Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Writer? :eek::eek::eek:

Could it be my dream of PD creating an actual narrative to a racing driver's journey becoming reality?

"While committing to the development site of "Gran Turismo", you will be writing a wide range of texts, such as in-game guidance texts, online manuals, and articles on the official site "Gran Turismo.com".

Using the benefits of being in the same company where the game is being developed, we will write the text while collecting the game development status and collecting materials. At the same time, you will be asked to translate the produced text and arrange related materials (images and videos).."​

"While committing to the development site of "Gran Turismo", you will be writing a wide range of texts, such as in-game guidance texts, online manuals, and articles on the official site "Gran Turismo.com".

Using the benefits of being in the same company where the game is being developed, we will write the text while collecting the game development status and collecting materials. At the same time, you will be asked to translate the produced text and arrange related materials (images and videos).."​

Thanks for the translation, man.

(I would love this job BTW :bowdown:)

Gtmu1JB.jpg

09-revenge-of-the-nerds.w700.h700.jpg

This is too delicious is it not?

GT Sport the ultimate nerd simulator.

Also do they not know Tokyo Express exists?

I had some ideas regarding Sport Mode!

-First, I had an idea for the Daily Races. They could return to being truly daily, but there could be a algorithm-like way of which races would be on what days. So there'd be some days where the races are repeated annually on that day, and are based on a combination of real-world race & event dates and various anniversaries. Then there could be a listing of races that could be somewhat randomly picked for most of the other days, including races based on FIAGTC World Tour races, or races based on those from various campaigns in the Gran Turismo series. (This would still permit new content to be featured, since some cars/tracks could fit into a pre-existing motif.) I think with all the cars/tracks and other potential rulesets, 365 doesn't seem as big of a number, haha. I wonder if the trophies for poles/wins were easier when the races were really daily?

-Next, I wonder how Pro/Am distinctions could be implemented? I think it could be quite simple: if we use the current system in GTS, any player who's DR A or higher is "Pro," and everything lower is "Am." So if you're in a field of DR A and B drivers, and you're DR B, you can get eligible victories/poles in the context of your class, rather than the entire field. You can also get a bonus for class victories and an even larger victory for winning overall.

-On that note, I think credit/exp payout should be more like the championship points yield, where it's based on the DR of the field, rather that what cars are being driven.

-I also wonder what could be learned from GT Academy and its emphasis on Time Trials? Especially with Sport Mode Time Trials being a recent addition to GTS. Like if some championships could only permit you to enter if you set a time within a certain threshold, like how some real motorsports only allow the slowest eligible time to deviate from the best time by a certain percentage. This would be opposed to building DR in Daily Races to be used in the championships to be matched with a higher-yielding field, whereas I think the Daily Races should have their own ladder, while each championship should have its own respective ladder instead of having one feed into the other.

This is too delicious is it not?

GT Sport the ultimate nerd simulator.

Also do they not know Tokyo Express exists?

The most important thing you can infer by this is that a exclusivity deal between Toyota and GT is probably a thing. Don't care that much about Toyota to miss it on other games, but it is nice that Poliphony is beefing up their assets.

There's a show on Netflix called Hyperdrive. What's interesting about it is it's like real life imitating video games. Basically Ninja Warrior with cars.

Car makers should check it out and then ask themselves how sure they are of the future of racing. Possibilities are endless and some things come out of nowhere.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8911552/

Cheesy trailer -

Last edited:
So I picked up my iPad the other day and it was on a screen I have never seen before. It was a table of what appeared to be a list of ALL of the Daily (Weekly) races that I had run qualifying laps on. For each event it showed my ranking for that event, the track name, and the event date at least. The dates went back to the beginning of the game. The very old events did not have the track name( I think).
I have been back to every site that I know of and I cannot find this page again. Can anyone tell me where I was? The look of the table reminds me of the race times on the GTS Companion App.
My browsing history was erased so that’s no help.

Any thoughts out there?

LancerEvo7 thanks for the quick reply. This is bugging me bad. I looked there and I’ve been there before. I will dig thru the pages and see if that’s it. I’ll keep all posted.

