Gran Turismo Sport Selected for First Ever Olympic Virtual Series

• Thread starter Rangeraus
  • 218 comments
Who cares? I didn't qualify for top 16 so why would I care who did?

The games hierarchy system is absolute ******** and it's just the same sad bastards who probably sit at their PlayStation 23 hours a day winning every comp

Definitely an unfair system and it's a shame cos the game itself is fantastic!
Then sit at your PlayStation 23 hours a day? As @MOPARbarrett5 said it's an Olympic discipline, no average joes compete in the biggest stage (apart from some exceptions -DISCLAIMER - No disrespect whatsoever, check the whole story of the guy-)

Last edited:
it's just the same sad bastards who probably sit at their PlayStation 23 hours a day winning every comp
You seem nice. Quality first post.

"Who cares?" asks the chap who dashed across the internet to register an account at the largest forum for the game, joining the "sad bastards" who talk about the game here every day, to give his opinion.

Last edited:

The games hierarchy system is absolute ******** and it's just the same sad bastards who probably sit at their PlayStation 23 hours a day winning every comp

Suck it up nerd, you've created a GTP account so youre one of us now

Suck it up nerd, you've created a GTP account so youre one of us now

Nerd Laugh.gif

I equally don't care about any of the people at the top, I also don't really care for eSports, at all, and I think making GT Sport an Olympic event somewhat degrades the Olympics itself... however, those people at the top (assuming no cheating), are the best, so it's not 'unfair' that a small bunch of people are the ones regularly at the top of the hierarchy, it's bonkers to call that unfair, that's how competition works. What would be unfair would be rigging the system so that people like you, or me, could win, without being remotely close in terms of ability.

Git Gud, or get over it.

I can tell you that the top guys like Hizal and Fraga, can put in a blind lap without practice with any car on any track, and it would take us the rest of our lifetime to match it ;)

Yes they spend loads of time playing, but that's only to get those last few tenths. In terms of base pace, the top guys are there because they are already naturally fast, not because of practice.

A few questions for you ...
- in gt6 or gt sport still exists .. or only .. the professional guide? and the various Myazono, Gallo, Hizal that I saw in the gt championship therefore drive with the "pro" necessarily at those levels? obviously yes .. right?
- is the ATP at zero in the championship? or can everyone fix it as they see fit?
- I hope (from the videos I didn't understand) they use manual gearbox (it's the only thing I've always used since playing gt games, and I've always hated the automatic)
- I am playing gt psp and wanted to know what else has improved besides obviously the graphics in the last episodes of PD. Soon I will get gt 6 or gt sport, I'm undecided. In the meantime, gt psp seems to me to be the right step to avoid going directly from gt 2 to gt6 ..

I hope someone will answer me despite my english

So the consolation Cr400.000 were distributed today. I wish we had gotten a copy of the Olympic GR Supra instead, but eh.

Oh lol. Apparently they're using online IDs, so the Olympic Virtual Series offshore sailing competition was nearly a dead heat - after three weeks of sailing - between the winner Toppen and... Your Mom.

And the presenters apparently saw the "Great Britain" (UK) flag in the GTS line-up. Nope.

Great 1st race.

Near the end, lap 6 I think, there's a shot of the train of all the cars showing how close it is. All amazing drivers.

W-what? What's going on with Fraga? I hope it really is a technically problem and there's nothing nefarious at play, here, like match fixing or something.

Last edited:
Fantastic performance from BRacer, certainly. They picked three of the worst possible tracks to do standing starts on and it's a shame TsuTsu lost out given the performance he put in for those first two races.

Also these two muppets on the Olympic sections of the stream are dreadful

(Spoilers)

Well not quite a win 😂 Far from that, but I'm not complaining :D Up against that grid I couldn't see myself above P13 so a top 10 finish having qualified 11th is already more than I expected :cheers: Even making it into this event was surreal after saying so many times that it was a 1 in a million chance. Between the qualifying format, the TT combo, certain things that happened in the TT and the finals combos themselves, it was pretty much as good of a chance to qualify and do decently in an event as I could've wished for. I'm extremely grateful for it all, it's been an honour <3

Last edited:
Watched it last night on the GT website.
(Spoilers)

Well not quite a win 😂 Far from that, but I'm not complaining 😁 Up against that grid I couldn't see myself above P13 so a top 10 finish having qualified 11th is already more than I expected :cheers: Even making it into this event was surreal after saying so many times that it was a 1 in a million chance. Between the qualifying format, the TT combo, certain things that happened in the TT and the finals combos themselves, it was pretty much as good of a chance to qualify and do decently in an event as I could've wished for. I'm extremely grateful for it all, it's been an honour <3
Congrats. Fantastic performance. To be alongside the current champion for most of the race is a great achievement. You have done something we can all only dream of.

It's a shame what happened to Beauvois. Not sure if it was just the silliness of going 2 wide at Larini 1, or if there was lag issues. Obviously it effected Igor, good job to him to pull out of the way.
I noticed at times Jimmy wanted to say Chicane of Death but had to just call it the chicane as it is an unofficial name. Come on GT! Just adopt the name. 😁

(Spoilers)

Well not quite a win 😂 Far from that, but I'm not complaining 😁 Up against that grid I couldn't see myself above P13 so a top 10 finish having qualified 11th is already more than I expected :cheers: Even making it into this event was surreal after saying so many times that it was a 1 in a million chance. Between the qualifying format, the TT combo, certain things that happened in the TT and the finals combos themselves, it was pretty much as good of a chance to qualify and do decently in an event as I could've wished for. I'm extremely grateful for it all, it's been an honour <3
You've qualified for an event that only 15 other people in the entire world have managed to. You finished in the top 10, had a great battle with and overtook the current World Champion and even if strategy helped a little bit, you even led the grand final race for a while! A performance to be proud of! :cheers: Congrats!

:gtpflag:

1624541050412.png

1624541074677.png

Edit: Btw, just noticed... Since when is Patrik Blazsan Malaysian? 🤪

Last edited:
Last corner.. don't be the car behind #1 , and what a perfect defensive move, a few frames later and it would have been dirty :-)
That reminded me of last week with Race C. I shared one of my videos to the "Daily" Race Discussion forum and one of them told me that I had given the race win at the same exact corner at the same final lap. He is right but, like what you've mentioned could have been worse.

I have to be honest, all of the races had made my heart skip a beat at least once especially the final. It's weird but understandable to only see a few, if not one local website that has talked about "TAJ_AIMAN" making it to the entire competition. It was nice to see him holding up the position against Beauvois in the last race even if it lasted a few laps.

(Spoilers)

Congrats! You did something that a lot of people (including myself) think is impossible to achieve, but you did it and even led the final at the same time!

Not that big audience with only 1600 viewers...
Probably because it's on the Olympics channel and not GT.

That being said, simracing esports is a lot more niche than people think it would be; unless you have a massive following like F1 and you put it on the main channel (like they did for the Virtual GPs) it's hard for most of these events to break 10,000 concurrents.

The GT channel's done great in that regard; I'm surprised they didn't (or couldn't) re-host it.

Back