SlipZtrEm

can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
Screen-Shot-2016-05-19-at-6.02.39-PM-638x266.png

It's been a wild day. The big GT Sport Event in London just concluded its live stream, and we've been hit by a tsunami of new details. We've heard about the 19 tracks, we've heard the game will feature over 130 cars, and we've even got a date to mark on the calendar: November 15, 2016 (or up to a few days later if you're in the Europe or the UK).

In the US, much like other recent Gran Turismo titles, GT Sport is launching with both a Standard version, and a Limited Edition. The collector's choice, the LE comes with over $130 of bonus content according to Sony. Inside the stylish gold steelbook case, players will find codes for the following perks:

• GT Sport Starter Pack (8x Cars) – Gain immediate access to cars within various race class, including GT4, Rally, and more
  • $1MM In-Game Credit – Build and customize your personalized garage
  • Livery Sticker Pack – Bonus livery of numerous brands and logos
  • 30x PS4 GT Sport Themed Avatars – Based on selected GT Sport featured vehicles
  • Racing Helmet – For your customized driver profile
27067396726_e5a8796b23_o-638x359.png

I don't know about you, but the idea of a Group B modern Mustang sounds... AWESOME.
The Limited Edition will retail for $69.99 USD, or $89.99 CDN.

European GT fans get another, altogether more substantial pack: the Collector's Edition comes with an exclusive model of the Mercedes-AMG GT-S, as well as a special automobile enthusiast book written by the folks at Polyphony themselves. European pricing is yet to be announced for this or the other two editions of the game.

As is increasingly the norm, select retailers will also gift you with unique pre-order bonuses. In North America, all pre-orders will get early access to three cars: the Ford Mustang Group B Rally Car; Toyota FT-1 Vision GT Group 3; and Peugeot 908 HDi FAP LMP1. The retailer-specific perks are listed below:

• GameStop – 2x Early Access Bonus Cars
    • Chevrolet Corvette Group 3
    • Nissan NISMO GT-R GT3 N24
  • PlayStation Store
    • GT Themed PS4 Avatars
    • GT Sport Dynamic Theme
    • $500,000 In-Game Credit
  • Amazon
    • $500,000 In-Game Credit
https://www.gtplanet.net/gt-sport-pre-order-limited-edition-details-revealed/

You may want to add the European information as well as it has the Collectors edition:

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/05/19/gran-turismo-sport-release-date-confirmed/

26838004670_af147f0aef_z.jpg

Gran Turismo Sport Collector’s Edition includes an exclusive miniature model of the Mercedes-AMG GTS and a detailed car-lover’s guide written by the experts at Polyphony Digital themselves. Both the Steel Book Edition and Bonus Edition, meanwhile, come jam-packed with a selection of digital exclusives and extras.

You may want to add the European information as well as it has the Collectors edition:

Er, it's in there. The box image isn't, but it is up on the front page article. 👍

Oh please Oh please don't make us pay for extra content like forza.

Oh please Oh please don't make us pay for extra content like forza.

Personally, I like supporting companies that do post-release work (that I like) by handing over a few dollars instead of expecting them to work for free. :)

Actually, what has me a little worried is the valuation of the following at $130:
  • GT Sport Starter Pack (8x Cars) – Gain immediate access to cars within various race class, including GT4, Rally, and more
  • 30x PS4 GT Sport Themed Avatars – Based on selected GT Sport featured vehicles
  • Steelbook case
That stuff all costs more than the game itself?

Personally, I like supporting companies that do post-release work (that I like) by handing over a few dollars instead of expecting them to work for free. :)

Actually, what has me a little worried is the valuation of the following at $130:
  • Steelbook case
Costs as nearly 3 times the game itself but if people are happy to pay that much then PD can price it at that value but in my opinion definitely not worth it and compared to GT5 collectors edition you actually got a 1:43 scale diecast but in this nothing near as valuable.

• Steelbook case
Will get this if I can,as per.👍

• Steelbook case

Costs as nearly 3 times the game itself but if people are happy to pay that much then PD can price it at that value but in my opinion definitely not worth it and compared to GT5 collectors edition you actually got a 1:43 scale diecast but in this nothing near as valuable.

Actually, there is much confusion again (at least on my side) about the different Editions GT Sport will come with:
GT Sport Standard Edition (59,99 US$ at Amazon USA)
GT Sport Limited Edition (69,99 US$ at Amazon USA)
Gran Turismo Sport Collector’s Edition (not to be found anywhere yet?)
Gran Turismo Sport Steel Book Edition (not to be found anywhere yet?)
Gran Turismo Sport Bonus Edition (not to be found anywhere yet?)
Source:
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/05/19/gran-turismo-sport-release-date-confirmed/
The Collector's Edition includes a Miniature Model of a Mercedes-AMG GTS and a "Booklet for Auto-Fans" by Polyphony Digital.

I personally would like to go for the Collector's Edition, but I couldn't find a place to pre-order, not even at Amazon USA, the less so at Amazon.de (as I live in Austria/Europe).
But maybe this is one of the many things only time will tell, still 1/2 a year to go...

The other hidden implication is that some of that content is hidden behind a paywall and/or grinding for users who don't pre-order and that things like sticker packs might be paid DLC. If stickers are included in the pre-order as a bonus you pay for, how does a person who doesn't pre-order also get the stickers?

Just speculation of course but don't say I didn't warn you if it happens:(

The other hidden implication is that some of that content is hidden behind a paywall and/or grinding for users who don't pre-order and that things like sticker packs might be paid DLC. If stickers are included in the pre-order as a bonus you pay for, how does a person who doesn't pre-order also get the stickers?

Same exact thought I had, I even posted in the general discussion thread too. Usually when there is pre-order content, it more often than not gets offered at a price at one point or another. If it's locked behind a PayPal, then it'll be a kick in the mass more than the charged paint chips

As with GT6 there is no other way to unlock special contents without putting a code. I think the LE price is worth more than other games that cost too much for few freebies that are less worth.

Earlier today I pre ordered the Collectors Edition. All I hope is there'll be more Australian cars in Gran Turismo Sport amongst the 130 new cars.

Latest Posts

Back