Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Ah here we go again. I hate to say this again, halo is dangerous since the first place. It is implemented for safety is a big BS. It is actually for sponshorship, they can put the logos on there. But making it translucent in the game is also ridiculous. Why just didn't bring Super Formula 2018 instead that has no halo if PD itself also admit halo is dangerous because it blocks driver's center view? I think it could be illegal modifying the halo since it is a FIA certified game.
Are you alright? Seems too be an abnormally sore subject somehow.

I haven't seen a whole lot of halo racing to be honest this year, but I have seen the amount of times it's successfully deflected debris from directly hitting drivers this racing season. 'It's only for advertising' could not be any more wrong in my opinion

Are you alright? Seems too be an abnormally sore subject somehow.

I haven't seen a whole lot of halo racing to be honest this year, but I have seen the amount of times it's successfully deflected debris from directly hitting drivers this racing season. 'It's only for advertising' could not be any more wrong in my opinion

I just wanted to say, let the halo as it should be. No need to make it transparent. Sorry to say to PD, don't bring it to the game. I myself enjoy driving the Super Formula in cockpit mode without any assists except weak ABS, although it could be dangerous somehow if suddenly there is accident near in the front when your car runs over 200 km/h that give you no room and time to avoid new crash, or cars / AI that brakes for too long around the corner because the driver's center view is blocked by the halo itself, you brake too hard, you lost the control of your car. I actually want to tell more opinion as detail as I could about halo in F1 and F2 which involved several accidents so far, but I think maybe it isn't my field even though as a fan as well as an audience can more or less give opinions, moreover it concerns human lives. Something that seems protective sometimes actually means the opposite. Rather than seeing it as something to be thankful for because its presence seemed to have avoided the loss of life, why not see from the point of view why it (the accident) could happen. Open wheels existence has not been since yesterday. Halo perhaps the stupidest regulation in the history of open wheels. At least, for me.
I say this again to PD especially, if they make the halo transparent in the game, why not remove the entire halo of the car? Because if not, that is hypocrite.

Last edited:
Didn't want to start an argument about the merits of the halo, but if you're sat in a real car with a beam in front of you, it doesn't block your view as you've got two eyes so you can see "through" it, as it were. It's on a different plane to what you're looking at.

The problem with the halo in a video game is that you can't replicate that, because the wheel, the halo and the far distance are all on the same plane - that of your monitor - so it does block out a huge chunk of your sight line in a game.

Didn't want to start an argument about the merits of the halo, but if you're sat in a real car with a beam in front of you, it doesn't block your view as you've got two eyes so you can see "through" it, as it were. It's on a different plane to what you're looking at.

The problem with the halo in a video game is that you can't replicate that, because the wheel, the halo and the far distance are all on the same plane - that of your monitor - so it does block out a huge chunk of your sight line in a game.

Driving behind halo is different than without it, for sure. If the block of it is removed in the game, than it could be no different if it hasn't existed since the first place.

This is evident in VR. The halo is all but invisible because you are focusing your eyes on the road ahead. It's practically invisible and matches exactly real drivers' impressions on visibility.

This is evident in VR. The halo is all but invisible because you are focusing your eyes on the road ahead. It's practically invisible and matches exactly real drivers' impressions on visibility.
In VR, you can move your head.

>sees that the CTR3 can come in magenta stock

ex4cRucm.jpg

In VR, you can move your head.

It has nothing to do with that. It's stereoscopic 3D. Just the way our eyes work in real life. When you focus in the distance, close objects are blurred and almost disappear from your vision. You don't move your head to avoid it. You just look right past the halo and don't even notice it.

On a flat screen it's horrible. Blocks all your vision. That's why F1 2019 has an option to remove the halo piller. Because in 2D the halo is a ridiculous obstruction.

It has nothing to do with that. It's stereoscopic 3D. Just the way our eyes work in real life. When you focus in the distance, close objects are blurred and almost disappear from your vision. You don't move your head to avoid it. You just look right past the halo and don't even notice it.

On a flat screen it's horrible. Blocks all your vision. That's why F1 2019 has an option to remove the halo piller. Because in 2D the halo is a ridiculous obstruction.

That's an info. But I don't like the translucent / transparent halo. I'm afraid if PD make it permanent translucent without an option. Perhaps make it thinner than before because in real life I believe that piller is not completely disappear from driver's view.

