Gran Turismo Sport New Cars Leaked: Porsche 930 Turbo, Civic Type R, and More

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well way to go PD, shelved the game and now this leak revealing the Porsche 930 Turbo one of my all time
favourite cars from the 80's.

I'm happy to see the Civic too.

Reality is it looks like PS Store staff mucked up as I suspect this was supposed to be added to the store NEXT week as would
fit for an update coming on Tuesday or Wednesday.

If a maintenance notice appears on Thursday/Friday then that kinda confirms update incoming.

Given the fact that we can do liveries I believe the Mazda is a waste. The only difference with both cars is the wing

Please PD give us the 3000GT VR-4 already. It’s the only Japanese muscle car remaining that isn’t in the game :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Yeah, because the Ferrari 488 GTE hasn't been running around tracks all over the world for a couple of years now. Not to mention the the Ford GTE and a more recent Aston Martin.
The 488 GTE and Ford GTE have been around for years at this point
Considering that they would be placed in the same class as Gr.3 if added, I'm going to say NO to those! GTE and GT3 shouldn't be in the same class, I'm already annoyed with the other cars PD lumped into this class versus having their own class.
Now if PD were to add modern GT3 cars (Aston Martin Vantage GT3, Ferrari 488 GT3, & Mclaren 720 GT3), then sure.

Given the fact that we can do liveries I believe the Mazda is a waste. The only difference with both cars is the wing
I'm guessing you never drove this car before, because there's way more differences between the road car and touring car than what you mentioned.

Well way to go PD, shelved the game and now this leak revealing the Porsche 930 Turbo one of my all time favourite cars from the 80's.
Pfft, it's just yet another 911 dupe. How many have we got now? Five? Like, nearly 2% of the car list is just 911s*.
... and the fact that it's a race car. It has a wider track, lower suspension, 15% less weight, 70% more power, and downforce.

Get the stock Toyota 86GT. Set its power and weight to the same as the 86 GT Gr.4, fit racing hard tyres, then put an 86 GT Gr.4 livery on it. Is it the same car but with a different wing? Nope.

*I'll need to flag this as ironic, otherwise some people won't see the joke and will take it seriously.

Please PD give us the 3000GT VR-4 already. It’s the only Japanese muscle car remaining that isn’t in the game :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
I'm not getting how that makes it a waste though? Am I missing something? lol

The Mazda touring car is just under 200 HP, correct? That would make it far too weak to even be categorized as a Gr. 4, so I'm wondering if it'll get punted to Gr. X. Would N200 even be a feasible option? I guess not given the advantages it has over everything in that class.

Honestly a good selection of cars, but doesn't really do much for me when 90% of the "daily" races are Gr. 4, Gr. 3 and Gr .1 or one-car races. If that are the races you deliver, please also deliver cars in these categories.

Also, still waiting for the Toyota GT-One, Nissan R390, CLK GTR and (for the first time possible in a Gran Turismo game, still cant believe they didn't give us that one yet) Porsche 911 GT1

The Mazda touring car is under 200 HP, correct? That would make it far too weak to even be categorized as a Gr. 4, so I'm wondering if it'll get punted to Gr. X. Would N200 even be a feasible option?
The GT6 one was 198hp standard, but with the turbo fitted it ran up to 290hp. I think that the lowest power Gr.4 with BOP is the Alfa Romeo 4C at 301hp, but that's at 1,111kg - the Roadster TC was 795kg standard.

It could fit into Gr.4 with its GT6 specs, but it would be the king of twisties and tyre wear, but hopeless on straights. Of course PD could just change the specs on the entirely fictional car to put it in there...

The GT6 one was 198hp standard, but with the turbo fitted it ran up to 290hp. I think that the lowest power Gr.4 with BOP is the Alfa Romeo 4C at 301hp, but that's at 1,111kg - the Roadster TC was 795kg standard.

