Gran Turismo Sport on PlayStation 5: Transferring Save Data

My PS5 is arriving tomorrow I uploaded GTS save data to PS Plus cloud I was going to re download the whole game on ps5 I won't be using console to console data transfer.
So my question is do I first download save data from ps plus cloud and then gts or?

Huh. I have GT Sport installed on a external drive. I setup my PS5, did the data transfer of users and save game data, then plugged the external drive to the PS5. I do not see any photos or replays in my gallery :(

OT, but the big question is, will an update of GTS force you to reinstall the whole game and if so will it install a lot faster? :rolleyes:

Probably me being dense but I'm pretty sure I did this, tried a couple of times and still have everything except videos and photos, It's not a huge deal for me as all my other stuff is there but slightly irritating.

Don't be worried about filling up the 825GB SSD. You don't even get that much

There is only 670GB free for players to use as storage, lol.

My PS5 is arriving tomorrow I uploaded GTS save data to PS Plus cloud I was going to re download the whole game on ps5 I won't be using console to console data transfer.
So my question is do I first download save data from ps plus cloud and then gts or?
I think it will work either way, but the order I used was I downloaded the game on to the PS5 and then imported my save data from the PS4 via a USB memory stick and had no issues.

Do what the article says... but join your PlayStations with a cat 5 network cable before the transfer of data. It significantly cuts down on time.

You're welcome.

Where can i find that livery on GT86? i love it.
The picture was by @05XR8. Perhaps he can help?

The only way to get that exact livery is if he shares it in game. He may have already done so, & you can search by that specific car & see if it shows up. Search for 86 Gr. 4 in game. Here is how the car looks from multiple angles: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt-sport-photos.361261/page-74#post-13283095

And now I see that he gave a link in another thread. https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...lery/all/livery/5623436/1/5332855710672749569

Last edited:
Ok, i just transferred GTS to PS 5 and got everything in 22 minutes, my first two attempts didn't bring photos and videos and took hours.:irked:
Just make sure you are logged in to both consoles , don't need to be connected as long as there both on the same network.
Do the GTS save game data transfer only , mine was 280 MB, takes 30 secs.,then PS 5 will do a re-start, then go do the main game transfer, mine was 112GB, took 20 minutes.:cheers:

Edit: When you start GTS there might be some added downloads that pop up and auto download and install(LHTT, etc) and when you go into your garage it takes about 20 minutes for all the car icons to show up.

Last edited:
It does not work for me :(

No matter what I do, my replays, photos and Aracade -> Time Trial Leaderboard is lost on PS5.

I deleted all my GTS data on my ps5 and re-transferred using the 'data transfer' utility. Then re-download the game onto my PS5. I've tried that three times now. Before I tried downloading the save data from the psn cloud. None of it works.

After spending so much time in this game it is pretty annoying to be facing a bug like this. Thumbs down PD.

Last edited:
mef

No matter what I do, my replays, photos and Aracade -> Time Trial Leaderboard is lost on PS5.

I deleted all my GTS data on my ps5 and re-transferred using the 'data transfer' utility. Then re-download the game onto my PS5. I've tried that three times now. Before I tried downloading the save data from the psn cloud. None of it works.

After spending so much time in this game it is pretty annoying to be facing a bug like this. Thumbs down PD.
Yeah same for me. Tried so many times but just could not get it to transfer. Most annoyed about losing all my 'editable' liveries and my time trial records.

Yeah same for me. Tried so many times but just could not get it to transfer. Most annoyed about losing all my 'editable' liveries and my time trial records.
I’m keeping my ps4 save game around in case a solution comes around.

I wonder why the workaround works for some users and save games and not for others.
If only PD had a working customer support I’d gladly share my save game for debugging

mef

Do Not re-download GTS on to your PS5.....transfer the save game data only, 30seconds,then the PS5 should do a re-start, re-start your PS4 as well,make sure you are logged back in on both consoles, transfer main GTS file, 20 minutes,re-start ps5 and you should have everything on your PS5 that was on your PS4 in GTS.

Last edited:
Question on PS4 transfer - my friend’s PS4 appears to be partially bricked, and he’s looking to hop back in GTS before he can find a PS5 for GT7, Will his profile and data be able to exist on the new PS4 he’s about to pick up or will he have to start from scratch since he can’t seem to recover anything on the old system?

I’m keeping my ps4 save game around in case a solution comes around.

I wonder why the workaround works for some users and save games and not for others.
If only PD had a working customer support I’d gladly share my save game for debugging
Do Not re-download GTS on to your PS5.....transfer the save game data only, 30seconds,then the PS5 should do a re-start, re-start your PS4 as well,make sure you are logged back in on both consoles, transfer main GTS file, 20 minutes,re-start ps5 and you should have everything on your PS5 that was on your PS4 in GTS.
Thank you, this worked!

The first time I tried this method the data transfer for the game somehow did not begin. But this time it worked. A bit of a mystery, but I’m glad I have all my stuff back so thank you for suggesting.

Back