LancerEvo7, you were correct. MANY MANY THANKS KIND SIR/MAAM. It must have been a late night of enjoyment because I do not have any clue how I ended up there. When I see you on line I will give you a free pass.

Last edited:
Apparently, Toyota came out yesterday and finally confirmed that they're only licensing out to Gran Turismo Sport in a series of Tweets. Because of the whole "no Toyotas in NFS Heat" thing.

I heard about that on a site called GTPlanet or something.

https://www.gtplanet.net/toyota-gaming-no-street-racing/

Didn't see it. Also, isn't it against the TOS to insult other user's intelligence? I mean, I was just trying to be helpful. Maybe there were other people who didn't scroll down on the main menu. OR maybe there are people who are linked directly to the forum. I don't REALLY understand why the insulting statement was needed. You could have said "Yup. Here a link the to the article." But instead you got snippy and sarcastic and essentially called me stupid. And that's just NOT okay. This is how you scare people away, actually. Because no one wants to be degraded like that. That's just being a bully. And if the Admins are bullies, that's not a great forum.

ALSO ALSO, that article is on NFS Heat and this isn't NFSPlanet. Frankly, I'm not entirely sure if that would be a better site. I really don't know which community is worse.

Didn't see it. Also, isn't it against the TOS to insult other user's intelligence? I mean, I was just trying to be helpful. Maybe there were other people who didn't scroll down on the main menu. OR maybe there are people who are linked directly to the forum. I don't REALLY understand why the insulting statement was needed. You could have said "Yup. Here a link the to the article." But instead you got snippy and sarcastic and essentially called me stupid. And that's just NOT okay. This is how you scare people away, actually. Because no one wants to be degraded like that. That's just being a bully. And if the Admins are bullies, that's not a great forum.

ALSO ALSO, that article is on NFS Heat and this isn't NFSPlanet. Frankly, I'm not entirely sure if that would be a better site. I really don't know which community is worse.
Hoo, boy.

When making a lobby, what's the "cafe" option meant to imply, as a further descriptor? (Same tab as "Race/Endurance for Fun/Real," "Share Tips & Tricks," etc.) Isn't that the same as just cruising?

I've noticed that when Gr.2 cars are added, they're in groups of three. One from each major Japanese automaker (Toyota/Lexus, Nissan, and Honda) and they all come from the same season of Super GT. Assuming that older JGTC GT500 cars would also be eligible, and assuming that new Gr.2 cars will be limited to cars that'll have been refurbished from prior GT games, I had some potential ideas on what cars could be next for Gr.2:

-2000 JGTC Season
Castrol Mugen/Raybrig/ARTA NSX
Loctite Zexel/Calsonic Skyline GT-R
Denso Sard/Castrol Tom's Supra

-2001 JGTC Season
Loctite Mugen/Mobil 1 NSX
Pennzoil Zexel/Xanavi Hiroto GT-R
Castrol Tom's/au Cerumo Supra

-2003 JGTC Season
Takata Dome NSX
Xanavi Nismo GT-R
Woodone Tom's Supra

However, I think cars with sponsors not already in the game will be more likely, as will be cars with sponsors associated with the factory. (See: Super GT500 Motul Autech GT-R, as Autech is closely associated with Nissan.)

But this also means the iconic Supra from the '97 season would be barred, as would some other neat JGTC/Super GT cars, like the GT500-spec Nissan Z33, the Honda HSV-010, or the Yellowhat Supra that was actually in one of the first Super GT seasons. We also still don't fully know what other cars could be eligible for Gr.2, or if GT300 cars really are going to go into Gr.3 despite potentially having much less power than the cars in that class so far.

Personally, I'm hoping they'll bend the rules a bit with this apparent trend, (not that a sample size of two is much to go on) and that if they had to pick one of these JGTC seasons to add as a trio of cars, they'd just stick with 2000, given that season's Castrol Tom's Supra, and the car's prominence in Gran Turismo 3.

Last edited:
So a storm is rolling through my area and lightning hit really close to my apartment, knocking out my internet. Got it all up and running again, GT Sport says it is connected to the server and when I manually save it says that it was successful. But I still have a "Online saving failed." on the bottom right of the screen. Is this a bug?

Back