and will put a non-automotive related card. So in 2018 it will probably be something like Donald Trump announcing that he is at war with a country that does not exist.
lol

I still think it's a really bizarre inclusion.

Man, there are a ton of offline events. Look forward to using those to improve my skills for racing.

Now that ther is an arcade mode which gives the ability to set up races/rules and win credits, I think the only thing a traditional campaign mode would add is pictures that represent a series of races:

latest

I understand that's important to some people, it just isn't to me.

Yeah....I can't imagine why any developer would want to release information on their game a little at a time leading up to release so the game keeps staying at the top of gaming site news feeds as more and more information about more and better features gets released.

They should just dump all the information in one go, months before release, so the general public forgets about the game before it's even release.....that would be much better... ;)
Yeah, I mean everyone forgets about call of duty, Destiny...are you new to gaming or something? They can easily tell us there are full blown racing championships without showing us everything...please. People are not going to forget a franchise because they showed us it had "GAsp" racing championships lmao,.

Man, there are a ton of offline events. Look forward to using those to improve my skills for racing.

Now that we have an arcade mode which gives us the ability to set up or own races/rules and win credits, I think the only thing a campaign mode would add is pictures that represent a series of races:
There are a lot of training events offline, I agree, but I was hoping for some sort of scheduled racing or something similar. I'm a bit disappointed with the lack of change.

While Arcade mode would be the next logical step, it probably wont be used up much by me. I never really liked setting up my own events, as I never really dive into that aspect of the game on any game I've owned. I actually enjoy a linear career mode, to be honest.

There are a lot of training events offline, I agree, but I was hoping for some sort of scheduled racing or something similar. I'm a bit disappointed with the lack of change.

While Arcade mode would be the next logical step, it probably wont be used up much by me. I never really liked setting up my own events, as I never really dive into that aspect of the game on any game I've owned. I actually enjoy a linear career mode, to be honest.

This is what most people want I suspect, challenges/tests are a good idea, but not at the expense of a meat and potatoes career mode.

Yeah, I mean everyone forgets about call of duty, Destiny...are you new to gaming or something? They can easily tell us there are full blown racing championships without showing us everything...please. People are not going to forget a franchise because they showed us it had "GAsp" racing championships lmao,.

And do Call of Duty and Destiny release all their information in one big data dump in one day......or do they release it piece by piece so that people keep talking about their games right up to release?

Would gamestop be releasing videos showing off the Livery editor if PD had given all that information out the day they announced the game? Would we be talking about it today....would gaming sites have it in their news feeds....?

And do Call of Duty and Destiny release all their information in one big data dump in one day......or do they release it piece by piece so that people keep talking about their games right up to release?

Would gamestop be releasing videos showing off the Livery editor if PD had given all that information out the day they announced the game? Would we be talking about it today....would gaming sites have it in their news feeds....?

No but they do well before launch, something as big as events in a racking game would be known....lol at thinking it would be forgotten if they revealed it before hand. Answer this, other GT games announced this way before launch,, were they forgotten?If anything it would help pre-orders and hype. People right now are disappointed in the campaign, the fix for that is show us there is more there...but they haven't, ask yourself why? It is only hurting the game right now.

No but they do well before launch, something as big as events in a racking game would be know....lol at thinking it would be forgotten if they revealed it before hand. Answer this, other GT games announced this way before launch,, were they forgotten?
The point of releasing information closer to release dates of the actual video games is to freshen it up in peoples minds and create hype. Destiny does not release information that long before hand. The game comes out in about a little over a month and we don't really know much about Destiny outside of the very very small beta.

The point of releasing information closer to release dates of the actual video games is to freshen it up in peoples minds and create hype. Destiny does not release information that long before hand. The game comes out in about a little over a month and we don't really know much about Destiny outside of the very very small beta.
Not true at all, they have detailed the patrols, destinations, PVP and many other aspects...either way, it is insane to say it would be forgotten if they showed a few events , I mean other GT's were never got forgotten and we knew a long time before launch. It's a silly thing to even post. It's GT, a huge long time running ip....the campaign info right now if anything is hurting the game.

Not true at all, they have detailed the patrols, destinations, PVP and many other aspects...either way, it is insane to say it would be forgotten if they showed a few events , I mean other GT's were never got forgotten and we knew a long time before launch. It's a silly thing to even post. It's GT, a huge long time running ip....the campaign info right now if anything is hurting the game.
Patrols are very small quests within a game, tiny, tiny things to do to waste time. They are not a large aspect of the game whatsoever. PVP is the easier part of the game to show off, you just need one map and some guns, which is still not a lot of information they've given on it. Saying there is new destinations doesn't really do much for us, we knew there was going to be new destinations. I think the most revealing thing right now is how the Farm works and looks. Still, we know so much more about GT, even months ago, than we do about Destiny, which is just over a month away, but this is going too far off topic.

In short, what we know, and have known about GTS is a lot more than what we know about Destiny at this point.

Other GT's always had large scale media pushes not long before release.

Patrols are very small quests within a game, tiny, tiny things to do to waste time. They are not a large aspect of the game whatsoever. PVP is the easier part of the game to show off, you just need one map and some guns, which is still not a lot of information they've given on it. Saying there is new destinations doesn't really do much for us, we knew there was going to be new destinations. I think the most revealing thing right now is how the Farm works and looks. Still, we know so much more about GT, even months ago, than we do about Destiny, which is just over a month away, but this is going too far off topic.

In short, what we know, and have known about GTS is a lot more than what we know about Destiny at this point.

Other GT's always had large scale media pushes not long before release.

patrol areas are the biggest PVe in the game.............not to mention weekly and daily treasure hunts, srikes, campaign, we know almost everything in Destiny sans story, We know Guided games, a raid is in, we even know the first story mission. Only thing we don;t know are more minute details, so I guess Destiny will be forgotten because we know what is in it lol.

No but they do well before launch, something as big as events in a racking game would be known....lol at thinking it would be forgotten if they revealed it before hand. Answer this, other GT games announced this way before launch,, were they forgotten?If anything it would help pre-orders and hype. People right now are disappointed in the campaign, the fix for that is show us there is more there...but they haven't, ask yourself why? It is only hurting the game right now.

You seem to be operating on the misguided impression that a few posters on GTPlanet are in some way reflective of how the general public perceive a game.

I would truly love to see you applying for a position in PR for a game developer.

"Yeah my marketing plan for your new game....we should release all the information about the game in one day about 9 months before release.....then just leave it at that."

I mean seriously......just go and check out any of the big gaming news websites....they are constantly talking about new information revealed about big titles.....the idea is to keep people talking about your game for a few months up to the release....

Did you honestly wonder why Forza are releasing information on their car list several dozen cars at a time every week up to release?

"OMG.....Forza doesn't have this one specific car I want....why don't they have it...why? why? why?......Why would they release a car list that doesn't have my favorite car???"

because they want to keep the game in players minds....they want people to keep noticing the game and build hype up until it's release....

If they released all the cars in one massive car list people would read that on one day and then forget about it......but release a new list every week.....and the gaming sites are talking about your game every week for a couple of months......

dude......this isn't rocket science.....it's how PR companies sell major titles.

Back