Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
think I have sat on 18 - 20 mill for ages because I know as soon as I spend it. Its gonna take an absolute age to earn back! ... Be nice if you could sell the duplicate prize cars.

I'm interested how many people agree with this and think we deserve a better virtual economic system.

First: PD obviously wants people involved in the GT Sport Manufacturers and Nations Cup competions so: why not boost purses in those races by a zero or two. Even if you get knocked off the track in a midfield scrap (and BTW lose Safety Rating points) more people might participate if the payout was worth it. The GT Sport Daily Races would be a good place to start boosting purses.

I hear a lot of people complaining about a lack of top grade competition online. "A" drivers abandon lobbies full of B,C,D and E drivers because it can only hurt their driver rating. So, then the chance of gaining more driver rating points drops. It's a viscious circle now, but it could be a virtuous circle with some simple changes.

It would also be cool to get credits when people use decals and liveries made in the game. Some people are obviously spending a lot of time doing cool original and retro liveries, why not reward the effort? We're talking about handing out more credits to get people more involved in the game.

Please, if nothing else, enlighten me to the downside of these ideas or add more.

Finally picked myself up a PS4 Pro with GT Sport. Couldn't pass up the deal for $350 shipped. Took my poor 20 mb/s internet about 8 hours to download all of the updates. Did some time trials and races in Arcade mode while I waited, then let it finish while I slept. So going to start on leveling up and getting some cars in the garage tonight. In the mean time I went on the GT site and downloaded a few liveries. Playing with the controller for the moment which isn't a terrible experience, but hopefully picking up a used G29 this weekend for $150. Looking forward to getting back into GT after being away since GT6. Once I get settled might bring back FMSC. :)

Double spread about Sim racing and esports in this months Evo. GTS and @Jimmy B get mentioned and quoted.

IMG_20190316_104526.jpg

Totally agree with the livery idea. For every download the creator can get like 2,500 credits or something. You're.right In the fact that they spend a good length of time and effort on them. Sort of like a royalties payout but in digitised game credits, I think it will ensure consistency out of the creation community as well.

Currently Confirmed for the Next Update:
Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta passo corto CN.2521 '61
Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Competition
Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary '88
Lancia Strato's '73
Dallara SF19 Super Formula / Honda '19
Dallara SF19 Super Formula / Toyota '19

And an unidentified car had been confirmed by @zexelr34.
Is this a shot taken in Scapes mode or a shot in the Museum?

Nothing but the Super Formula cars are confirmed for March 28. The other cars might be in another update.

Currently Confirmed for the Next Update:
Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta passo corto CN.2521 '61
Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Competition
Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary '88
Lancia Strato's '73
Dallara SF19 Super Formula / Honda '19
Dallara SF19 Super Formula / Toyota '19

And an unidentified car had been confirmed by @zexelr34.
Is this a Scapes shot or a Museum picture?

The likely possible car in that Scapes shot (it's not a museum picture) would be the Porsche Carrera GT, but I could be wrong.

Nothing but the Super Formula cars are confirmed for March 28. The other cars might be in another update.

Just a guess since logic doesn’t usually apply, but you’d think there’s a good chance they’ll be in the next update if they’re being shown at an event like this. Which, to me, makes it unlikely we’ll see a track in the next update. I can’t imagine they wouldn’t use the press of this event to promote all the new content they can and if one was ready they’d show it here. Then again we know the Dallaras are coming and we didn’t see them.... like I said. Logic doesn’t apply.

Would PD ever consider subdividing GrX into more competitive classes? Say, for example, make a GrY and a GrZ, putting the worst current GrX cars like the Honda 2&4, Copen VGT, or BMW i3 in GrZ, medially powered GrX cars like the VGTs in the intermediate level GT League event, RS01, and the Tesla Model S in GrY, then save GrX for the VGT+s and extremely powerful cars like the Zonda (since PD refuses to put it into a normal category). Then allow these groups to race as an option. It'd make it more balanced yet still help separate cars that don't quite fit normally otherwise.

Isn't the Competition a V6 car just like the Standard version?
But interestingly, it doesn't have the boost meter. It's a natural aspirated car unlike the Standard version.
Maybe its higher rev limit (17,000rpm→18,700rpm?) is thanks to it.
6C45884C-2170-4888-B7AC-EF12ABF0D8B2.png

3E9AAC0F-5FE9-40B1-87C7-00388C384350.png

Totally agree with the livery idea. For every download the creator can get like 2,500 credits or something. You're.right In the fact that they spend a good length of time and effort on them. Sort of like a royalties payout but in digitised game credits, I think it will ensure consistency out of the creation community as well.

It would be fascinating to see the metrics and what PD is studying to keep a lot of potential innovations out of GTSport. For example, no B-Spec grinding to amass credits.

PD could incorporate new ideas into the eco-system, and gauge player reactions. Would credits for liveries downloaded by another player create cheats, or would it promote creativity? That said, creativity for free is still through the roof. Are livery editors happy to continue just amassing followers?

Game development appears to be a straight push on new cars and new tracks. That probably satisfies a majority of the community. Yet, it is also universally unsatisfactory as new cars are introduced that don't fit current competition formats, new tracks are introduced but are not the ones anticipated, or are just PD fantasy tracks when many players want real tracks or traditional fantasy tracks reintroduced.

Back