Gran Turismo Sport is Now Twice the Game it Was at Launch

I'd say closer to 1.5x the game it was at launch. Most of the cars they added never get used for anything and a lot of the tracks get forgotten about too when they never show up in the daily races. So yes, the content does exist but it never gets touched.

There's more to the game than Sport Mode.

While true, the game's direction seems to disagree. Everything in the game's design suggests it wants players to focus on Sport mode and everything else is just there to guide players into fulfilling that goal. The only aspect that doesn't necessarily feed players into Sport mode in some way is online lobby hopping or joining a private lobby with friends. What @MisterWaffles said holds true if you consider the core elements of the game - like unlocking DLC in CoD that only works in private multiplayer games but can't be used in the standard matchmaking lobbies.

Back when Gran Turismo Sport launched in October 2017, it faced two main criticisms. The first was that no true offline mode existed, while reviews also pointed to the relatively small amount of content.

Now the two main criticisms are broken penalty and SR systems.

There's more to the game than Sport Mode.

If you break it down, the entire game designed to push people into the FIA races without them even realizing it, think about this.

You get the game, and having come from past GT games, you get right into the offline GT League and CE/DS, but you soon realize the AI sucks and it gets boring very quickly. So then you start trying the online time trials for the daily races and think, this is kind of fun, maybe I’ll try one of the online daily races now. You start with race A, because it’s road cars, and coming from past GT games that’s what your used to, it makes perfect sense. Then it gets a bit boring so you think, maybe I’ll try some race cars, but race C has tire wear and fuel on, so race B is the best bet to get used to them, so you move onto race B. Now, after a while you’re getting used to the race cars and starting to wonder why the race is so short, and the wait time so long, then you start looking at race C. Eventually you dip you toes into race C and realize, the longer races with fuel/tires on are much better. But after a while you get start to get frustrated with always having to use hard tires, the constant repeating of combos and doing the same races all week long in dailies, so you start peeking in to looks at the FIA races. That’s when you realize that they get to use Soft and Medium Tires, and there’s a full season championship with points and all. So naturally, you start to do the FIA races and love them. By this time the game has done its work, and you are now fully hooked on GTS and it’s Online FIA races.

Obviously this won’t be true for everyone, but I feel like this is the games intended design, to funnel everyone they can into the FIA races. :)

Last edited:
Battle Royale dating sim.

So what you're telling me is, its actually supposed to be "The Real Battle/Dating Simulator".

Everything what Project Cars have and little more with eastern touch. Gran Turismo 7 I suppose:).

That sure isn't what the ads (Or the overall design itself) advertised. Feel like that was more of what people wanted it to be despite the clear lack of a 7 indicating otherwise.

Seems to me people didn't pay attention to history: If it's not a numbered game, it's not a mainline release regardless of the platform on.

This is GT Sport and not a "GT7".

There is like not even quarter of a sport even now. GT Road Cars if look clearly.

Seems to me people didn't pay attention to history: If it's not a numbered game, it's not a mainline release regardless of the platform on.

It is not like I'm blind or something, if it's not mainline, why it tried for last 2 years to be one.

There is like not even quarter of a sport even now. GT Road Cars if look clearly.

You're basing it purely on content and not design, which literally features a "Sport Mode". Pretty sure that alone is 90% of the game as indicated by the lackluster offline mode and the mostly online functionality.

A comparison would only be possible if there was already a "GT Sport" previously.

I compared, because recently saw a real Sport game as ACC, that's why GT looks weird to me now.

You're basing it purely on content and not design, which literally features a "Sport Mode". Pretty sure that alone is 90% of the game as indicated by the lackluster offline mode and the mostly online functionality.

And not design at all. Pro Super GT drivers going to race esport race in outdated cars with simplified physics, no weather and time of day changes, soon. To add with broken penalty system, but that's probably not a case for them, but still exists.

The way they published the game as, effectively a skeleton...was a pretty smart move, possibly with a much bigger plan for future projects...

Regular updates with new cars and content every month kept the players coming back. What a way to "force" people to play your game, eh?... No objections. :D

The way they "skipped" the launch of a full, traditional title on the PS4 seems to be strategical the way I see it... This way, they could focus on the next game, on a brand new console generation, from the very start. After seeing what the PS5 can do, and assuming I'm correct about their plans...GT7 might be massive.

I compared, because recently saw a real Sport game as ACC, that's why GT looks weird to me now.

It's a licensed Sports title (Like F1 2019 and Nascar Heat 4 from last year), its yet another not so accurate comparison.

Pro Super GT drivers going to race esport race in outdated cars with simplified physics, no weather and time of day changes, soon. To add with broken penalty system, but that's probably not a case for them, but still exists.

Mind showing me a game that has ALL the updated Super GT cars? As far as I can tell, I don't see any.

Back