Gran Turismo Sport is Now Twice the Game it Was at Launch

It's a licensed Sports title (Like F1 2019 and Nascar Heat 4 from last year), its yet another not so accurate comparison.
Mind showing me a game that has ALL the updated Super GT cars? As far as I can tell, I don't see any.

They tried, and failed, this not defend GT.

There is none, this not defend GT.

In the end, GT Sport didn't use a chance to be anything of what it could be, unique.

Overall, we gotta give it up to PD for 1. Listening, taking in board, at least acknowledging all our cries for the E30 and Supra RZ(Super dooper Ultra Magnus ice cream lickety splitickey premium version). Give them that.

PLUS! Porsche for everyone and a daggone Ruf!

Like the game, hate the wishes unfulfilled or whatever, this is a preview to the future of the franchise. They've tried this one, we see how they've adjusted. We see them changing traditional ways of modelling. They've opened their doors to GTP, etc. We've witnessed history of PD expanding their scope.

Keep complaining and keep playing. We're all the better for it.

They tried, and failed, this not defend GT.

There is none, this not defend GT.

Who said there was? If you're accusing me of "Defending" GT purely based on me pointing out how flawed your comparisons are, it's time you actually had better and more accurate elements to argue with.

You sit here saying GT Sport doesn't have anything sport about it (Basing that statement purely on a licensed sports title you saw, which isn't even close to the same thing AND purely on the content) while I literally have the game running with "Sport Mode" on the screen (The very thing PD built and designed the game around since the closed Beta I was in back in early 2017). Its an E-Sports focused game first and foremost, a poorly executed one in comparison to everything else with an E-Sports element attached to them as can be repeatedly indicated by the penalty system but an E-Sports title regardless (Hence the "Sport" portion of the title).

That's not based on bias or some idiotic emotional attachment or an extreme attitude of entitlement, it's all based on facts that are clear as crystal.

Who said there was? If you're accusing me of "Defending" GT purely based on me pointing out how flawed your comparisons are, it's time you actually had better and more accurate elements to argue with.

You sit here saying GT Sport doesn't have anything sport about it (Basing that statement purely on a licensed sports title you saw, which isn't even close to the same thing AND purely on the content) while I literally have the game running with "Sport Mode" on the screen (The very thing PD built and designed the game around since the closed Beta I was in back in early 2017). Its an E-Sports focused game first and foremost, a poorly executed one in comparison to everything else with an E-Sports element attached to them as can be repeatedly indicated by the penalty system but an E-Sports title regardless (Hence the "Sport" portion of the title).

That's not based on bias or some idiotic emotional attachment or an extreme attitude of entitlement, it's all based on facts that are clear as crystal.

Damn, I'd better admit being idiot than buying that part that "Sport Mode" is enough. Looking inside sport mode alone is very limited choice of races that the same over two years with a very little change of purely anything. Purely executed means to me not a win. What kind of sport it is, really? Gr.3 sport of mix GTE, GT3, GT300, GT1, Vision inexistent cars in one category. Regulation crazy to me, never have been seen before. This apart from a Gr.1, because this just wow. And no damage, no other impact on, just that straight arcade, with a plain and bland environment.
If GT would go a road of ACC it would be a Esport racing sim, it go with a road of Gran Turismo it could be GT game, but it is what it is - nothing in particular. After years the only remarkable thing about this title was a photo mode and livery editor, even though tracks on game engine looks like garbage.

Yeah 381283182 vision cars that no one uses and low amount of road cars...
Literally the article this is the thread for
By comparison, the updates have brought 114 more road cars and just 21 race cars, plus 33 more Gr.X race cars.

Some of these classifications are a little awkward. Road cars like the Porsche Taycan and Tesla Model S are included in the Gr.X umbrella, necessary as their electric power trains are not conducive to racing with cars that can refuel in the pits. Nonetheless, exactly half of the cars in the game — 168 — are now road cars, with 101 race cars of various types, and 67 Gr.X curios.

... By this time the game has done its work, and you are now fully hooked on GTS and it’s Online FIA races. ...
giphy.gif

@Famine Don't you know? Ignoring facts (Even when they are squarely in your face) is the hip thing to do nowadays, even if it makes you look like a tool.

Looking inside sport mode alone is very limited choice of races that the same over two years with a very little change of purely anything. Purely executed means to me not a win. What kind of sport it is, really? Gr.3 sport of mix GTE, GT3, GT300, GT1, Vision inexistent cars in one category. Regulation crazy to me, never have been seen before. This apart from a Gr.1, because this just wow. And no damage, no other impact on, just that straight arcade, with a plain and bland environment.

I absolutely agree that unfortunately, that's the state of Sports Mode. Probably wasn't helped by such a short and frankly, mostly unremarkable selection of tracks (with only a very small few of the new fictional ones being remotely ok to me, others being mostly forgettable). I pretty much have avoided Sport Mode since December 2019, only going there for possible YouTube content (As well as to alert friends that may not have been on as much or in a long while) so it's sad when its actually an accomplishment that a daily combo is actually different and not something that hasn't been repeated the last 8-10 times in the rotation. It was tolerable in the beta (with way less cars and tracks mind you), not so much in the finished product.

