Gran Turismo Sport: General Discussion

• Thread starter Formidable
  • 47,123 comments
An hour/hour and a half is the longest stint i will go w/out a break, I do tend to switch it up. I notice my performance degrades significantly after about 45 minutes. Usually I just do a custom variant of the FIA race settings. Like for this time, Sarth being 7 laps for Manu. Other times I'll just do an endurance of a track/circuit of 45-hour to get to know it. (And I am sloooooooow at Sarth.)

Oddly i bought the racing/gaming chair before I bought this game LOL
I've done a few races longer than an hour and a half without taking any breaks, and I'm on a controller.

Random question: For those of you with wheels and pedals....

Do you wear gloves? Do you wear racing shoes? Do you go barefoot?

I ask because I drive on the Logitech wheel & pedals (no complaints) and I generally go with just socks - I feel the brakes better. I have no issues with sweaty hands (tho my older PS4 can heat my entire room And that’s a different issue I’m addressing)

When I first got my wheel/pedals, I wore just socks. Things felt fine, but....

I heard swimming shoes work well as a budget replacement over racing shoes although I've never tried them. I don't wear gloves, I rarely an issue with grip or sweat. I see an argument to wear them over long sessions to prevent sweat otherwise there's no need.

I took @Pigems advice & found some swim shoes & have used them ever since. In a real race car, you can't drive in socks or barefoot, so it just furthers the simulation in my eyes. :lol: But, I don't wear gloves however. The gloves (I feel) would be bulky & cumbersome.

I ask because I drive on the Logitech wheel & pedals (no complaints) and I generally go with just socks - I feel the brakes better. I have no issues with sweaty hands (tho my older PS4 can heat my entire room And that’s a different issue I’m addressing)

Now I just spent an hour and a half at LeMans practicing GR3 and I’m really feeling it in my whole leg and just looking for other options and seeing what everyone else does.

I only use socks. As the brake pedal doesn't have the bite of a real brake pedal I get more feel just using socks.
I don't wear gloves. Don't see any reason to and would only hit the wrong buttons on my wheel because of them.

Now I just spent an hour and a half at LeMans practicing GR3 and I’m really feeling it in my whole leg and just looking for other options and seeing what everyone else does.

I use gloves but only run socks. Gloves mitigate wear and tear on the Alcantara of my wheel, while socks give me a better feel for the pedals.

As for leg fatigue, that's normal. Even more pronounced when you have the option of a load cell. I've slowly developed stamina for long stints and can go for three hours without a break. I manage leg fatigue by using my load cell with no ABS (wheel-side not game-side). I've learned to essentially just brake with my big toe in racing as not a lot of brake pressure is required to slow down effectively.

Last edited:
I turned on the PS4 & expected the GT Sport update to begin. It didn't, so I started the game. The download showed up, but quickly gave an error message. I had run out of hard drive space. Again. After some overdue cleanup, we're downloading. I had to start up Wreckfest to pass the time while the GT Sport update was downloading. :lol:

I just need to stop playing SportMode and online Cup (manufacturer, nations, Toyota)-races.

It's very sad, because I love this game and enjoy SportMode and Cup races a lot... If only everybody could enjoy them, instead of unleashing their rage to other players. There is some other ways/games (Wreckfest, perhaps) to do that.

My DR was in max about 17000 (B) and I thought that races should turn cleaner at that 'high' DR level. But no, same ramming, bumping and pushing still going on. And when the penalty system is a pure joke, it's seems impossible to me to climb any higher in DR.

I just wonder, how these pushers has got their DR so high? Is there some way to tweak DR?

Most likely a question that has been answered before, but do the Safety Cars have any advantages over their regular road going counterparts?

EDIT: Except of being blinky boys that is :lol:

Last edited:
Doing another game restart. Thinking of the only Gr.1/3/4 cars, a player would need.

TS050, AMG GT3, RSR, GR.4 WRX.

Just thinking about Allround cars for FIA Nations, Daily Race, cars to learn at all the tracks. The cars above seem to be easy to drive. Have good grip in all track conditions. Above average performance,1 to remain competitive in a variety of scenarios.

Doing another game restart. Thinking of the only Gr.1/3/4 cars, a player would need.

TS050, AMG GT3, RSR, GR.4 WRX.

Just thinking about Allround cars for FIA Nations, Daily Race, cars to learn at all the tracks. The cars above seem to be easy to drive. Have good grip in all track conditions. Above average performance,1 to remain competitive in a variety of scenarios.
Id say the Hyundai for Gr.4 is a great shout

My DR was in max about 17000 (B) and I thought that races should turn cleaner at that 'high' DR level. But no, same ramming, bumping and pushing still going on. And when the penalty system is a pure joke, it's seems impossible to me to climb any higher in DR.

I just wonder, how these pushers has got their DR so high? Is there some way to tweak DR?
At 17K DR you would still be at the low range of B rank though. B has a pretty sizeable range compared to the ranks below (B's cap is 29 999 DR), the racing does get better the closer to A you get but idiocy still will happen on occasion :lol:. Just gotta grind the quali times and try to run away at the start of the race to keep the DR gains going!

I don't even know what's better: "favouite" or that stretched Nissan logo. Looks like this was made in a hurry. :lol:

194268457_490890905492205_5645243493936334347_n.png

Then I have a question, who else wants the new BRZ in GT SPORT?
I desperately do along with the GR 86, but when BRZ '15 came to GTS, I'd seen some people say it's unnecessary... How will it be this time?

Last edited:
I had a question. Is there any reasoning behind the re-naming of the two Fuji Speedway layouts? I know the change was made at least a year or two ago, but I wonder if it was related to licensing.

Last edited:
Anyone know why I can no longer save a screenshot or video using the Share button? All that happens is an icon shows up in the left upper screen, there is no way to save a screenshot or video. I have over 1TB of free space on the PS4. It started a few days ago.

Back