That's an info. But I don't like the translucent / transparent halo. I'm afraid if PD make it permanent translucent without an option. Perhaps make it thinner than before because in real life I believe that piller is not completely disappear from driver's view.

"I'm not going to lie, I don't like it," Toro Rosso driver Pierre Gasly said. "But that's what we have. And honestly, when you drive, you don't really see it. You are paying attention to other things, so it doesn't disturb you at all."

"When you are sitting there you only see the center pillar and a small part of the wider one, but you are not looking there anyway. It's a small thing in the middle and that's it, I'm completely used to it and it's fine," Mercedes driver Valtteri Bottas said. "It took a little bit of time to get used to it but its OK. It's not been disturbing anything."

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/sport...he-halo-but-have-gotten-used-to-it/111002880/

"I'm not going to lie, I don't like it," Toro Rosso driver Pierre Gasly said. "But that's what we have. And honestly, when you drive, you don't really see it. You are paying attention to other things, so it doesn't disturb you at all."

"When you are sitting there you only see the center pillar and a small part of the wider one, but you are not looking there anyway. It's a small thing in the middle and that's it, I'm completely used to it and it's fine," Mercedes driver Valtteri Bottas said. "It took a little bit of time to get used to it but its OK. It's not been disturbing anything."

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/sport...he-halo-but-have-gotten-used-to-it/111002880/

Thanks for the articles. We got used to the halo too in GTS. So no need for PD to make it translucent.

Thanks for the articles. We got used to the halo too in GTS. So no need for PD to make it translucent.
There is a need. If you ever have an oportunity to try vr - do it. When you are in the cockpit It kinda blurs out. In non VR/2D camera focuses to it.
Try to have one finger in front of you and look ahead. It becomes translucent.

It is the same as with night in games. Games replicate cameras but I myself can see 10x better then any game simulates

Last edited:
PD adding payed dlc to the game, and exactly at this moment there appears game breaking bug. Time to believe in karma and microtransactions harm.

Did anyone else see the thread a few days ago where a rep from Radical was looking for suggestions on how to contact PD and/or Kaz? I just want confirmation it wasn’t a hoax or anything.

I wish before a sport mode race, during the loading screen before and after a race, you could press a button to hide all of the menus so you can just look at the cars, the track etc. Especially when I queues you up with people and the driver is sitting in the garage with your car, it would be great to hide the menus and driver list so you can just see the background. Looks great.

I wish before a sport mode race, during the loading screen before and after a race, you could press a button to hide all of the menus so you can just look at the cars, the track etc. Especially when I queues you up with people and the driver is sitting in the garage with your car, it would be great to hide the menus and driver list so you can just see the background. Looks great.
Should let those in the garage, spectate.

Isn't every generation of the BMW M3 supposed to have roughly similar driving characteristics? I'm asking because the E92 in GTS isn't very keen on performing throttle-induced oversteer (near impossible actually). The E30, E46 and F82 do it without hesitation, so why does the E92 behave so different? :confused:

Ah here we go again. I hate to say this again, halo is dangerous since the first place. It is implemented for safety is a big BS. It is actually for sponshorship, they can put the logos on there. But making it translucent in the game is also ridiculous. Why just didn't bring Super Formula 2018 instead that has no halo if PD itself also admit halo is dangerous because it blocks driver's center view? I think it could be illegal modifying the halo since it is a FIA certified game.
Tin-foil-hats-Signs.jpg

are you serious right now?

Tin-foil-hats-Signs.jpg

are you serious right now?
Forget it. I had even planned to not watch F1 before the 2018 season began when they first time testing using halo. But by the way this might just be my feeling that there have been more accidents throughout the season since it was used. I'm not too sure to say this because I sometimes accidentally saw the highlight videos on Youtube.

Forget it. I had even planned to not watch F1 before the 2018 season began when they first time testing using halo. But by the way this might just be my feeling that there have been more accidents throughout the season since it was used. I'm not too sure to say this because I sometimes accidentally saw the highlight videos on Youtube.
Watch highlights of (V8)Supercars, WRC and NASCAR. They'll mainly put together the crashes for viewer effect. Those cars do not have halos. Just saying....

Back