Gran Turismo Sport on PS5

• Thread starter ANDREA01
  • 10 comments
Italy
Italy
Hi to everyone, because more than a year ago Sony has confirmed the backward compatibility of the upcoming PS5 i would be glad if you could answer a question. By now we do know that 100 PS4 games will be running on the new console (tough this number will increase) and GT SPORT is probably gonna be one of them. After transfering our account from PS4 to PS5 will we get to play the whole campaign from the very beginning ? If i have every single car in my account will i be forced to start all over ?

Hi to everyone, because more than a year ago Sony has confirmed the backward compatibility of the upcoming PS5 i would be glad if you could answer a question. By now we do know that 100 PS4 games will be running on the new console (tough this number will increase) and GT SPORT is probably gonna be one of them. After transfering our account from PS4 to PS5 will we get to play the whole campaign from the very beginning ? If i have every single car in my account will i be forced to start all over ?
Unless Polyphony Digital or Sony makes some kind of statement on any of this, there is no possible way to know any of this.

Happy to read your answer.
It's worth noting that you have made mention of at least one misconception in your post:
By now we do know that 100 PS4 games will be running on the new console (tough this number will increase)
Sony has stated that the overwhelming majority of the 4,000+ PS4 titles will be playable at launch on PS5. The 100 number comes from wider media misquoting of Mark Cerny's presentation, wherein he said:
"Running PS4 and PS4 Pro titles at boosted frequencies has also added complexity. The boost is truly massive this time around and some game code just can’t handle it — testing has to be done on a title-by-title basis. Results are excellent though; we recently took a look at the top 100 PlayStation 4 titles as ranked by playtime and we’re expecting almost all of them to playable at launch on PlayStation 5."
That didn't mean, and never meant, that only the top 100 titles were tested as mostly working, despite a lot of media reports saying that only the top 100 games would work.

https://www.gtplanet.net/sony-clari...verwhelming-majority-of-ps4-titles-supported/

Nevertheless, it's still impossible to know until Sony/PD make an official statement on the matter whether GT Sport is one such title and, if so, exactly how it'll function with regard to game saves.

I really what to see how ps5 will run with GT sport with it boost mode, will we get more frame rate, better replay and more rain Affects

I really what to see how ps5 will run with GT sport with it boost mode, will we get more frame rate, better replay and more rain Affects
Perhaps. But if the rumors are true, I don't know if that many people with a PS5 will wanna play GTS when the next title will be right there staring them in the face. I might keep playing, personally, but I think this 2020 season of the FIAGTCs and GR Supra Cup could likely be the last, or at least the penultimate as the various championships transition to the next title.

Perhaps. But if the rumors are true, I don't know if that many people with a PS5 will wanna play GTS when the next title will be right there staring them in the face. I might keep playing, personally, but I think this 2020 season of the FIAGTCs and GR Supra Cup could likely be the last, or at least the penultimate as the various championships transition to the next title.

That if we don’t get GT at lunch, and I don’t see it coming as lunch

Fingers crossed for dynamic weather, 30+ grids, loads of new tracks...enough to keep us going to GT7

With real time raytracing, dynamic weather will be hopefully there :)

PS5 will easily increase the interior view quality rendering, especially in "sunny weather conditions".

Reflections size maps, and reflections frame rates will be increased too.

Also far detail (on other cars too), trees and grass detail, antialiasing, mirror details and hopefully real time motion blur (this last one is more difficult, but would match the replay quality to the "in game" quality).

Back