Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Thanks for the feedback, will try this out đź‘Ť

Furthermore, getting gold on the licenses will gift you several cars (automatic gift for silver).

Doing the mission challenges will give you a lot Cr. and you get a car at the end of each series. There's currently 10 series I think, so 10 cars in total.

You also get a car everyday for driving the allotted distance, namely, Daily Workout, of 27 miles if I recall correctly.

27 miles is doable even if you don't have enough free time.

Last edited:
Realistically any track will do... eg. I normally do Spa.

7km so do 6 laps and one drift session.

To maximise money do n400 vs Gr.4 - there isnt much good now. I havent tried n300 vs Gr.B for a while.

I got Project Cars 2 and GTSport around Thanksgiving (I put off buying GTSport until a sale because of bad development decisions since GT5 (I passed on buying GT6) and no improvements in alot of areas, and actually downgrades like no dynamic weather or timechange, lack of cars (especially iconic cars) and new cars, lack of tracks, no body mods such as wings/spoilers, exhaust, front lips, etc. even previous Gran Turismo's had this, as well as no performance mods from past GT's like engine upgrades superchargers/ turbos, intake systems, exhaust, ECU tuning, Stage 1, Stage 2 and Stage 3 options, chassis reinforcement, weight reduction, brakes, transmission, drivetrain, suspension, etc. in GTSport. Feels like half an unfinished game. I've been a lifelong GT fan btw). I've spent most of my time enjoying Project Cars 2, I really like it and feel like GTSport is a step back in most regards compared to it.
I just hope we get engine upgrades superchargers/ turbos, intake systems, exhaust, ECU tuning, Stage 1, Stage 2 and Stage 3 options, chassis reinforcement, weight reduction, brakes, transmission, drivetrain, suspension and as wings/spoilers, etc for the next new racing game from PD.
GT5 & GT6 I really enjoyed those two games on PS3 but with GT Sport it is well down, like light years down compared time spent playing on GT5 and 6.

Just to back track, there are ,"loaner cars", but you have to sign a contract with a Manufacturer of your choice, in Brand Central.

You can have a look at all Gr.3/Gr.4 cars available, in the FIA manufacturer Series in Sport Mode. Just sign a contract when you are sure of the cars you want to use for a season. Even if you don't do the FIA races, at least you'll have the Gr.3 car you wanted.

It says "The locker numbers are also courses".

Interesting that Silverstone and Seattle are in there :lol:

I know, right? Opera Paris is also there. But we must not get teased :lol: for these are "mere labels" and "nothing else".

Right next to the lockers, this mysterious symbol was on one of the doors. I've never seen this before, maybe a new track or manufacturer?

womens-toilet-symbol-sign-32_580x.gif

:P

Tourist Trophy 2 announced for PS4, GT7 for PS5 as launch title. Make this happen Kaz. Haha
Dreamin' is free
Dreamin', dreaming is free
I don't want to live on charity
Pleasure's real or is it fantasy?

I can't remember, but does GTS account for how some 4WD cars may have a given bias towards the front or rear axle? I think only a few cars have 50-50 torque distribution, and most have it going to the rear axle to varying degrees. I'm curious if GT also accounts for that - how one 4WD model with a rear bias may have 60% of the torque, or while another may have 70% of the torque, and so on.

I can't remember, but does GTS account for how some 4WD cars may have a given bias towards the front or rear axle? I think only a few cars have 50-50 torque distribution, and most have it going to the rear axle to varying degrees. I'm curious if GT also accounts for that - how one 4WD model with a rear bias may have 60% of the torque, or while another may have 70% of the torque, and so on.
If the car is equipped with a Torque Sensing Differential, then that setting can be adjusted. However, I'm not sure if it's present in GT Sport.

If the car is equipped with a Torque Sensing Differential, then that setting can be adjusted. However, I'm not sure if it's present in GT Sport.

But that's not what I'm referring to. I mean the torque distribution that's stock on various 4WD cars, which I believe can differ depending on what the engineers/designers intended. I wanted to know if that's accounted for in the games. I'm referring to stuff like the default torque split; I read that for one example, the V10 Audi R8 has 15% going to the front, and 85% going to the rear.

But that's not what I'm referring to. I mean the torque distribution that's stock on various 4WD cars, which I believe can differ depending on what the engineers/designers intended. I wanted to know if that's accounted for in the games. I'm referring to stuff like the default torque split; I read that for one example, the V10 Audi R8 has 15% going to the front, and 85% going to the rear.
Is there not an indication for this when viewed in the car's settings?

So I've upgraded from my trusty old G29 to a Fanatec CSL Elite today, and GT Sport feels like a completely different game with the new wheel!!! Bumps and kerbs are so much more detailed, the force feedback is stronger but also tighter and more precise, its been brilliant and already seems worth the price...

Just got mine all set up. My arms are shot :lol:

IMG_20191231_012347_265.jpg

I turned off that FEI feature because on GTS it feels off. PCars2 doesn't have the same weird rumble.

I'm stunned there's no Lexus LFA yet

I've just updated after not touching this game for 1-2 years, kept seeing GT Sport update threads on other forums and finally decided to get back into it with the old Porsche just added.

To get the LFA I have boot up the PS3. The car model is one of the best in GT5, I just can't believe this car wasn't one of the first to be updated over what's in the Lexus garage currently or simply allow a GT5 best models garage in GT Sport.

PS4 came out in 2013 and we're just approaching 2020.

I'm stunned there's no Lexus LFA yet

I've just updated after not touching this game for 1-2 years, kept seeing GT Sport update threads on other forums and finally decided to get back into it with the old Porsche just added.

To get the LFA I have boot up the PS3. The car model is one of the best in GT5, I just can't believe this car wasn't one of the first to be updated over what's in the Lexus garage currently or simply allow a GT5 best models garage in GT Sport.

PS4 came out in 2013 and we're just approaching 2020.
Who knows if they can bring it this month or maybe later sometime this year?

Back