Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Today's Gr.4 daily race was very fun. The Tokyo track is very fast and flowing and you can have technical battles with clean drivers, although turn 1 can get messy. I won my first race in I don't know how long using the TT Cup.

I noticed that the Megane's power ratio for the race was 100% with BoP. IIRC it was stated as 104% in the lastest update. They nerfed it even more??? Savage AF from PD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today's Gr.4 daily race was very fun. The Tokyo track is very fast and flowing and you can have technical battles with clean drivers, although turn 1 can get messy. I won my first race in I don't know how long using the TT Cup.
What are the other two races?

Cool. How come for some they force competition car and other times it's garage car? both have no tuning anyway but one lets you use liveries and the other doesn't. Boo hiss :P

Also, for all you that love the holiday menu music, think about us retail workers who have been listening to it for the last month or so nonstop. I can't escape it! :banghead: :cheers:

I just got done with the first race of the Midship challenge, I can't help but wonder why PD thought to put a Veyron in the mix with all the other cars that are eligible, As far as I know whilst it is mid engined it is also the only 4wd car that can be used for it.

26024071_1547853451974982_2720654376629462818_o.jpg

got a VR for Christmas

I just got done with the first race of the Midship challenge, I can't help but wonder why PD thought to put a Veyron in the mix with all the other cars that are eligible, As far as I know whilst it is mid engined it is also the only 4wd car that can be used for it.

Honda NSX is also 4WD and mid engined.

I loved this new update, many cars are even and there is no OP, there are some reshaped but very little, like the Citroen or the Genesis (which I use), but very happy to see a lot of variety on the grid.

I love the sound of the R32, I do not know if it's like that in real life but I love it!

With 50 cars promised until March, I think they'll be releasing around 12 cars per month from now on, which seems pretty good to me if it's true, other games release less DLC comparatively. Hopefully the support doesn't end there and they keep going at least until they convert all the premiums from GT5/6.
That would be great, if it actually happens that is...

I noticed that the Megane's power ratio for the race was 100% with BoP. IIRC it was stated as 104% in the lastest update. They nerfed it even more??? Savage AF from PD.
I remember reading it as 100%. Maybe your copy at the time had errors, typos are common in GTSPORT news.

Did my first FIA manufacturers race on Alsace Village. I like that track and do pretty well compared to other C/B rated drivers. I am rated C and got a low 1:54 time which put me into second place. Wasn't expecting that but was nice. Used the Mazda Atenza, the Lexus also responds well to this track. First corner got dive-bombed by third place player who got a penalty instantly. So it sucks couldn't have a close race with the A driver in first, but thankfully karma got to him and he spun himself out. So got my second place back but couldn't catch the guy in first. Nevertheless was fun and long 10 laps.

Why does a fresh new game start out with 10 mileage points and 0.5 miles of recorded mileage? Also, is there a minor mileage bug? I often receive an extra 0.1 km than what's recorded on the post-race payouts screen after every driving session.

Got it for Christmas, played for 45 minutes or so before bed time (working a possible 10 hour shift tomorrow for possibly the busiest or second busiest (Wednesday may be worse) day of the year tomorrow).

Meh. Graphics are nice but not incredible, the driver assists keep resetting after each custom race, managed to get to level 6 so it shouldn't take long to unlock all the tracks and overall it just seems meh so far.

The museum is surprisingly interesting from a glance, scapes was a thing that I'm never gonna bother with again after the 2 minutes I did.

The intro movie got an eyebrow raise as I noticed a bunch of classic racers from FM7.

I'll probably play a few more hours and then forget about it for now and keep an eye on future updates.

So I’m improving online. Played a few hours today. I just got in the xbow and learnt the track. My qualifying time is improving slowly. Coming from last place I can now finish in the middle of the pack p4 was my highest qualifying for today’s daily. The wheel helps a lot. My last race I was in with a bunch of drivers that kept on crashing got knocked last corner but saved myself and came 9th lol.

Graphics not incredible? Haha this is getting so old........ your playing on a old school tv or with your eyes closed?

Dude come on......
Didn't seem incredible compared to FM7 on the Xbox One X. Better than PCARS2 and AC obviously but it's now wowing me right now at all. Maybe a 4k/hdr tv would impress more but I'm not going below 65" and thats in the $2k-3k range right now and out of my budget. Picked the quality option instead of framerate and everything.

Okey, someone please explain to me how the matchmaking is supposed to work?

Because this is not fair. :lol:

Yes, my qualification time is far from the best, but was only a 1 lap attempt. :P

avlxfd.jpg

Okey, someone please explain to me how the matchmaking is supposed to work?

Because this is not fair. :lol:

Yes, my qualification time is far from the best, but was only a 1 lap attempt. :P

avlxfd.jpg

When I was doing the Gr.4 race yesterday I ended getting half E DR (myself included) AND half B DR which were a good 5-10 secs a lap quicker than the rest of us.

Also does anyone know if there is a custom BGM option in GTS like in GT6? I don't mean custom MP3's, but rather choosing to have some in game songs (such as the new additions I don't quite like) omitted from the game?

I've tried the "broadcaster" music option to get rid of copyrighted music but it just got rid of in Race music completely.

Graphics not incredible? Haha this is getting so old........ your playing on a old school tv or with your eyes closed?

Dude come on......

It's not incredible on a non-HDR 1080p display. Just averagely good. Besides, the static but crisp background sceneries is an effortless way to enhance the overall impression.

Last edited:
I won the trophy after two races of 428 and 626 laps on the Northern Isle Speedway with the same car (SRT Tomahawk VGT), more or less 948km. (589 miles) (EDIT: Both races are endurance, 90 minutes and 2hrs)
At the end of the second race i've got the trophy
_
Are there news about helmets design?
Nothing is happening, not getting the trophy. I will try racing 500 mile race at once, then!

Is it just me who finds it annoying that you have to enter a track (loading times) to see a summary of lap records across classes. these should be accessible from a tab in the "home" screen or something. These should also sync to compare against your in-game friends, hello? They should also implement some tiny interface for music in-game, wish i could skip the elevator music sometimes... just venting ^^ feel like they could do some work with the interface to make it more user friendly.

Latest Posts

Back