It could fit into Gr.4 with its GT6 specs, but it would be the king of twisties and tyre wear, but hopeless on straights. Of course PD could just change the specs on the entirely fictional car to put it in there...

I hope you're right about them giving it a buff to meet Gr. 4 specs. Anything but Gr. X.

Previous update had five cars, which also includes the Red Bull X2019.

Surprisingly, this one only has four, with the Porsche 930 being the most obvious fresh addition to the installment.

Can this number of added cars in each update go down more lower in the future? Just kidding.

I mean, I would’ve thought the S500 would be a better match with the Toyota Sports 800, rather than the S800 (where the S500 has a much closer HP to the Sports 800) but whatever.

MmMmMmm mazda

Just waiting for the "Again only 4 cars! PD have definitely stopped working on GT Sport!!" posts!

The fact that we are still getting free DLC shows otherwise in my opinion - I know the number of cars per update is reducing, but it could just be temporary while they implement rain, work on some new tracks etc. or it IS because they are focusing more and more on the next title. Either way its a win-win for me (more cars, tracks and better features for GT Sport OR another GT)!
That's better for the next gen Gran Turismo, I mean, with Polyphony Digital stopping to add a lot of cars on GTS, GT7 (or whatever will be called) will come sooner than expected.

I'm most exited for the Mazda Roadster Touring Car to be honest. I couldn't care less about the Honda S800 because it's going to be another slow drive like the Toyota from last update which I already drove a bunch at Sardegna. The Civic is nice because it's been in every Gran Turismo game since the start except this one IIRC and the Porsche is a nice addition as well to go up against the Countach and 512 BB.

However I'm most excited for the implications that this Mazda brings. If this guy lands in Gr.4 it means so much for what PD could potentially bring back to the game. I used to think that all the old RM cars were lost because they were replaced by the GT Sport Gr.# cars, but if they're coming back that means we could potentially be seeing the Tuscan Speed 6, Corvette C6, Lexus IS-F, Honda NSX, Nissan R33/4, Mazda RX-7 and a bunch more in then future which excites me. Maybe even a Honda CR-Z?

Also another bit of useless trivia: The Audi R8 LMS Ultra is the only GT car added in the GT6 FIA partnership to not make the jump to PS4 along with the rest (SLS, M3 GT, Z4, GT-R). Where the hell is it PD?

Last edited:
It was actually N200.

images
I want this.

The Porsche 930 turbo is very welcome for me. Nfs Porsche memories. I am looking forward to civic type r ss well. The ep4 needs to return as well. Along with the new integra type r. It seems more and more like it the packs are Slowing down but i am happy what i get and some good stuff in the Wait for gt7 or what next gran tueismo game would be called. Gt sport 2 would not make sense. As its going back to its roots as well.

Pfft, it's just yet another 911 dupe. How many have we got now? Five? Like, nearly 2% of the car list is just 911s*.

*I'll need to flag this as ironic, otherwise some people won't see the joke and will take it seriously.

I saw the irony Famine so don't worry about that! You are right but I am a strong fan of 911's (looks at his model collection while typing) so I can never have enough 911's in game. 👍

It did throw me though because I was at a car show the other week and saw several of these and wished I could have it in GT Sport and lo and behold...

Previous update had five cars, which also includes the Red Bull X2019.

Surprisingly, this one only has four, with the Porsche 930 being the most obvious fresh addition to the installment.

Can this number of added cars in each update go down more lower in the future? Just kidding.
It has four so far, and four... that are below 10,000,000cr in value...

The 930 is an awesome addition, though it will probably be no less than 500,000 credits. I may have to cave and actually buy it with real $$.

And then there’s the whole H-pattern/clutch issue. Looking forward to grinding up some gears... :rolleyes:

3 out of 4 ain’t bad. But Honda S800? That's the one that broke the camels back. Way too many old, cereal-box cars being added to this game. We need some more cars from this century.

As another user pointed out, it’s not even the RSC version. This is just one more dust collector I’ll never drive.

Here’s to hoping this is the Rain update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back