Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
Potentially obvious question: do the LH time trials offer substantial experience in addition to credits? I still don't feel like I'll be level 50 anytime soon, so if those time trials sped things up, that'd be great, in addition to the credits they offer.
No. It’s all about the benjamins when it comes to rewards in the LH trials. The XP rewards are none to speak of.

I’m personally fine with the current endurances being about an hour, especially since there isn’t any dynamic time/weather. I’d wait for the next game to feature that. I’d also make the endurances as long as they were in GT3, as a compromise. Especially since in real life, one driver doesn’t drive the whole 24h.

Also, do the LH Time Trials offer notable experience in addition to the credits?
Boosting GT League events seems a relatively low resource way of increasing content for existing (and new) users. Give out some decent Credit & XP bonuses and it can replace the grinding many already do.

As for Hamilton.......maybe he can set some times of the newer tracks for his DLC.

giphy.gif

Boosting GT League events seems a relatively low resource way of increasing content for existing (and new) users. Give out some decent Credit & XP bonuses and it can replace the grinding many already do.

As for Hamilton.......maybe he can set some times of the newer tracks for his DLC.

Wait....so how is he running GT full width on an ultra wide monitor? I must have missed something.

edit: and it doesn’t look squashed.

Gran Turismo's Twitter account liked this post. Maybe a future DLC car?

I wouldn't assume that whatsoever. It's a functioning GT media account, with their community support improving. I wouldn't expect their account to only like images or posts based on their own agenda.

I wouldn't assume that whatsoever. It's a functioning GT media account, with their community support improving. I wouldn't expect their account to only like images or posts based on their own agenda.
Yeah, I'm not sure either. That's why I didn't make a separate thread. But, who knows...

I did some practice for my league race last night and when I came into the pits, the tyres that came off the car had a decent amount of graining on it. Since when has this been a thing? I've never noticed it before.

Just bought the Lewis Hamilton DLC and I'm not having fun with it. These times are so close to each other and Lewis just takes off like a rocket. That's expected from a professional F1 driver...

I'll be lucky if I can get just Bronze.

Just bought the Lewis Hamilton DLC and I'm not having fun with it. These times are so close to each other and Lewis just takes off like a rocket. That's expected from a professional F1 driver...

I'll be lucky if I can get just Bronze.

Do the Monza trial first. It's the easiest one of the lot. You can get an easy diamond on it. Hamilton short shifts on the straights so you're already ahead by the time you start the lap. He realises this by the end of the lap and runs through the gears more.

On Mt. Panorama he has fixed the short shifting habit.

The Nurburgring trial is also not too bad. Just keep the car in 3rd gear for most of the trial and you'll gain a few tenths in every corner.

Willow Springs should be last. It is absolutely brutal. I'm still struggling with it.

If you've played Sport Mode or tuned your own GT3 cars you'll hate the Mercedes they give you. It's a really early build tune of the car that makes it really stiff and understeer.

What you can do in almost every track is abuse the curbs and track limits. Being an F1 driver, Hamilton will reference real life track limits. So you can gain on him by riding the curbs on Dragon Trail, Suzuka, Interlagos, and Nurburgring GP.

You got this. I got Gold on all of then using a controller. Diamond on two of them with a wheel. Diamond on four of them with a controller.

I need four more diamonds to finish the trials.

Last edited:
I only got Silver on Magiorre and Monza so far.
Well that's good! Keep going! You just have to get used to the car, and its limits. Once you've figured those out you can then start pushing track limits.

The Mercedes, especially on Willow with all the bank angle changes, likes to snap over steer. So beware of any sharp bank angle changes as it will upset the car.

Also watch SuperGT, TheKie25, zocker1990, and Lewis Bentley on YouTube. They have excellent track guides.

I noticed some things. The Lamborghini VGT was officially stated for Spring 2020, while the Mazda RX-Vision Gr.3 is coming in late May. We also know the Porsche 917 "Living Legend" is coming on its 50th anniversary, but the car was built in 1969. However, it did win at the LM24 in 1970, so with that in mind, here's my idea: given that I consider Mar/Apr/May as being Spring, I bet the Lamborghini VGT will be joining the Mazda RX-Vision Gr.3 in being added within the same update, as I consider Jun/Jul/Aug as being Summer. Then, next month in June, when the LM24 usually is, that's when I think we'll get the 917 "Living Legend" concept.

As for the Porsche VGT, I'd imagine it'd be sometime in the latter half of this year, with July being the absolute earliest. I'd wager it'd be coming sometime in the Fall of this year, to be realistic, though. I personally hope we get more Porsche models, too, as it seems like PD has been focusing on rounding out the 911 range, which I still don't mind. That said, I'd love the 959 and a hypothetical 959 Gr.B Rally Car, as well as the 918, the original 917, Carrera GT, and possibly a newer Cayman. I think it'd also be neat to see where the 911 GT1 from the late 90s would fit in, as it could very well go into Gr.2. Of course, the roadgoing model would be a great way to compliment that, too.

As for the Porsche VGT, I'd imagine it'd be sometime in the latter half of this year, with July being the absolute earliest. I'd wager it'd be coming sometime in the Fall of this year, to be realistic, though. I personally hope we get more Porsche models, too, as it seems like PD has been focusing on rounding out the 911 range, which I still don't mind. That said, I'd love the 959 and a hypothetical 959 Gr.B Rally Car, as well as the 918, the original 917, Carrera GT, and possibly a newer Cayman. I think it'd also be neat to see where the 911 GT1 from the late 90s would fit in, as it could very well go into Gr.2. Of course, the roadgoing model would be a great way to compliment that, too.
Yeah, um... Don't expect all those Porsche models to show up in GT Sport.

Back