As for what Sport it is, that's kinda the strange yet hard coded reality of it: Its not FIA GT3 (That would be ACC, full license and all) or anything particularly, it's just an E-Sports mode with a bizarre mix and it reeks of yet another overly ambitious venture that got out of control really quickly and in the end was phoned in (kinda like GT5 really). In a strange and roundabout way, its actually quite unique but admittedly not for the same reason being able to drive the Buggy on the moon or the Kubelwagen around Dunsfold Airfield was.

So much content added and still missing so many important features. We only have rain at 3 tracks, no snow weather despite having snow tyres available, no nighttime La Sarthe, the mileage exchange is just an skeleton of what it should be, no multi class racing, group X is pretty much a "cemetery" for cars, no offline championships (only "chase the rabbit" races available at GT League) etc.

Don't get me wrong, I really like GT Sport, and the hundreds of hours I've put into the game confirm this, but the game had the potential to be so much more. It's a shame the update cycle is almost at the end, the PS4 deserved more from the GT franchise.

Well, at least, I hope PD learned a lot from GT Sport, and make the next GT the best of the franchise. I look forward for the next game, I think it'll be incredible 👍

In this thread people complain about a game that was released in beta almost 3 years ago and is still played by huge numbers of people.. every day.
This game is a massive success on so many levels, i would have been done with a "GT7" years ago, but here i am, reading updates on this game, 3 years after i played the beta. Along with many others.

This is by far the best GT game i have ever played, maybe the first one excluded.

As for what Sport it is, that's kinda the strange yet hard coded reality of it: Its not FIA GT3 (That would be ACC, full license and all) or anything particularly, it's just an E-Sports mode with a bizarre mix and it reeks of yet another overly ambitious venture that got out of control really quickly and in the end was phoned in (kinda like GT5 really). In a strange and roundabout way, its actually quite unique but admittedly not for the same reason being able to drive the Buggy on the moon or the Kubelwagen around Dunsfold Airfield was.

But most really hurtful thing that is actually FIA supported game. When I first heard that GT have such deal with FIA, it was overwhelmingly exciting. Motorsport in current state actually need that good entertaining partner as GT to maintain interest, and also keep all striction of the sport itself. Today, especially when all simulators are put in test with the situation of COVID, GT Sport shows how weak it is. Just to imagine this game could hold every FIA event in it, from kart to top touring models, even more like 24 hours of LeMan!

To add, as for Sport mode, true sport race there only Race C, this makes 1/3 of a mode itself. FIA races at least all trying to be serious.

By all respect Famine but cmon 83 tracks?
For me a track is a full track.

I don‘t count variations like different routes oder driving it backwards.

I think saying that this game has 83 tracks just paints a total wrong picture and
new buyers will be disappointed to actually see the track selection.

We all know the aspect this game lacks is tracks.

And I owned GT Sport from day 1.
I really can‘t recall if we had 160 cars.

The game was sold 20 bucks less within 2 weeks because low content and people were disappointed.

And esspecially now the game is more and more dying with just one car as DLC and
no communication about the future of Gran Turismo.

The game is and was always just a prologue but they called it differently.
Kudos to them for the free DLC. Kudos taken though for the ongoing bad PR work and letting their fans so long in the rain with no info at all.

By all respect Famine
None detected thus far. But hey, feel free to keep suggesting I shill for anyone then telling me it's out of respect.
Famine but cmon 83 tracks?
For me a track is a track.

I don‘t count variations like different routes oder driving it backwards.
Good for you.
I think saying that this game 83 tracks just paints a total wrong picture and
new buyers will be disappointed to actually see the track selection.
I specifically mention the track locations in the article. That includes the weird and disappointing nature of the original track locations (three oval, three dirt) and the number of and type of new ones.

Fun fact - the number 83 doesn't appear anywhere in the article. Which would be apparent if you'd, you know, read it.

And I owned GT Sport from day 1.
I really can‘t recall if we had 160 cars.
It had 168. You can count them on the relevant articles and lists we also published.

I repeat, what is bad about the article that you clearly didn't bother reading?

No one else picked up on the bit in the article about the next game then...?

"still six months or so before that comes to pass"...

How do you come to that conclusion, Mr @Famine ...? Unless you know something we don't, there's nothing official to say anything is coming this year other than a rumour... :odd::odd:

No one else picked up on the bit in the article about the next game then...?

"still six months or so before that comes to pass"...

How do you come to that conclusion, Mr @Famine ...? Unless you know something we don't, there's nothing official to say anything is coming this year other than a rumour... :odd:
You need the previous sentence, and link.
There seems to be a clear winding down of new things to play with, perhaps with the next game in mind. However there’s still six months or so to go until that comes to pass, and the new Mazda and Aston Martin Gr.3 cars show that Polyphony Digital still has some love to give to GT Sport.
If GT7 is rumored as a PS5 launch game (as per the link, which goes to "Gran Turismo 7 Rumored as PlayStation 5 Launch Title"), and the PS5 is coming "Holiday 2020", (a period which starts on November 27th this year; Black Friday), that's six months or so before it comes to pass.

I feel like this is the games intended design

Yep to drag a group of kicking screaming whiners out of their lonely individual gaming worlds and into a modern one where racing is live and you play with others of similar interests.
Most have greatly enjoyed being ‘raised’ by GTS. There seems to be a few snivelers stuck in the past tho. Lol

his is by far the best GT game i have ever played

Me too!
The only one I’ve played lol!

Back